PCs football team - Droylsden FC

DPRA

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
After a very smart idea from Treva, I have decided to confirm that Droylsden FC is now in partnership with PC.

This thread is designed to keep the members of PC up to date with the team they will be supporting, for those who don't know who Droylsden FC is, here is a brief summing up of us:

Droylsden F.C. is an English football club based in Droylsden, Greater Manchester. They currently play in the Conference North.

In 1976 Droylsden lost 5-3 in a First round replay at Grimsby Town, after a late home goal was disallowed. In 1978, Dave Taylor's goal at Rochdale sent Drolysden through to a second round tie at home to Altrincham, who ended the run with a 2-0 win. However when the late 1970s side broke up, Droylsden's fortunes slumped, and they finished a distant bottom of the First Division in 1982. They were then placed in Division Two of the new North West Counties Football League. The unstable period ended with the appointment of Mark Fallon as player-manager. In his second season Fallon guided the club to the Second Division Championship, which was Droylsden's first senior honour.

After finishing third in the inaugural season of the Conference North in 2004-05, Droylsden were looking to go one better and reach the top tier of non-league football for the first time in their history. A fourth-place finish in the 2005-06 season gave Droylsden a second chance to reach the Conference National through the play-offs. However, they narrowly missed out on promotion in a penalty shoot-out in the final against Stafford Rangers.

On 29 March 2006 Droylsden lost 2-1 to Hyde United in the final of the Manchester Premier Cup. On 18 April 2007 they beat Flixton 3-0 in the final of the Manchester Premier Cup. Three days later they beat Harrogate Town 2-0 and so won promotion to the Conference National as Conference North champions with two games in hand. However, they struggled in the Conference National, and were relegated back to the Conference North on 8 April even though they beat Farsley Celtic 2-1, due to Weymouth's draw against Grays Athletic the same evening.

In the 2008–09 FA Cup, Droylsden defeated League Two side Darlington 1–0 in a replay, earning themselves a place in the Second Round Proper against Chesterfield.

This thread will contain every result and bit of news coming from the Droylsden camp, so stay here, and keep up to date with PC's team, Droylsden FC:

Latest Result:

Droylsden (0) A-A (2) Chesterfield.

Next Game:

Tamworth (1st) v Droylsden (10th)

The players leave the Butcher's Arms pitch after Tuesday's floodlight failure
Chesterfield were denied a place in the third round of the FA Cup when their replay at Droylsden was abandoned with the visitors leading 2-0.

The League Two side were on course for victory over Blue Square North outfit Droylsden when floodlight failure ended the game on 70 minutes.

Jack Lester and Darren Currie had scored either side of half-time.

The tie has already been abandoned once because of fog, and the subsequent 2-2 draw ended with a controversial goal.

A fourth match will now be necessary to decide who gets a trip to Championship side Ipswich Town in the third round.

"There's far more visibility here now then there was two weeks ago when we played 45 minutes," Chesterfield manager Lee Richardson told BBC Radio 5 Live after Tuesday evening's abandoned game.

"The referee will probably hide behind safety regulations, which is fair enough, but there were only 19 minutes left to play.

"Could we have got to the end of the game without any incident if both teams had agreed? I think we probably could.

"It's unsatisfactory for me. I don't see why the game couldn't have been finished but hey ho, we'll go again."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Droylsden: Mawson, Brownhill, Cryan, Halford, Newton, Brown, Prince (Townson 64), Sorvel (Tandy 55), Beck, Lamb, Tipton.
Subs Not Used: Clancy, Pickford, Byron, Burbeary, Roche.

Chesterfield: Lee, Gray, Page, Downes, Austin, Currie, Lowry, Kerry, Robertson, Ward, Lester.
Subs Not Used: Carson, Picken, Harsley, Winter, Hall, Boden, Algar.

Booked: Robertson.

Goals: Lester 25, Currie 53.

Att: 2,261

Ref: Colin Webster (Tyne & Wear).

www.bloods.fotopic.net

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
What do you mean, is this true? No, of course it's not. It's the 7557th Droylsden related threat posted by Lee. Luckily this should be the last though, just a shame it's going to be a less interesting version of the M_Vaughan run Spanish Football Thread.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Lee your support of Droyldsen is admirable, but the vast majority of the board support Premiership teams and couldn't care less about Droylsden. Now you can pass us of as glory hunters if you want but it's not our fault that our teams are good enough for top flight football.

And anyway i'm pretty sure you were a United fan a couple of months ago.

DPRA

International Cricketer
Can you get the PC logo on your kits??

I will have a word...

What do you mean, is this true? No, of course it's not. It's the 7557th Droylsden related threat posted by Lee. Luckily this should be the last though, just a shame it's going to be a less interesting version of the M_Vaughan run Spanish Football Thread.

I don't think this is the 7557th one, more like 7558th ;)

couple of weeks ago ;)

Got the United shirt given to me as a present.

Didn't Chesterfield have a takeover?

Nope, not that I can remember.

Users who are viewing this thread