Pakistan's Tour of South Africa - Feb-March 2012/13

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
A good bowling performance by us in this 2nd innings.We need 5 wkts in 40 overs.Hopefully we get them to start this tour with a win

Our Middle order needs to put up some runs if we want to make an impact.At the moment it is looking fragile because of form of some players.Asad,Azhar should get some runs under their belts.I won't mind if we get Taufeeq or Haris in

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
i think pakistan can defeat south africa 3-0 in test ; 5-0 in ODI

and 2-0 in T 20 and SA WILL BE WHITE WASHED IN THEIR HOME BY PAKISTAN

:lol :lol. I think it might be the complete opposite in Tests thought I'm not too sure about ODIs & T20s because SA have looked vulnerable in those formats even at home. Maybe a 3-0 win for SA in the Test series, 3-2 for either side in the ODIs and a 1-1 level in the T20Is.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Good to see Rahat Ali and Tanveer getting called up. Both are good bowlers. Tanveer can play the role that Asif did for us for a while. Rahat Ali is young and he can be very sharp. He is easily over 140 KPH bowlers and can swing the ball.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Our Bowling should be consist of Junaid, Gul, Irfan/ Edil. Rahat is a good bowler but I feel pace is not what is required on SA surfaces, you need to bowl with correct line and length to get wickets.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Dont know how effective will tanvir be,not a fan of him but he cant fill Asif's shoes ever for sure.Asif had a great swing but Tanvir is just a medium pace bowling with a little swing so i expect him to go for palenty of runs

Addy

National Board President
We have more seam bowlers than swing Junaid, Gul, Tanvir. So all we need is to pick a swing bowler like Rahat Ali or Ehsan as a third Quickie. M.Irfan doesn't swing or seam it much, just relies on his height factor.

----------

M.Asif was the one who could swing and seam at the same time. You must have watched him in Eng 2010 vs Aus and Eng.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
With Jamshed already there to cover the opener slot, they should have sent in a middle order batsmen but Ilyas will not let any opportunity to go for selection of his pathetic son in law.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
SA have won their last 5 test series so if even Pakistan could just give them a bit of hard time we should appreciate them.I wish we dont get out under 50 anytime in the series :P

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Well It would be a miracle if Pakistan make anywhere 300. We have to make at least that much to have a chance of getting any leads against a powerful batting line up.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Junaid has bowled beautifully on this pitch. He deserved a lot more than one wicket for his effort. He is definitely filling the big shoes of Aamir.

Users who are viewing this thread