Player of the Tournament

baburao

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
you really havent been watching the matches have you?

umar gul is also a contender cos his late over bowling is what got pakistan into this final by the way

Shahid Afridi tops Player of the Tournament table ahead of ICC World Twenty20 final

http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-media/content/story/312164.html

I am not here to name all those players who are the contenders.I have named who i thought are the strong contenders.And that doesnt mean that i havent been watching all the matches you kid.:rolleyes: You are really funny.But i know how to handle guys like u.

Last edited:

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Yuvraj most defiantly for me.
He is certainly the one to get rid of in the final tommorrow from a Pakistan point of view.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just saw in that link, Hayden has scored 260+ runs in this tournament. Unless someone beats that score tomorrow, i feel now, Hayden should be rewarded for his efforts.

This reminds me Zulu getting MOTS in 99 WC and Tendulkar not getting MOTS in 96 WCup. :)

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
They don't decide MOTS by how many runs/wickets a player has scored/taken. It is decided by how many MoM awards a player has received. The 1st MoM gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2 points, and the 3rd gets 1 point. So they add up those points and the one with more points wins the MOTS award.

note: MOTS = Man Of The Series ; MoM = Man of the Match.

Here are the standings till now:
www.icc-cricket.com said:
Player Points
Shahid Afridi (Pak) 7
Stuart Clark (Aus) 6
Sanath Jayasuriya (SL) 6
Morne Morkel (SA) 6
Yuvraj Singh (Ind) 6
Matthew Hayden (Aus) 5
Brett Lee (Aus) 5
Craig McMillan (NZ) 5
Misbah-ul-Haq (Pak) 5
Younus Khan (Pak) 5

Nathan Bracken (Aus) 4
Dilhara Fernando (SL) 4
Shoaib Malik (Pak) 4

Last edited:

irottev

School Cricketer
Daniel Vettori for me. Best economy rate and second highest wicket taker. Afridi was almost as good, but I feel he got more wickets from batsmen holing out in the deep. And there is the biased element.

Whichever out of Afridi and Yuvraj ends up being the better in the final will probably get it. I'd favor Afridi because the bowler is udner so much more pressure.

kookaburra69

International Coach
Originally Posted by www.icc-cricket.com
Player Points
Shahid Afridi (Pak) 7
Stuart Clark (Aus) 6
Sanath Jayasuriya (SL) 6
Morne Morkel (SA) 6
Yuvraj Singh (Ind) 6
Matthew Hayden (Aus) 5
Brett Lee (Aus) 5
Craig McMillan (NZ) 5
Misbah-ul-Haq (Pak) 5
Younus Khan (Pak) 5
Nathan Bracken (Aus) 4
Dilhara Fernando (SL) 4
Shoaib Malik (Pak) 4

Where is Danny Vettori on that list!:eek:
One of the highest wicket takers and has won about 3 matchs for NZ on his own.

irottev

School Cricketer
There is a good mix of Bowlers and batsman on there. Which is a good sign.

There are missing names and some on there which don't deserve to be. Namely half the Aussie bowlers on there. Clark deserves being there, the rest don't.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I'm not all that sure about Shahid Afridi on MotM record, I've seen maybe one and a half really big performances from him, so for almost every other game he must have polled 1s.

I can understand if Yuvraj only has scored from a couple of matches, but Hayden scored 4 fifties to get 5 votes. He will probably be top scorer for the tournament and no hope for MotS.

irottev

School Cricketer
I think if Australia had won more matches it would make him more favored. You kind of get the feeling, it's going to be Afridi or Yuvraj since they're in the final.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
I think if Australia had won more matches it would make him more favored. You kind of get the feeling, it's going to be Afridi or Yuvraj since they're in the final.

Yeah it will be.
Strange Mohammed Asif isn't apart of that list since he did play his part in this tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread