Pakistan tour of South Africa - 2018/19

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Good game. I don't know why people are surprised at Pakistan's showing in the ODI series. I have always said that if they sort their batting, they're a force in any format and on any day. I've backed Imam from day 1 and good to see him shut his critics up. Zaman is the sort of guy you need to get the ball rolling and Malik is world class and vastly underrated. But, I think the game changer this series has been Hafeez. I have always insulted him for sucking the life out of a batting effort but finally he did some good to Pakistan after his 654987 comebacks. Hope he keeps it up and it would be nice to see some team other than IND, ENG and NZ have a crack at the world cup.

I will repeat, SA are a very very poor team. Expect some shocks at the upcoming world cup.

EDIT: Unless of course they decide to take number 17 off Reeza Hendricks and ask a certain bloke to dawn the gold and green. Then I would term them as one of the favourites. :D

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good game. I don't know why people are surprised at Pakistan's showing in the ODI series. I have always said that if they sort their batting, they're a force in any format and on any day. I've backed Imam from day 1 and good to see him shut his critics up. Zaman is the sort of guy you need to get the ball rolling and Malik is world class and vastly underrated. But, I think the game changer this series has been Hafeez. I have always insulted him for sucking the life out of a batting effort but finally he did some good to Pakistan after his 654987 comebacks. Hope he keeps it up and it would be nice to see some team other than IND, ENG and NZ have a crack at the world cup.

I will repeat, SA are a very very poor team. Expect some shocks at the upcoming world cup.

EDIT: Unless of course they decide to take number 17 off Reeza Hendricks and ask a certain bloke to dawn the gold and green. Then I would term them as one of the favourites. :D
To be fair, criticisms for Imam, and Fakhar both, were mostly about Test cricket. He doesn't seem to handle the moving red ball well at all against good attacks. The white ball, especially Kookaburras, don't swing much and there is more margin for error for batsmen. no doubt he's performed, and definitely looks good, but questions were about whether his inclusion in the Test squad was a rushed job.

EDIT: I always thought it was kind of strange for AB to retire before the World Cup. It would have been a nice send off if he was able to pull it off, but I suppose everyone has their personal reasons.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
To be fair, criticisms for Imam, and Fakhar both, were mostly about Test cricket. He doesn't seem to handle the moving red ball well at all against good attacks. The white ball, especially Kookaburras, don't swing much and there is more margin for error for batsmen. no doubt he's performed, and definitely looks good, but questions were about whether his inclusion in the Test squad was a rushed job.

EDIT: I always thought it was kind of strange for AB to retire before the World Cup. It would have been a nice send off if he was able to pull it off, but I suppose everyone has their personal reasons.

SA can't win even with AB. They have no bowling.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If Malik wins this series. I don't see any reason not to kick Sarfraz out of team. Rizwan is better in form than Sarfraz and Malik has more experience and is better tactician

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If Malik wins this series. I don't see any reason not to kick Sarfraz out of team. Rizwan is better in form than Sarfraz and Malik has more experience and is better tactician
I could be wrong but I remember something about him not wanting to be captain when we was asked earlier. This was before when Hafeez captained the T20 team for a few games.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I could be wrong but I remember something about him not wanting to be captain when we was asked earlier. This was before when Hafeez captained the T20 team for a few games.

Malik is calling time after the WC. 6 months to go, this is the perfect time.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'm sure he wouldn't decline if he's asked to lead the team in this WC. He also knows he'll retire after WC.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I read an interview with him once where he basically said how elements within Pakistan cricket (players and bureaucrats) didn't really want him to succeed as captain when he was first appointed, and that disheartened him with the whole process. Younis was made captain then, and we all know how horribly the board treated him. I wish they make him captain, I do. He's light years ahead of Sarfraz as a cricketing brain, and even generally, seems to be good leader material. But I think if he declines, because he's just done dealing with bureaucracies, I would understand that completely. Micky Arthur seems to only want to play his people. Same with the selection committee. If I were him, I wouldn't want to get involved in that, especially considering he's closing in on retirement. Why take the headache now.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Also, I'm a huge Amir supporter, and believe he's unjustly and unfairly attacked in Pakistan's media, perhaps more than any other player. Even so, the drop in his pace is alarming. I don't know what's happened. The drop in pace might also be affecting his swing, can't say for sure. He's still very productive, as his control is incredible. He should work with someone like Wasim Akra, especially now that he's involved in the PCB, to get his pace back up. He should be around 140 all the time ideally.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
he drop in pace might also be affecting his swing, can't say for sure.
This shouldn't be the case. Instead a bowler drops pace to have more swing/seam control. So if Amir dropped his pace to look for swing. It hasn't been the case then

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I'd back Malik as captain. Cant bear Sarfraz shouts anymore. The guy needs to be dropped because of his poor performance allby around. Just because he was captain you couldnt drop him. Rizwan should be given more opportunity.

I m feeling for Aamir but I'd back Junaid any day over Shinwari. Hopefully, If Shoaib gets full time.captaincy we will be seeing consistent and pleasing lineup for the ODI. Sarfraz on the other hand has clear favorites

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
SA have found a gem of a player in Van der Dussen. He is a perfect fit in this SA middle order, even better than that overrated Klassen and Behardien. If only SA were not so inconsistent with their performances, they'd be a menacing team. They've become more like Pakistan, fabulous on one day and shite on the other day. SA have all bases covered for the WC but its their lack of all-around team performances and consistency which fails them time and again.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
A grear Odi series. One day cricket was one of itsit best. Today, South Africa outplayed Pakistan though mostly in the second half of innings.

You know what Faf has done with this young team, he has beenbeen successfully throwing out the choking tag from this side. These young guys are building up a great team for South Africa in some months to come. The only problem is with their bowling side as Styen is at its farewell while Olivier fate isnt looking good considering the talent he is possessing at the moment. You cant really rule out South Africa in WC.

Id still back Malik as Odi captain, he didnt hassle in changing the bowling lineups rather was consistent with his calmness and captiancy, the bowlers didnt respond though upto the expectations. Had it been Sarfraz todayis, We would be listening too many shouts and rapid bowling changes.

Pakistan missed the trick though today by not inducting Hasan Ali. Aamir is still playing based on his CT final performance.

Aamir is a clear left out. Please drop him. I would expect Inzy to use some sense in selection a bit more and induct Junaid as well as give Shan Masood proper chance as opener. Have a middle order batsman even a debutant who can scare Hafiz position.

Haris Sohail though is a good option. If Pakistan got his selection right, they would be ultra dangerous in WC however they always played well when they are cornerned

Users who are viewing this thread