Podcast this week.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey Chief....loved the podcast :)!!!! Specially how you explained why we haven seen many screens or videos yet :)!

However, I do not agree (to an extent) with you on 1:1 motion controls not working out in a cricket game. I agree that bowling would be pretty tedious, and that even in batting, it would be based on pure physics. However, even with those physics you can add some assists depending upon the difficulty level (move street cricket had something similar), for e.g. for lower difficulty levels you can add assists like extra power, extra timing, additional bat area (i.e. code the bat to be 2x or 3x times broader than what its actual measurement is. In this way, on lower difficulty levels, even if i play down the wrong line, I still have a larger probability of executing the shot the way I wanted it. Maybe for the future versions of this game ;)!

LOVE IT. I've mocked up the artwork already.

Also, the marketing guys will love it, as plenty of extra space for advertising... :D

Seriously though, you make a good point: will have a think.

Attachments

• ads.jpg
    ads.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 20

angad

Chairman of Consent
LOVE IT. I've mocked up the artwork already.

Also, the marketing guys will love it, as plenty of extra space for advertising... :D

Seriously though, you make a good point: will have a think.

Lol!!!!

You dont need to enlarge the bat though....it can be more of a virtual assist :p!!!

Talking of bats....any chance of these making it to the final game??? ;)

http://anccricket.webs.com/Mongoose-Range-768428.jpg

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Chief, are you aware you said "umm" 76 times in that podcast?
Thanks for the answers though. Completely agree with the motion capture thing.

Chief

Panel of Selectors

Rumbled. It's a terrible habit I have when unscripted - check out any interview I've ever done and you'll see it. It's awful, but completely involuntary.
Trouble is, once you notice it, it becomes more and more obvious because you're listening for it.

NO-ONE READ THIS POST.

---

OOH, alternate idea. It's one of those coded/hidden marketing things - You'll realise later that it was because the game contains 76 teams. Or bats. Or trombones.
CLEVER.

Last edited:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

So gone4aduck, I have to ask something.
You counted all 76 in your head or on a piece of paper ?:p

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
So gone4aduck, I have to ask something.
You counted all 76 in your head or on a piece of paper ?:p

Piece of paper! :p

It was a passing comment that chief took as the joke it was intended to be. No need to make a "thing" out of it. Move on.

Fast bowler

Club Cricketer
People still chose to pirate AC09 in India despite the tiny price tag and widespread availability. I think they shouldn't bother releasing it at all and save their distribution costs.
that's just profiling people, i am a sri lankan and i say i need to by the original DVD. and i know most sri lankans would buy it. don't be resist man. it's disgusting if you ask me

----------

I agree... I couldn't imagine the investment would be worth it for the small percentage that would purchase the game legally. Put it on the Playstation Marketplace, but releasing/promoting it in physical form would be a waste of money.
two words for you !!!! racial profiling :facepalm

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
that's just profiling people, i am a sri lankan and i say i need to by the original DVD. and i know most sri lankans would buy it. don't be resist man. it's disgusting if you ask me

----------

two words for you !!!! racial profiling :facepalm

No, don't pull the race card. It is a fact that piracy is disproportionately high in the Asian markets.

Fast bowler

Club Cricketer
No, don't pull the race card. It is a fact that piracy is disproportionately high in the Asian markets.
you mean to say people in England or Australia don't have access to pirate-bay. you people are such resists and just because your skin is white, you think your better then rest of the world !!!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I'd hate THIS thread to be closed chaps. Lets get back to mutual respect ASAP yeah?

Fast bowler

Club Cricketer
I'd hate THIS thread to be closed chaps. Lets get back to mutual respect ASAP yeah?
i would love to. i just gave you a marketing idea that would boost sales and make the game accessible for cricket crazy nations like (Sri lanka, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) am sure those counties are part of the game !! and some resists here are profiling people from my country !! that's not fair !!! wonder where all the administrators of this site !! is resist comments allowed in this page ???:eek:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I'm hopeful that it was a comment involving a specific observation about geographic consumerism rather than profiling...

Give everyone the benefit of the doubt this time, and lets move on?

Fast bowler

Club Cricketer
I'm hopeful that it was a comment involving a specific observation about geographic consumerism rather than profiling...

Give everyone the benefit of the doubt this time, and lets move on?
il try to believe that if you say so!! anyways i think you should look in to making the game available in all test nations !! its only fair !! i am not talking about costly operations. how about finding at lest one DVD retail company in all the test playing Asian countries and making the game available through them. you don't even need to market it just create awareness through the social media that these companies would have the original game in respective countries !!! its a cost effective simple method really :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread