Planetcricket BLIC 95% Complete Version Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

steppie

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
zimrahil said:
Following on from my match Australia v Bangladesh (me) on hard pitch in sunny conditions I can safely confirm that no account of match situation was used as I bowled out the Ozzies for 136 off 40.1 overs

here are the details

cricket20050719233938735ly.jpg

cricket20050719233942483ae.jpg

The fielder called Kepoli was fielding at fine leg at caught 5 ambitious hits

good job ashraful..Ash got 5 wickets.thats the way to go bangladesh....We can do everything.. :D

Lara loves weed

School Cricketer
zim, no disrespect but sounds like ur not a fan of blic at all!!

and guys it is a demo version essentially, so im confident all bugs will be fixed as promised by rubber....he would not lie he hasnt at all on this forum

mareen

Club Cricketer
Aldeco said:
Ive read your review and after reading it does not sound all that fantastic to me at all ill give it a go though when it comes out .

just looked at pics not very impresive really some of the players look good but daniel vettori looks what can I say????

did he look like alien :D :eek: :D

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
Lara loves weed said:

and guys it is a demo version essentially, so im confident all bugs will be fixed as promised by rubber....he would not lie he hasnt at all on this forum
He is the person who made wonders for Brian lara cricket99.

Hero

Club Captain
Nice review zim,still we can hope that many issues which are pointed out by you will be fixed in final version.There is also hope,that there will be patches unlike Ea Sports to fix the different isssues.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I don't think I'm going to let this review affect my decision to buy the game especially since the review copy was made around the same time as the demo. But still a very thorough review, thanks.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can't wait to get it on Thursday. Then I can throw Cricket 2005 out of the window and my pet rabbit can eat it.

The best game of the summer released TOMORROW!

squiz

International Coach
Correction! ICC 2005 is the best game of the summer being released :) And what's wrong with Cricket 2005?

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
mines on its way down to australia now, email said its been dispatched.

if the full version u got is just the demo code then i aint 2 worried, im sure minor things like ball speed and bowling metre will have been changed. as for the difficulty though....hmm looks as if some configeration will have to be done on the AI. Zim, you managed to figure out any useful info with a fullish version inregards to patchmakin? thnx for the patch mate

nikhil_99

International Coach
i think EA Cricket 2005 is beeter overall ...though there are few intersting features with BLC .....the overall feel to game is not that good....as CPU plays each and every balll means even a good ball is payed and could be scored (not all time if it is a defence shot...but there are other shots if he is playing to each ball)!!...EA's graphics are good...not doubt... Even Sachin Tendulkar looks pathetic (compared to Cricket 2004)...that (BLC) sure would have seen Cricket 2004 and must have tried to make a better game comapred to Cricket 2004....but even then his face was much better ...

Both games have bugs no doubt.....

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Lara loves weed said:

I think most people have a great deal of respect for Zim's opinions, he has plenty of experience of playing cricket games and in my opinon has given a fair and honest review of the version that he was given. It is not about being a fan or not, it is about reporting what he see's in the game and he has done a very good job of doing that.

squiz said:
And what's wrong with Cricket 2005?

Undoubtedly Cricket 2005 is a good game and has been improved from Cricket 2004, however after playing it now for 3 weeks I find unforgiveable that the developers still have not corrected some of the bugs from Cricket 2004. Also whilist bowling is very good it is far to easy to restrict teams to modest ODI scores (on hard level) by bowling a consistent line and length ie am able to restrict teams like Australia and England to 150/160.

brad352

Executive member
Lara loves weed said:

Blind faith gets you nowhere... how much evidence do you need? And it sounds like he's not a fan because he's not a Codies fanboy, hearing the truth does tend to shatter high expectations

Last edited:

blahblah

School Cricketer
I can't believe there are no camera angle options!! Surely the final version has them. How are you supposed to feel like you are batting unless you can bat with the batsman's perspective?! That's very unrealistic and takes the fun out of batting. In the '99 version I only ever batted with the reverse angle so I could see exactly where the ball was pitching and play it like a batsman would. It made putting on a big score much more satisfying, as I was right in the action instead of viewing it from behind the bowler's arm. This was especially important with yorkers as you couldn't tell exactly where the ball was pitching with the behind-the-bowler camera and could often get bowled by misjudging the length. I think this is the one feature that would stop me buying the game.

Daxter20

School Cricketer
I have no respect for this zims review. It is Bull. He moans and moans about pointless ****. I am not going to let this guy affect my decison to buy the best cricket game ever. Zim ever wondered ehy you dont review games for a job? Coz ur crap at it. go ask the PROFFESIONAL REVIEWERS who make a living out of reviewing about which is better. They will say BLIC hands down. official playstation mag gives BLIC 8/10 and states it is most definitely the best cricket game on ps2. No disrepect but you talk ****. Stop dissing this game and enjoy it. BLIC rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread