[PCCL 2010] Preseason Tournament

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
In What language do You capitalize Every Other word?..?

P Squared

International Coach
Actually in some langauages there aren't any capitals....

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
okay, that wasn't my point, but thanks for bringing that up.

P Squared

International Coach
Only in India and Pakistan as far as I know. Not just basics but Shakespeare too.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
So I'm glad the game didn't crash today but the page performance was hit as a result. I'm still investigating the static HTML page fix that should hopefully improve this. But if you guys keep your scorecards open, the AJAX should pull it in quicker since it doesn't have to reload the whole page. So the moral of the story is to not F5, but just keep the page open. :)

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
So I'm glad the game didn't crash today but the page performance was hit as a result. I'm still investigating the static HTML page fix that should hopefully improve this. But if you guys keep your scorecards open, the AJAX should pull it in quicker since it doesn't have to reload the whole page. So the moral of the story is to not F5, but just keep the page open. :)

What if you held each one after the other, so start a bit earlier, then once one finishes start the next. Might reduce traffic a tad, and we'll get more activity in the threads because everyone will be discussing each match, instead of just their own. More banter!:laugh

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
What if you held each one after the other, so start a bit earlier, then once one finishes start the next. Might reduce traffic a tad, and we'll get more activity in the threads because everyone will be discussing each match, instead of just their own. More banter!:laugh
Yeah I wouldn't mind doing that all, figuring out the timezones would be the only issue!

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
More banter!

Do really any more of this banter? I've heard more witty ripostes from long deceased arachnids.

Not a bad idea though if it does help with the speed and it would create a better atmosphere in the match threads.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Sohum, not that I mind walloping the Stump Smashers twice, but we are missing a game against the Spin Wizards. As a result the Wanderers play the Smashers twice (Wednesday & Friday) but it also means that the Bandits play the Wizards twice (Thursday & Friday).

So, that would need to be fixed :thumbs.

Users who are viewing this thread