Pakistanis banned from speaking English at WC

hassan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
ummmm have we actually got a proof or has their been a recent test that proves that they have got any nandralone in their body???

cric_craze

Club Cricketer
wat does cheating have to do with banned from speaking english stick to the topic and stop calling other ppl cheats when u never look at urself

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, the thread clearly states that this is about Pakistan players not being allowed to speak English. The best thing to do is for you lot to stop bitching about cheating (regardless of what you believe) so that a mass confrontation can be prevented here. This issue is going to keep popping up for a good while but it's best not to ressurect it here.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
you tell us to stick to the topic and then you make a point lol, i can look at England when calling others cheats and surprise surprise! They don't take drugs (or if you like to deny it ,fail drugs tests) and they don't walk on the pitch

Sureshot

Executive member
I'm a little disappointed in the decision tbh, I like the fact all the teams speak in English in conferences it makes the game seem more unified.

D

Deleted member 11215

hassan said:
exactly and dude64'z post about them tryin to be smart now coz they can speak in english and not let the truth out of the real reason behnid injury is just rubbish really.... if they cant speak english properly they cant exactly explain about it and what actually is the problem properly thus its misunderstood...
hassan have you decided to speak urdu only aswell?:eek:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sureshot said:
I'm a little disappointed in the decision tbh, I like the fact all the teams speak in English in conferences it makes the game seem more unified.
Why English? Why not Chinese?

The point of post match conferences is to get thoughts and feelings about the game. As long as they can communicate, it shouldn't matter what language they speak because whoever wants to understand them will have the resources to figure out what they said.

D

Deleted member 11215

the reason it should be english is the aussies speak english, the english, the south africans, the scottish, the newzelanders, the scottish, the irish, bermudans and west indies and probably more all speak english fluently and well, so thats why it should be in english. Id understand if they recommended they did it in Urdu but banning them in insaine, what happens if they speak english? they get sent home?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I can fully understand players wanting to speak only in their first language, of course. But I do feel it is a backwards step to actively ban players from speaking a language they may feel comfortable using (no matter what that language is). It will not promote their first language as people who dont speak it are hardly likely to hear it and think "wow, I must learn to speak that".

What it does mean however is they are less likely to be interviewed live and get their point of view across as subtitles/dubbing takes time and lets face it, if you look at the main countries competing in the tournament a large number are English speaking.

Edit: @ Duded - Are Scotland competing twice :p And dont forget half of Canada,and the fact the English is widely spoken in Holland. Not that hardly anyone from those countries will be watching ;)

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
duded64 said:
the reason it should be english is the aussies speak english, the english, the south africans, the scottish, the newzelanders, the scottish, the irish, bermudans and west indies and probably more all speak english fluently and well, so thats why it should be in english. Id understand if they recommended they did it in Urdu but banning them in insaine, what happens if they speak english? they get sent home?

How many types of scots are there? :p

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Kev said:
I can fully understand players wanting to speak only in their first language, of course. But I do feel it is a backwards step to actively ban players from speaking a language they may feel comfortable using (no matter what that language is). It will not promote their first language as people who dont speak it are hardly likely to hear it and think "wow, I must learn to speak that".

What it does mean however is they are less likely to be interviewed live and get their point of view across as subtitles/dubbing takes time and lets face it, if you look at the main countries competing in the tournament a large number are English speaking.

Edit: @ Duded - Are Scotland competing twice :p And dont forget half of Canada,and the fact the English is widely spoken in Holland. Not that hardly anyone from those countries will be watching ;)

Since when is English widely being spoken in the Netherlands? It is being taught at mid-level schools, but not really spoken in public.

Users who are viewing this thread