Your Cricket Playing the wristy flick shot

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ Once you try it you'll start to get the hang of it. Just make sure it doesn't start to be a dominate part of your game, thats when you should start to tone things down.

Just take the advice :p I got waaaayyyyy to cocky last season.

blake

School Cricketer
Leg glance is my money for jam shot, although it's not really a flick. Occasionally I flick it but normally when it is straight or on offstump I drive it down the ground, particularly early in the innings.

Is it a bad habit for me now as an opening batsman to be driving early? I used to be a very defensive batsman, would leave almost everything early and block the ones on the stumps but I have taken a more aggressive approach and in recent times early in my innings I have been hitting off drives off full balls, hitting them down the ground and the likes. Normally they just go straight to a fielder but I'm timing them well generally and haven't gotten out.

Well, the season ended like 2 months ago but this is what I was doing. Driving early.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Nothing wrong with it. If the ball is moving around, be careful, maybe eliminate driving outside off, drive on off, flick from middle to leg.

Having an aggressive opener is a good thing anyway.

blake

School Cricketer
I'm the only bat in my normal team that can handle swing bowling, the others get bowled around their legs and they are challenged by good bowling.

So where does that leave me? No 1, opening batting, every game.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Is it a bad habit for me now as an opening batsman to be driving early? I used to be a very defensive batsman, would leave almost everything early and block the ones on the stumps but I have taken a more aggressive approach and in recent times early in my innings I have been hitting off drives off full balls, hitting them down the ground and the likes. Normally they just go straight to a fielder but I'm timing them well generally and haven't gotten out.
I don't reckon it's a bad thing. Shows confidence, and gets you going right from the start.

Just don't miss a straight one!

TumTum

International Cricketer
I used to be like you blake, just drive anything straight and somethimes leg glance.

But leg glances are rare shots, usually hard to play because you might get a leading edge and doesn't get you many runs anway. So I just play the on-drive instead of the leg glance.

But with the wristy flick, you have more options and safety if you know how to play it properly. I have been studying Sachin Tendulkar's technique and I think I have figured out the proper way to play it.

1- Get your wrists and head in line with the ball. (wrists behind the ball with your head being slighty into the off-side)
2- Raise your left arm high and get the bat perfectly vertical showing the full face of the bat.
3- Wait for the ball to hit your bat. (Don't push at the ball)
4- Just as the ball hits the bat, twists your wrist to point the bat upwards. But keep the wrists in exactly the same position as before.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
its not that hard to play a reverse sweep, it helps a lot if you have a light bat not those heavy blocks of wood with "TON" markings on them.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Reading all these posts has made me sad. It has been long since I have played any sort of cricket :(

TumTum

International Cricketer
I just recorder myself batting in my back yard and I don't mean to brag.... but holy fling I am so awesome!!!! I never expected myself to be this good, I was always under the impression that I sucked :banana2 :banana2 :banana2

Might put up the video on the net soon, I feel so good right now :)

Users who are viewing this thread