Player Card Tweet II (with Beard)

Whitesky94

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No.

I will let everyone know when it finishes testing, then it will release the day after that. They guys are running a huge matrix of machines and graphic card combos to make sure everything is ok.

Ok thanks ross. Ill try contain my excitement

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Yes I am sure Ross has said there will be.

A DRS system would be hard to implement. One would think that therefore the umpire would have to get one wrong once in a while, and it is common that when implementing something like this the ratio can be weighted too much either way. It will be a great feature, however lets hope it does not become a feature we loathe.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A DRS system would be hard to implement. One would think that therefore the umpire would have to get one wrong once in a while, and it is common that when implementing something like this the ratio can be weighted too much either way. It will be a great feature, however lets hope it does not become a feature we loathe.

I wouldn't mind copping a howler once in a while and putting my private jet on standby in career mode ;) Howlers are part and parcel of the game and would be a nice addition, just like DRS & D/L system.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I wouldn't mind copping a howler once in a while and putting my private jet on standby in career mode ;)

:D

Howlers are part and parcel of the game and would be a nice addition, just like DRS & D/L system.

I definitely agree with this, however I just hope howlers would not be too frequent, otherwise they would take away from the game.

Another query which may or may not have been raised with the DRS, what happens with India? If they continue to say no to the DRS system will any games involving them exclude DRS?

And also, in career mode, if managing a country, can you deny the DRS? And would you be involved in ICC meetings? That may be quite deep, but it would increase the realistic nature and longevity. The best career mode I've played is from the NBA 2K series, and one of my favourite aspects is the meetings and press conferences as it increases the realism of the game. Just a couple of my thoughts, hope they are easy to understand.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Another query which may or may not have been raised with the DRS, what happens with India? If they continue to say no to the DRS system will any games involving them exclude DRS?

And also, in career mode, if managing a country, can you deny the DRS? And would you be involved in ICC meetings? That may be quite deep, but it would increase the realistic nature and longevity. The best career mode I've played is from the NBA 2K series, and one of my favourite aspects is the meetings and press conferences as it increases the realism of the game. Just a couple of my thoughts, hope they are easy to understand.
Optimally, the DRS would be something that can be toggled on or off in the Options menu.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
:D

I definitely agree with this, however I just hope howlers would not be too frequent, otherwise they would take away from the game.

IMO DRS could be turned on/off. Regarding the career mode, don't think it would be as exhaustive as NBA 2K, Madden, FIFA etc. Those games have multi-million dollar budgets and are in their nth iteration. This would be Big Ant's 1st shot at the game and in case they do well, they should expand on it in future iterations but at the moment it would be unfair to expect too much.

As far as I'm concerned if Big Ant (or Ashes 2013 for that matter) nail the gameplay, I would be more than satisfied.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
^You are spot on. A game with a mediocre gameplay and plethora of additional stuff like carrier mode for instance, will not be up hardcore PCers alley. Most would prefer it to be otherwise imho.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
^You are spot on. A game with a mediocre gameplay and plethora of additional stuff like carrier mode for instance, will not be up hardcore PCers alley. Most would prefer it to be otherwise imho.

I (and I am assuming most of cricket gaming fans) can live without licenses, a limited career mode, gimmicks like cheerleaders etc. but a rock solid gameplay & AI are a must have. All the bells and whistles can be easily added in future iterations but unless you have a core gameplay engine which is good, none of it will matter.

To me core gameplay is akin to foundation of the game. Without a solid foundation, no matter how pretty the building looks it will fall. For once I feel we have developers (Big Ant/Ross) who get that. I would rather play a game with solid gameplay and players called "Dhobi" & "Tenhukker" than have a game with glitchy and dubious AI with all the licenses.

D

Dutch

I (and I am assuming most of cricket gaming fans) can live without licenses, a limited career mode, gimmicks like cheerleaders etc. but a rock solid gameplay & AI are a must have. All the bells and whistles can be easily added in future iterations but unless you have a core gameplay engine which is good, none of it will matter.

To me core gameplay is akin to foundation of the game. Without a solid foundation, no matter how pretty the building looks it will fall. For once I feel we have developers (Big Ant/Ross) who get that. I would rather play a game with solid gameplay and players called "Dhobi" & "Tenhukker" than have a game with glitchy and dubious AI with all the licenses.

Absolutely agree with this. There are many talented people who can patch graphics if needed, but things stand and fall with gameplay and AI resistance....

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

Great read man, I bet most of us feel the same as you do.
Just don't forget the casual cricket fans, not everyone
Wants editors and career modes, they just want to play
For a hour with there favorite team, fully licensed.

To Ross, would you say your game is more a sim or arcade,
Or best of both worlds.

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa

Yes, spot on, need a great foundation. It's like building a good innings. If the top order fails, it's harder to construct a winning score. Get it done right the first time so there's no need to fix it in the next game.

Great read man, I bet most of us feel the same as you do.
Just don't forget the casual cricket fans, not everyone
Wants editors and career modes, they just want to play
For a hour with there favorite team, fully licensed.

To Ross, would you say your game is more a sim or arcade,
Or best of both worlds.

Agreed, casual fans would prefer licensing. The only advice I can give to Ross and Big Ant is that if there isn't a great deal of licensing in this game, make sure that the casual game knows about the "team sharing" feature (through advertising/marketing). This will save them the hassle of editing their default squads making the game more appealing to them.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

True but great gameplay and no depth to game is not much better (not everyone can/wants to play online all the time etc)

Users who are viewing this thread