Pocket Cricket

How would you rate Pocket Cricket.net out of 10?

• 1 out of 10

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 2 out of 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 out of 10

• 4 out of 10

• 5 out of 10

• 6 out of 10

• 7 out of 10

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 8 out of 10

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 9 out of 10

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 10 out of 10

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

sobeydee

School Cricketer
Has anyone seen the South African made pocket cricket.net? Pocket Cricket

I think it is one of the greatest cricket games available and I am surprised that there are discussions about it (well at least none that I can find). Please check it out and let me know what you think?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, it's asking me to signup even before I've had a look at any demo/gameplay. That's a big turn off for me.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Well, it's asking me to signup even before I've had a look at any demo/gameplay. That's a big turn off for me.
It's just how Howzzat and different other online games used to work earlier. No demo or anything, just a deifferent type of online game! :)

The game is pretty nice and simple.:thumbs

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Well, I ain't going through the trouble of registering just to see how the game is or at least there should have been a Facebook login available.

sobeydee

School Cricketer
Well, I ain't going through the trouble of registering just to see how the game is or at least there should have been a Facebook login available.

Yes it's a game by a small developer. It;s entirely based online. I tried to contact them and I got a response saying they had run out of money to develop this further. I have played Howzat Cricket and was very disappointed when they started asking for money for not much more content that is worth while.

I am hoping this will always just be a free game by cricket fanatics.
I really like the way you can rebuild an innings after a collapse and that you can't just go after any shot. You have to be selective. Much more realistic.

Will be good to hear what others think!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Well, I take back what I said. In the quest to pass time, I decided to sign up and have a go at this game.

Initially, it was a bit difficult to score. I couldn't even cross 80-90 after 10-12 attempts. Then gradually I started to realize how it really works. Choosing the correct shot and zone for a delivery ensures maximum timing window.

Needless to say I got hooked to it and am currently into round 28 of the 50-over tournament. It is a well thought out game and it's unfortunate that the development has come to a halt. I'd have loved to suggest/give feedback to them on this.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
This game is EPIC! It well thought and the gameplay is amazing, kudos to the developer. It's actually more fun that all the EA cricket games.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Will try it out soon :cheers

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
@sobeydee has not visited the forum since 17th March but in case you visit again, I would like you to know that your game is throwing in an error (see image) when I try and select a country.

Error.png

laxsidd

Club Captain
Looks interesting.. Will try this out asap..
Enjoyed playing Rufus Ant cricket at lot (continue to do so)
Look forward to a similar experience here.

Tried it now.. looks very promising.. & another great way to spend time waiting for DBC14 :D
Expected it to be a bit like Rufus ant cricket but this is more like Flick Football Legends F.C. - which I had a lot of fun playing on iphone.
This would have made an excellent mobile game. Pity the developers are not in a position to spend any further time / money on this!!!

Last edited:

sobeydee

School Cricketer
@sobeydee has not visited the forum since 17th March but in case you visit again, I would like you to know that your game is throwing in an error (see image) when I try and select a country.

View attachment 120757

Hi Samuels,

Just to let you know this isn't my game.
Just something I came across from a blog. Then loved it so thought I would share. I have had an error or two before when playing but never that one. Maybe try contact the developer? He did get back to me when I emailed him.

Hope you come right!

----------

Well, I take back what I said. In the quest to pass time, I decided to sign up and have a go at this game.

Initially, it was a bit difficult to score. I couldn't even cross 80-90 after 10-12 attempts. Then gradually I started to realize how it really works. Choosing the correct shot and zone for a delivery ensures maximum timing window.

Needless to say I got hooked to it and am currently into round 28 of the 50-over tournament. It is a well thought out game and it's unfortunate that the development has come to a halt. I'd have loved to suggest/give feedback to them on this.

I had exactly the same thing. Initially I couldn't score much at all. But once I got used to the shot selection as well as taking on specific bowlers then it got easier. I have now finished all 30 levels of the 50 over and am playing through the T20. Pity the developer has run out of money. Would be awesome to be able to play test match innings vs friends!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Would be awesome to be able to play test match innings vs friends!

Exactly! Would have loved to play a test match in this game, even single player would have been so much fun.

sobeydee

School Cricketer
Exactly! Would have loved to play a test match in this game, even single player would have been so much fun.

Exactly!
Here is my email I sent to the developer:

Hi I would just like to congratulate you on a fantastic game! The more you play the more addictive it is. It's incredible how you can actually pace an innings and rebuild after a collapse. I like that you need to pace an innings and select which bowlers to attack.

Is there a discussion forum to talk about this game?
Also it would be great to follow the developments of this game.

I would love to see test matches (possibly where other players set scores and you have to see if you can come on top after 4 innings). You would have to look at the dynamics. Possibly the bowler's pace and the batsman's eye could change on a new ball and after lunch and breaks - otherwise you may just bat forever. Something a bit like the Howzat Cricket friends challenge but unlimited overs (let's face it - test is the ultimate game).

It would also be nice to see more stats: partnerships, wagon wheels etc. Not only for each game but also a stored history for each player.

Also, would it be possible to reset a player's stats back to zero?

And this was the developer's response:

Thanks for your terrific feedback.
Can I ask where you heard about Pocket Cricket?

Your suggestions are excellent but sadly we will have to wait quite a while for them to be implemented since we have run out of money :)

Hopefully this will change soon.

Cheers

As you can see from my suggestions it would be awesome to have some wagon wheels and additional stats etc. Perhaps I must contact the developer again with a link to the thread requesting that he joins. Then perhaps he can give us some feedback.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
That could work. Maybe he might get motivated enough to start it up again.

mav77mortal

Game Developer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would like to inform you that we are planning on a next project which is similar in some ways to Pocket Cricket... more details later ... just don't want to distract myself from RC'14

Users who are viewing this thread