Planetcricket - About Us Part 8: Cricket 2002

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cricket 2002

With the news that EA Cricket 2002 was going to be released on PC a new part of the BLC Online was announced in the form of Cricket 2002 Online. First revealed in April 2002, the site launched in May and was ran by new BLC Online staff member Sangam and then Ritwik. Its still located at http://blc.sports-gaming.com/c2002. While BLC Online was kept on its toes by other BLC sites, Cricket 2002 Online and the BLC Online forums were defiantly out done by cricket2002.tk which launched in June 2002. The site ran by Vineet Radhakrishnan was packed full of Cricket 2002 downloads of every possible type and the no longer active forums became the busiest Cricket 2002 forums around. The game was released in the UK in September 2002 and patch makers had a whole new game to edit. New editors released include a player editor by Tom Hicks, Statistic editors by Rippon, Save game tweakers by Shailesh and for the first time TV Popups where also edited, something that wasn?t done with Brian Lara Cricket.
Cricket2002.tk also brought two of the best cricket game in the form of the World Cup 2003 Expansion Pack for Cricket 2002 and the County Patch also for Cricket 2002.

The County Patch was a massive 37MB and created by current Planetcricket global moderator Colin/Barmyarmy and forum moderator Andrew Nixon as well as patch team members James Driscoll, Gilly, and Eric. It allowed the County Championship and National League to be played in the game which did not original include county sides. This meant a big job for the team making it who created all 18 county teams and kits as well as Holland and Scotland teams/kits, new faces for players, new Channel 4 TV graphics, new commentary for all teams and players and new menus. A remarkable thing about this patch was that all the new teams where added to the game so no existed national teams were taken out of the game with this patch. Some of the creators of this patch plus other well known people at the cricket2002.tk forums such as Inyian, Garth and Sylvester also created new patches for New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Indian domestic teams.

The second biggest patch released at over 31 MB totally transformed Cricket 2002 for the 2003 World Cup including new kits, stadium graphics, tv graphics, menu screens, teams, umpires, config files and the World Cup played in South Africa/Zimbabwe instead of the game default in England. It even featured the official music of the tournament; although this was probably the worse part of the patch (yes, and the only part made by myself) as the compression to stop the file size from being any higher reduced the quality of the music. But overall the patch was a great collaboration of all patch makers brought together wonderfully by Vineet who also created the excellent new menus, new teams and many other parts of the patch.

The first appearance of Sam was seen with Cricket 2002, who created a tournament editor, new 3D stump models, a camera editor and even a patch to allow Cricket 2002 to be played with a baseball bat and a rugby ball!

Radaga

International Coach
With the news that EA Cricket 2002 was going to be released on PC a new part of the BLC Online was announced in the form of Cricket 2002 Online.

This is when i first found the forums and all the cool downloads :)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
'World Cup 2003' Patch

Ste mentioned a 'World Cup 2003' Patch. Is it still available and where? Also, is this possible for Cricket 2004?

S

sarmad

man..i was not included in this story. I also made my 1st appearance with the 1st ever ten sports tv patch and a couple more for cricket 2002 :(. after that the tv overlay edting started for cricket 2004.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
i kno this is offtopic but at the bottom of my page while browsing there was a add on about this thread......so lol one question is James Driscoll Welsh by any chance?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
punk sk8r said:
i kno this is offtopic but at the bottom of my page while browsing there was a add on about this thread......so lol one question is James Driscoll Welsh by any chance?

He's not. He actually lives very near you!

Users who are viewing this thread