PC Co-op shooters, ones that are still active, of course

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
After playing Spec Ops on MW2 (Xbox 360), I want to get myself a good PC online FPS game that has co-op (a campaign would be nice as well, but that's not my main concern for this game). Splitscreen would be good - my monitor's more than big enough. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

I've already got L4D...

Edit: What's Quake Wars like? Still active? Co-op?

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
As well as co-op shooters, I'm also interested in objective based ones (not CTF or anything like that), proper mission based objectives - such as those that are available in Call of Juarez (I think): one team's the bandits, one team's the 'lawmen' and it's the bandits' objective to rob the bank and the good guys task to stop them. I do enjoy CoD online, but it's a bit too 'run and gun'. I'd love a shooter where you're forced to be more tactical. MW2 might have been that shooter, due to the riot shields, but unless they introduce dedicated servers for the PC, it won't be given the chance to prove it.

Edit: Battlefield 2142 looks good, as does Quake Wars. Is there a site where you can go to see how active any given game is at the moment?

Last edited:

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
As well as co-op shooters, I'm also interested in objective based ones (not CTF or anything like that), proper mission based objectives - such as those that are available in Call of Juarez (I think): one team's the bandits, one team's the 'lawmen' and it's the bandits' objective to rob the bank and the good guys task to stop them. I do enjoy CoD online, but it's a bit too 'run and gun'. I'd love a shooter where you're forced to be more tactical. MW2 might have been that shooter, due to the riot shields, but unless they introduce dedicated servers for the PC, it won't be given the chance to prove it.

Edit: Battlefield 2142 looks good, as does Quake Wars. Is there a site where you can go to see how active any given game is at the moment?

L4d 2 Demo,Resident Evil 5,Unreal tournament 3, Bf2142(very very few players are online :()

Users who are viewing this thread