MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
So a Top Trumps mini-game in the Cricket Academy beta then?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So a Top Trumps mini-game in the Cricket Academy beta then?

+2 to run rate
+4 to stamina
-2 from on-field streaker interruption ability

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Why is this player wearing this jersey? This is the same that was shown in the Cricket Academy trailer. Are you keeping the kits you've made under wraps until you release the Beta?

D

Dutch

Why is this player wearing this jersey? This is the same that was shown in the Cricket Academy trailer. Are you keeping the kits you've made under wraps until you release the Beta?

Unfortunately all development money was spent on sunglass techniques meaning all players would need to share the same rented jersey kindly donated by Oxfam. However I am lead to believe that the Salvation Army and Doctors Without Borders will also be donating jerseys for the game. I was surprised to read none of this on the BBC site: only trivial stuff about death, popes, war and famine.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Unfortunately all development money was spent on sunglass techniques meaning all players would need to share the same rented jersey kindly donated by Oxfam. However I am lead to believe that the Salvation Army and Doctors Without Borders will also be donating jerseys for the game. I was surprised to read none of this on the BBC site: only trivial stuff about death, popes, war and famine.

Non "super regulars" here would probably get a warning for sarcasm like that.
He only asked a question dude!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow looks great. Is the cricket card border an option or just sonethin u put together,

It's automatically created when you choose to send your player to FaceBook or Twitter.

----------

It's the default uniform while we are testing.

----------

Is this taken from a static image (ie, like a Facebook-style applicaiton) or a proper 3D generated player that would be in the game?

The process for this card was that we created a player (3D Model) using the Cricket Academy and then selected an option to send the player to Twitter and the card was then automatically rendered to Twitter. There is an option to send the card to FaceBook also.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Will you release the cricket academy with all the bells and whistles (except tournaments and match editors)? I am specially curious about whether we will be able to edit kits including bats. And will you be adding more equipments and options to the beta version or will the equpiments and kits are all there will be in the full game?

D

Dutch

Non "super regulars" here would probably get a warning for sarcasm like that.
He only asked a question dude!

I didnt know sarcasm was an offence! Plus it was just a bit of fun. Plus some people ask some very specific questions here.....like, what will the average sock height be etcetera.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The process for this card was that we created a player (3D Model) using the Cricket Academy and then selected an option to send the player to Twitter and the card was then automatically rendered to Twitter. There is an option to send the card to FaceBook also.

Right, okay. That makes sense... I'm guessing the "Cricket Academy" will eventually talk to the main game, whatever it's called, so this is just for PC-Based players to pre-create teams/players/rosters? The "share" option is a nice new-media integration idea, it's a cute gimmick, but I like that sort of thing...

Last edited:

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Right, okay. That makes sense... I'm guessing the "Cricket Academy" will eventually talk to the main game, whatever it's called, so this is just for PC-Based players to pre-create teams/players/rosters? The "share" option is a nice new-media integration idea, it's a cute gimmick, but I like that sort of thing...

If i am not wrong then i believe the share option also lets you upload your created players and teams on some online community which then lets others to download that player or team in addition to just posting player cards on twitter/facebook.

And yes any team/players we create or download will import over to the real game when it releases. At least That is the idea.

And the beta will be PC based only but the ps3 and xbox will have the same thing in the full release. Now whether created players or teams can be shared on multiple platforms is something they havent announced yet, but i hope we can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread