Story PC Vs The ROW - First test Lunch Day 1 Kenya 8/145

team selections, interviews, mini match analysis

That's quite a lot, so maybe have like one captain a game or co-captains if you know what I mean.

hmmm i thought about that. Ok ill explain it better

The Captain will get to pick the team for each match. Then every so often there will be a few interviews. most likely one Interview for every country the team faces. And the mini match analysis would only have to be say 75-100 words on what the captain thought of how the team went and what could be improved.
For Those who wish to be captain, pm me saying why you think you should be picked as captain. i will pick the best response and they will be captain.
if the majority thinks that the match analysis is too much then i would gladly do it being player/coach

1 bowler is needed,isn't it?
Name- Gary
Type - Right Arm Medium[Can Bat]
Age - 17

IMO, you should captain, as you are running the story.

Yes i could be but, im already coach and filling in as a player and i would like it for the members to feel involved in the decision making and what not.

1 bowler is needed,isn't it?
Name- Gary
Type - Right Arm Medium[Can Bat]
Age - 17

Thanks Gary123. That fills all the available positions. ill Post the fixtures shortly and have them up in the first post.
As for Captiaincy i have already received 2 pms from possible candidates and would like it some more came through
Ill allow for captaincy pms till tomorrow 1am Eastern Standard Time. Not Sure what that is elsewhere in the UK and India

Name ~ Nathan Spinks
Type ~ Right arm Fast
Age ~ 16

I did.......
:doh Ivan Errection lol

I wish I'd known about this earlier, I could have opened the batting D:

Gazza_11 added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

IMO you shouldn't play Tests against non-test playing countries!

Name ~ Nathan Spinks
Type ~ Right arm Fast
Age ~ 16

Excellent i can go back to being just coach now ill ahve you take my place but is it ok if i change you to keeper/keepr batsman cos our bowling line up is full
captaincy nomnations are closed the 4 i have recieved i will review and post my decision later on

gutterman added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

@ Gazza im aware of that but think of it as training for the big teams

Last edited:
The ICC has finally found its required 16 players for the Planet Cricket Rovers squad. The Coach, Brendan Gutteridge, has made this comment on his current team
I am very pleased with how the ICC scouting team went. From what I have seen, the 16 players selected are all quality players and I look forward to working with each and every one of them.

The Team faces its first challenge when they go up against Kenya in two test matches, two One day internationals and a 20/20 match. Here is the Squad that will go on the the world tour:
Batsmen
Shakti Makwana, 22
Jimmy Dotters, 19
Justin Chee-Quee, 18
Ivan Errection, 19 Top Order
Callum Gray, 16
Brendon Hedger, 17 Opening/Top Order

All Rounders
Elliot Witters, 15 Bowling allrounder
Nick Marcell, 16 Batting Allrounder
Tom Baker, 19 Batting Allrounder

Wicket Keepers
Prithviraj, 17 Opening keeper batsman
Nathan Spinks, 16

Bowlers
Madhur Verma, 24 Opener
Humphrey Marka, 25 Opener
Gajan T, 14 Leg spin
Amiya, 15 Off Spin
Gary, 17 Medium

It is a very strong looking squad with a lot of youth players. The Oldest being 25 and reaching as young as 14. There is a lot of inexperience in the team so that could be a major factor in the first few games of the tour. The Captain has been chosen by Gutteridge and his choice is Brendon Hedger. Hedger, being only 17 has been given alot of resposibility and will have the full weight of the team on his shoulders. He may have to make spilt second decisions and will be under alot of pressure to perform.
Here is what Gutteridge had to say:
Brendon is an aspiring young character. Being at a still very young age he has all the time in the world to succeed or fail, but he has my full faith and trust, in which i believe he can get the job done. I did have a few other candidates which i couldnt split a decision between any of them but in the end I believe I made the right choice.

I didn't even say that I want to be a wicket-keeper. So I don't know why you did it, but sure. :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread