Pietersen and Flintoff Part From Struggling Woodworm

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
They're not on the site. There was only 1 very small picture in The Sun today. Could barely see the bat, just the top of the stickers. I imagine that Adidas are in negotiations with Fred, hence why there's not been an official announcement as of yet.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Not sure that's the way Advertisements work Sean. Adidas don't put people together in Adverts because they know eachother. Adidas are looking for the perfect marketable team, and having guys like Beckham, Messi, Lampard, and now Pietersen makes them massive. They're 4 hugely marketable guys, especially Beckham, so I think in the UK an advert with Beckham and Pietersen would be huge.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not sure that's the way Advertisements work Sean. Adidas don't put people together in Adverts because they know eachother. Adidas are looking for the perfect marketable team, and having guys like Beckham, Messi, Lampard, and now Pietersen makes them massive. They're 4 hugely marketable guys, especially Beckham, so I think in the UK an advert with Beckham and Pietersen would be huge.

Can't imagine Becks strapping on a pair of pads and walking out into the middle in advert, can you? Much like Becks with Jonny Wilkinson a few years ago.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors

Except it'll only make them massive in the UK. Show the ad in a different country and you'll get people going "who the hell is that?" It'd only work if Beckham and KP were there.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
It's really sad to see them leave the contracts there. It used to be trademark bat whenever the stars play with it.

But, yes. Sachin has signed adidas for quite a time, i think. It must be boots or gloves. He has always been with MRF and it's always amazing and you get the feeling that it's made for sachin. ;)

He (Legend, God, Sachin) is a brand ambassador of the RBS Group, in full form, 'Royal Bank Of Scotland Group" and the advertisement is amazing in the last 3-4 seconds. :D..

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
KP is massive in England so Adidas will use him in their English ad campaigns. It's as simple as that.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
KP is massive everywhere.

You've seen the nude snaps then......

Just read a rumour about the Adidas bats, top of the range one is apparently going to cost ?330 :eek: That's ridiculously expensive considering you can buy a Fusion Superbest for ?195, and you'll blatently get a far better bat. Then you'll just be able to buy the Adidas stickers online. Stupidly expensive.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
£330? Ooh goody gumdrops, I may just get it :D That is a bling bling bat, every time I hit a 4, not only does it remind the bowler I'm better it also reminds him I have more cash :D

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
67_kp_280x390_619960a.jpg

First proper pic of the new Adidas Bat. From reading upside down, it looks like it's called the "Pellara". Interesting name, but very nice looking thing, very sexy stickers. From what I can see of the gloves they look pretty sexual as well. Very nice. Opinions?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I like the shape, looks fair decent. Wouldn't pay that cash for it! It'd be cheaper to get a specially made bat!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I wanna see what the helmets look like. One of the reason why I loved Woodworm was because of the big yellow earguards. You could always tell whether Flintoff and Pietersen were on strike with those helmets so I hope Adidas' stand out just as much.

Also, I assume we'll only be able to see that bat properly when we go to India because it'll be blacked out for the Stanford matches won't it?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeh, be far, far cheaper to just buy a decent Fusion Sports bat to your specification and then buy the Adidas stickers from Ebay. Probably get a far better product as well, I'm expecting Adidas to be very much like a Woodworm type company, focusing on selling lots of bats that aren't of great quality as oppossed to selling a smaller number of higher quality goods. They're certainly not going to match Warsop or FusionSports bats anyway.

Also, I assume we'll only be able to see that bat properly when we go to India because it'll be blacked out for the Stanford matches won't it?

Yeh, I expect so, although I'm sure we'll get some official prices and pictures from Adidas in the next few weeks. Cricket companies like to get their stuff out before x-mas to attract the younger generation. I'm sure KP will be using a normal bat in the nets as well, so Cricinfo might get a few pictures once they fly out to Antigua.

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I don't really like the look of it that much. I love the gloves though. :D

Users who are viewing this thread