• Mark Taylor

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other - post your other choice below.

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
select your favourite commentator. (sorry about spelling mistakes its my secretary's day off :P)

choose your two man team and feel free to express opinions below in posts.

Apologies if i missed your favourite commentator, but vote in the others column and post here who that person is, on the current list of commentators there are about 20+ and i could only select 12 including an "others" for the poll, i have tried to have a cross selection, but i might have missed some.

Last edited:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
why is this in Cricket 2005 forum ??

Octavius

Club Cricketer
my apologies, the poll is for who you would like to see as the commentators in the next version of cricket 2005 ... going to be 2006 or 7.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
removed the other (dead) thread and renamed this as " Best commentators For Cricket 2006/7 " :)

P.S - IMO, The Closing date for the poll is very short "25th January 2006"
do you want me to extend it or remove it ? ;)

Last edited:

Octavius

Club Cricketer
cheers mate, remove it if thats ok, thanks, and thanks for changing the topic i figured people wqould realise i meant for cricket 2006-7 but ah well :P

rudeypooh

Club Captain
The ultimate would be have a commentator (or 2) from each country, and they represent their country in there games. :D

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
Well, basically to make the game more interesting there should be more than 2 commentators in c2006. (There's definitely going to be c2006 because its an annual series now.)

but my 2 choices would be Paul Allot and Bill Laury.

FreddieFan

International Coach
Individually, they're both good but as a team Michael Slater and Michael Atherton are excellent to listen to. I don't really mind who's in, as long as it isn't Boycott!

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
FreddieFan said:
Individually, they're both good but as a team Michael Slater and Michael Atherton are excellent to listen to. I don't really mind who's in, as long as it isn't Boycott!
Ya, I too actually won't mind who's in. They all are great commentators.
M. Holding, Gavaskar,Shastri..... all are genius. but in c2006 there should be at least 4 of them, if not more than that. :onpc

Octavius

Club Cricketer
looks like Richie and boycott have the nod as the two man team so far, i like the idea of 4+ commentators they could have revolving commentators much like real cricket, which would add a lot of depth to the game and playing over long periods would be fun.

and id also like to see a lot more anecdotal story's from the commentators like richie talking about the time he got hit in the head trying to hook and carted off to hospital, those add a lot of spice to the atmosphere.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Well any Commentator other than Benaud will do for me :D :D .......Tony Greig is a fantastic commentator, I like his enthusiasm and energy.
Well they could record the same comments in different voices and then the user could select a pair to use in his matches. For e.g like Ramiz Raja/S.Manjrekar, Boycott/Botham or something like that would increase the variety.........

Octavius

Club Cricketer
thats a good idea :D

whats wrong with Richie??? lol

i guess hes been there so long, it could be nice for a change, but some of us (probably a bit older than some, hes like the hallmark of cricket game commentators going back to cricket 97.

i like tony grieg a lot too, and geoff boycott talking about ground strokes.

mehkar

International Coach
:p I think this time Ea needs to include over 6 commentators .This thing is now not new for the cricket games b/c Last year BLIC2005 released which had approx 6 commentators.
But for this option In my mind Tony grieg/ micheal holding/bill Lawry/ramiz raza/sajay Majeraker and jim maxwell are best

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread