Podcast this week.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Last edited by a moderator:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Interesting on the motion controls. I guess what seems obvious to me is that it ought to be possible to switch between motion mode and gamepad mode firstly.
Secondly the "cricket simulation" model with a few tweaks sounds most practical. If virtual batsize was effectively increased along with power, it ought to be possible to feel like you're playing a game rather than facing a bowling machine.

Thank you for answering the questions you did although I do feel there are one or two in the thread that could have been addressed without giving away hundreds of gameplay secrets.

anveshs

Club Cricketer
I will indeed - here you go.

Ashes Cricket 2013 - Your questions answered - Part 2 - YouTube

For people who aren't fans of my voice, you may want to spend your 15mins watching this instead.
Curtly Ambrose 7 for 1 against Australia - YouTube
Curty Ambrose bowls a 17 ball over - YouTube

Cricket. Funny old game.

Thankyou chief:D

----------

Interesting on the motion controls. I guess what seems obvious to me is that it ought to be possible to switch between motion mode and gamepad mode firstly.
Secondly the "cricket simulation" model with a few tweaks sounds most practical. If virtual batsize was effectively increased along with power, it ought to be possible to feel like you're playing a game rather than facing a bowling machine.

Thank you for answering the questions you did although I do feel there are one or two in the thread that could have been addressed without giving away hundreds of gameplay secrets.

I agree with you:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not sure what to make of not being able to provide many details of the game because of licensing. Big Ant have been much more expressive, which by this train of thought makes me believe they have little or no licenses.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Not sure what to make of not being able to provide many details of the game because of licensing. Big Ant have been much more expressive, which by this train of thought makes me believe they have little or no licenses.

That was chiefly in relation to showing screens/video, which can't be done for licensing reasons.
I want to talk about the details, in particular gameplay details, when I can DEMONSTRATE them, and that means the visual stuff has to be completed.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Actually showing visuals on a podcast would be quite interesting. You can troll others the way you want. I bet the game trailer was playing all along in the background during podcast ;)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks for that Jamie - well explained answers. Totally agree about bowling and using a motion controller - wouldn't fancy bowling 25 overs first day of test :noway

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks Chief, will devour this podcast and speculate, obsess and ponder on the plethora of details contained within....... tomorrow.

Quickly though; Licensee copyrights are a complex issue, folks. No way around that. Lots of departments to sign off on that stuff, if it's anything like my line of work... there's always plenty of cooks in that kitchen :facepalm

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Thanks chief, I enjoyed it.
Nice I idea putting the ambrose bowling
YouTube videos also, what a bowler he was.

Ok on to the questions, motion controls first.
Not interested, to much work, also technology
Is not right yet. Maybe in the future, more
Important to make a great cricket game first, also
Not a easy task as the past has shown.;)

Thank you for going into detail about licenses.
I guess we will have to learn patience:D or try.
Looking forward to when you can show us the goodies.:yes

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Good podcast...some good informations regarding motion control. But would have liked to hear more on what's in the game rather than what's not in the game or cant be done in the game.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Good podcast...some good informations regarding motion control. But would have liked to hear more on what's in the game rather than what's not in the game or cant be done in the game.

"When you eliminate the impossible what remains, however implausible, must be the truth."

Yeah. Like you're going to see THAT on the box. :-)

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
still very little information :mad

images

First you guys argue for a podcast and when you get one you do that. :facepalm

Anyways thank you Chief for that, lot of the questions i had in mind were answered. :cheers

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

No beating the umpire to death after they give u
Out LBW for 99 with a huge inside edge a chief.:D

----------

images

First you guys argue for a podcast and when you get one you do that. :facepalm

Anyways thank you Chief for that, lot of the questions i had in mind were answered. :cheers

Dude don't write things like kill yourself.
If someone is disappointed so be it, it's been a
Long four months with information coming slowly.
Lets all thank chief for the time he has put on pc.
I can't wait to see all the hard work soon guys.

Users who are viewing this thread