Player Management & 'Rest'

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But then again, Pandya won't be playing all games. Plus, you forget the fact that current Indian players require rest after just playing 2-3 games. Pandya would be expected to step up and captain a few matches- possibly v Afghanistan, Netherlands, etc. He wouldn't complain under such circumstances. Add to the fact that some games are in Ahmedabad- he would be expecting to e treated as MSD is, in Chennai!

Edit: He isnt the official vice-captain for the CWC, but I am expecting India to field no less than 4 captains for this mega-Cup

Rohit: Aus Eng, Pak
KLR: NZ, SA
Pandya: Afg, Ned
Bumrah: Ban, Srl

Get ready for some idiotic rotations today. Fully expecting them to rest Kohli and Rohit for the game.

From what I hear, Dravid & Co all set to make changes for the last game. Bumrah, Hardik, Rohit/ Kohli to be rested. Jack-A**es-the lot of them

I get the dead-rubber nature. But, haven't we seen enough changes?

Furthermore, when the Coach and his Asisstant come out stating that they neevr intended to make changes, why are they making them now? Are our players so rest-deprived that they need to be rested? If one is in good knick, I'd rather continue playing them. By contrast, for meaningless IPL league games, the very same players will turn up day in and day out and never complain that their bodies need rest.

Rohit & Virat have been adequately rested in the lead up to the last game. All games we have played have been rain-affected. This too gives a bit of time to the players to recuperate. In the case of Bumrah, I am at a loss of words.
Post automatically merged:

That's my fear actually. They will perhaps use the same ploy during the World Cup too. In the past, we havent had these sweeping changes -Okay, the era of Ganguly and Dhoni's didnt see chop and change. Dravid- yes, he was known for it. In the recent past too, Shastri and Kohli played a settled line-up, with perhaps the exception of the dreaded Number 4.

The idiots have done it again. Rohit Virat Hardik rested. Bumrah, apparently is playing. And KLR as captain- I know that I won't be watching.

Peace out!

Bumrah remark was in jest , mate. I should start adding emojis to my jest remarks, I feel. If you are going to rest your top players after every 2nd game, escapes me how they didn't give him more rest. Hence, my comment.

On a serious note though- it doesn't make sense to rest Kohli to such a large extent. He has hardly gotten any match practice-bar that century vs Pakistan. I read somewhere that Ben Stokes has played more games since his return than Virat has ,this year.

Lastly, the naming of KLR as captain- defies all logic,(not cause I dislike him as captain) but cause of the fact that KLR has proven to be a bad option. Comes the questions- who next? You had Bumrah do these duties recently, get him to do it again. The continued preference for KLR from Dravid's end is pretty clear. A couple of heavy losses and KLR's form goes for a toss. We all know how badly he does when thrusted with the pressure of captaincy.

As for Dravid making the changes, it is apparent that there is a bit of favoritism in the side currently. The other sides you've mentioned have had their World Cup 15 play together before. They have had enough game time(with perhaps the exception of a couple of persons). England is playin Ireland, so could be less bothered in terms of who will play.

With India, the alarming frequency with which Rohit, Kohli have been rested is now borderline ridiculous. Yes, we have played series just before World Cups in the past. The point there being to ensure that the team gels together and has enough game time. In 2015 & 2019, we played the tri-series and a 5 match ODI. I do not recollect the Indian captain being rested for those games. Neither do I recollect the top players bein rested. Pundits claim this is being done to give rest, given that the players will be traversing the length and breadth of India. However, these very parameters were in place in 2019 and even 2015. Pundits also claiming that Dravid is building a team for the future- it just isn't the right time to do so. Is it likely that Rohit/ Virat are quitting cricket after the World Cup? No! Hence, we do not need these changes, at this stage.

Ha ha! Gill deserves the rest, mate! He has been playing non stop, so has Hardik. My grouse was against resting those who have had plenty of rest in the elad up to the Aus series-Rohit, Bumrah and Virat( which as many are pointing out,seems to be a conspiracy)

Anyhow, as I mentioned previously, the constant changing and chopping has taken away an element of fun from viewing. Might directly tune into the World Cup now.

Here’s just a few occasions that I’ve found where Rohit gets berated for resting by you @icyman . :D

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
2021 was more than two years ago, under a different coach and captain entirely. Why would even bring that up now randomly?
Oh my bad! I didn't know we can't talk about the past. The thread isn't something related to current events only. One is well within their rights to bring up past events to justify. Guess, it doesn't apply to everyone

You just complained that he didn’t play in a rather meaningless white ball series post a long WC so I’m not sure where he gets those longish breaks in your universe since you’re on his back in particular everytime he doesn’t play.

Meaningless ODI series -he still got a break, didnt he? It was a pretty long one tbh. Basic maths, mate!

Tbh, I feel you are challenged and don't intend to cede yourself. Hence, the above baseless assumption.
If you’re actually being ‘generic’ as you claim… then why not mention Siraj who got rested in the second test?

Please run the stats and figure out how much he has played. Siraj deserved that rest based off the cricket he has played- certainly more than Bumrah.
Post automatically merged:

Here’s just a few occasions that I’ve found where Rohit gets berated for resting by you @icyman . :D
Claps for you, mate!

Wonderful use of time here, admittedly, I don't have the luxury. Cheers!

Bevab

Staff Member
Oh my bad! I didn't know we can't talk about the past. The thread isn't something related to current events only. One is well within their rights to bring up past events to justify. Guess, it doesn't apply to everyone

Meaningless ODI series -he still got a break, didnt he? It was a pretty long one tbh. Basic maths, mate!

Tbh, I feel you are challenged and don't intend to cede yourself. Hence, the above baseless assumption.

Please run the stats and figure out how much he has played. Siraj deserved that rest based off the cricket he has played- certainly more than Bumrah.

You’re free to bring up past events as you wish but they would have no relevance to the current regime or current events at all. You might as well bring up Dhoni or Ganguly’s captaincy for scrutiny since they have equal relevance in this instance.

So Siraj has bowled 383 overs since the last year in international cricket. Certainly more than Bumrah who’s got 266 overs in comparison. However Bumrah’s only bowled since August of last year which means he’s bowled more overs per innings in this timeframe and that checks out; Siraj has 8.7 overs per innings and Bumrah has 9.8 overs per innings.

So let’s compare from the point where Bumrah started playing for India again; Bumrah’s got nearly sixty more overs than Siraj since then despite him resting on multiple occasions as you claim. Add that to Bumrah having an unconventional bowling action that is more stressful on anyone’s body, him bowling much quicker and quicker bowlers tending to be more fragile in general, India not having a replacement for him in any format now that Prasidh has proved to be a dud and yeah… I think Bumrah should be rested if the management feels he should be. For the record, I’m not against Siraj being rested either; I brought that up because you claim that this is a generic debate but you’ve hung on the same bloke for over a year at this point. Not sure I can add anything more beyond this other than…

At this point I just assume you’d prefer Bumrah to bowl at 60% in 100% of the games he plays rather than 100% in 60% of the games he plays and also have an increased risk of injury. @icyman

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I am not getting into anything further here. You are free to make own inferences! By merely bringing up things as and when you please in rather page-longish essays+ letting the other know that similar points raised don't have value, don't make for good debates! Peace out!

Bevab

Staff Member
I am not getting into anything further here. You are free to make own inferences! By merely bringing up things as and when you please in rather page-longish essays+ letting the other know that similar points raised don't have value, don't make for good debates! Peace out!

I’m yet to see you raise an actual counterpoint to anything anyone has said here other than launch attacks that have been veering on the personal edge and repeat the same points you’ve originally made ad nauseam in the hope that the other person tires out and gives in because they don’t want to repeat what they’ve already said on multiple occasions.

A bit of a shame since your original point is fairly important and one that merits further discussion as I did say in my very first post here.

Just for good measure and to keep the discussion on topic, I did look up the number of overs bowled by pacers in international cricket since Bumrah’s return and he’s second only to Hazlewood although I’m sure his overs per innings will be lesser than some pacers below him.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
As you deem fit @Bevab ! I feel I haven't made any personal attacks on you or anyone else here!

I have already provided my reasons why I do not wish to engage further on this thread. Feel free to keep it open/shut it, as you deem fit. I am open to discussing any other pointers you may have in my DM.

Cheers!

Bevab

Staff Member

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
8gs0vj.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread