Planetcricket BLIC 95% Complete Version Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

JANER

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
SkateBoarder2 said:
The sound when the ball hits the bat on BLIC 2005 is way better.
Wow let's just buy the game on this alone :rolleyes:
Very good review btw
I won't be buying BLIC as EA 2005 has really hit home for me.
I prefer simulation over arcade in any game I play.

Daxter20 said:
I have no respect for this zims review. It is Bull. He moans and moans about pointless ****. I am not going to let this guy affect my decison to buy the best cricket game ever. Zim ever wondered ehy you dont review games for a job? Coz ur crap at it. go ask the PROFFESIONAL REVIEWERS who make a living out of reviewing about which is better. They will say BLIC hands down. official playstation mag gives BLIC 8/10 and states it is most definitely the best cricket game on ps2. No disrepect but you talk ****. Stop dissing this game and enjoy it. BLIC rocks.
lol at the fanboy.
The reviewer viewed this as a game, not as a EA or Codies fanboy.
Now grow up lad.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
SkateBoarder2 said:
Juse use the defence shot or the power shot then!
I can use defence shot or power shot but the i cannot pick a place to hit the shot. The CPU will decisde which shot it has to play. I just have to press a button.

BLIC is the best arcade cricket game ever. I will agree to that.

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
Actually you can hit the ball where you want, you have to time it properly. I was able to hit through cover, wide midoff and in coverpoint region.

Well, Zim review about BLIC is little harsh.

I mean the 3rd umpire giving decision late or early it doesn't matter to me.

Batting strokes not able to hit in right direction, well you can do it but if you are used to EA cricket then it will take some practise.

Off spinners bowling doosra, well giles bowling that and murali or harbajan bowling will be different I am sure.

No auto play - everyone knows that. Fielders taking catch too low in infield.

Statistics graph in negatives and no hawkeye in positives why?

Some good default field settings in positives and some poor field setting which gives scoring apportunites.

Having said that, he also has mentioned some valid points. I not telling that the review is biased but it appears from the review that he favours cricket 2005.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ankit kukreti said:
Having said that, he also has mentioned some valid points. I not telling that the review is biased but it appears from the review that he favours cricket 2005.

I have never played Cricket 2005

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Ankit kukreti said:
Actually you can hit the ball where you want, you have to time it properly. I was able to hit through cover, wide midoff and in coverpoint region.

Well, Zim review about BLIC is little harsh.

I mean the 3rd umpire giving decision late or early it doesn't matter to me.

Batting strokes not able to hit in right direction, well you can do it but if you are used to EA cricket then it will take some practise.

Off spinners bowling doosra, well giles bowling that and murali or harbajan bowling will be different I am sure.

No auto play - everyone knows that. Fielders taking catch too low in infield.

Statistics graph in negatives and no hawkeye in positives why?

Some good default field settings in positives and some poor field setting which gives scoring apportunites.

Ankit tell me one thing, will BLIC give me an option to play front foot or back foot shot? No. it won't. I may want to play a back foot shot but the CPU will play front foot shot and vice versa. I cannot control the batsman as I can do in C2K5. Thats my whole point. In BLIC while batting you will always be at the CPU's mercy.

jonah

International Coach
rahulk666 said:
Ankit tell me one thing, will BLIC give me an option to play front foot or back foot shot? No. it won't. I may want to play a back foot shot but the CPU will play front foot shot and vice versa. I cannot control the batsman as I can do in C2K5. Thats my whole point. In BLIC while batting you will always be at the CPU's mercy.
Totally agree there rahul. This is one of the biggest let-downs of BLIC, not having a choice of front/backfoot shots, (along with the speed, lack of stats/graphs, camera angles flitting to-and-fro etc etc).

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
Ankit kukreti said:
Look at his avatar.He was the one who made the best AI patches for BLC99.

Every point in the review given by zimrahil is absolutely correct.

rahulk666 said:
Whats this? even BLC99 had no back/front foots foots .But it was a huge hit and loved by everyone.
But yes in this version the CPU will auto adjust the shots a lot i.e.if u want to play legside ,just press legside arrow button and press normal or six hit button then the CPU will automatically decide to play a hook shot or ondrive shot or legglance depending on the length automatically.So u dont even need to bother to press the correct arrow directions.May be the developer liked this type of play.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Mahesh Babu said:
Look at his avatar.He was the one who made the best AI patches for BLC99.

Every point in the review given by zimrahil is absolutely correct.

Whats this? even BLC99 had no back/front foots foots .But it was a huge hit and loved by everyone.
But yes in this version the CPU will auto adjust the shots a lot i.e.if u want to play legside ,just press legside arrow button and press normal or six hit button then the CPU will automatically decide to play a hook shot or ondrive shot or legglance depending on the length automatically.So u dont even need to bother to press the correct arrow directions.May be the developer liked this type of play.
When DOS 6.1 was released it did not have any GUI. Now if Microsoft comes with a revised DOS version with no GUI will you buy it?? What kind of argument is that? BLC99 was the one and only cricket game available in 1999 and hence it was a hit. C2K2, C2k4 and C2k5 came later and added the front/back foot shot ability. They have set a benchmark in batting so to speak. Surely codies had enough time from 1999 to 2005 to add the front/back shot selection ability.

kelvinismyname

Club Cricketer
well i got the game today {100% game} i only played it for 6 hours b4 going back to eacricket 2005...
Zim said everthing that i would have said but to add some more....

batting is Fun but totally not realistic . from the moment i loaded a match i hit sixes and fours. non-- stop..
in a 50 over match Austriala vs india(me) i made 406..but it looked as if austriala would have passed that cuz they too were hitting sixes and fours every ball......maybe becuz it was on medium diffuculty and i didnt know how to keep a good line......

as for the rest of the game...........
all i have to say is bla bla bla.........bla. {too busy to write}

final rating after 6.3 hours of playing it

Graphics 6{ (7 or 8 )when u play the icc trophy matches with the real player faces}
Gameplay 10 {if u have never played/watched a real cricket match over the last 4 months}
Gameplay 4{ if u managed to sit through 5 days of a real life test match and still felt the match ended too quickly}
sound 6 { Good overall but commentary can and should have been better}

Overall- rating 5 ........{ cuz i truly know and have seen what a cricket match is)
Overall- rating 8 { this game makes me feel like a pro compared to when i use to play cricket at school......its fun ......at first )

all ratings are given out of a maxium score of 10

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Nice review Zim. I'll wait for a few more reviews on the full game before buying this one. At least with C2k5 we knew they wouldn't take off layers they had added already. BLIC is making an entrance back into the market after 6 years, so they may be having some teething problems. Having said that, if this game sucks I would appreciate it if all the BLIC wannabes don't cling on to tiny little details that are good in the game. Thanks. :)

rahulk666

International Cricketer
sohummisra said:
Nice review Zim. I'll wait for a few more reviews on the full game before buying this one. At least with C2k5 we knew they wouldn't take off layers they had added already. BLIC is making an entrance back into the market after 6 years, so they may be having some teething problems. Having said that, if this game sucks I would appreciate it if all the BLIC wannabes don't cling on to tiny little details that are good in the game. Thanks. :)
I seriously think BLIC was overhyped, partly due to the reason that BLC99 was such a big hit. I think BLIC will also do well only in casual cricket gamer section. BLIC has a great chance to improve. I hope they don't wait another six years to release the next version.

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
zimrahil said:
I have never played Cricket 2005

LOl. I assumed that you did play cricket 2005, when you wrote that you were used to back/front foot shot of EA cricket and the direction of hitting the ball in BLIC is difficult.

I think BLIC will still be better than cricket 2005. I will attract both causual as well as serious cricket fans. From the reviews batting seems to be easy. People are still compaining about froint/backfoot shot, which I don't think is necessary, surely you wont be playing front foot for a short of length ball, but having that feature would be nice.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ankit kukreti said:
People are still compaining about froint/backfoot shot, which I don't think is necessary, surely you wont be playing front foot for a short of length ball, but having that feature would be nice.

The point is that with EA's cricket games (I have obviously played 2002 and 2004) you know before hand EXACTLY what stroke is going to be played whether its a good choice or not.
With BLIC I found I pressed a direction not always being certain what stroke would be selected for me, so I feel it takes away some of the control from the user.
I like selecting for certain the stroke I want to play, meaning I have only myself to blame if it doesn't work out.

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
Yes, the problem that I have is that. I am not able to play cut shot, late cut when I want. All other shot I can manage to play little late, or soon to place it.

M

martyn

There should ideally be some flexibility of strokes to cater for variation in bounce and movement off the pitch and also to reflect the fact that some cricketers play different strokes to others. I don't have a problem with selecting the direction and power of the stroke and letting the AI select the exact stroke - what I do dislike about the BLIC demo is that the computer AI is able to hit sixes over fine leg and third man so easily. ZImrahil, did you see if this was happening in the version you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread