Postcards From The Sledge!

Coot Comics

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Evening all! Long-time lurker, first-time caller.

I'm hoping to get some advice on a book I've just illustrated (I'm a cartoonist):

Postcards From The Sledge
A Century of Cricket Insults to Send Up Down Under

It's a book of postcards designed to tease the Aussies during the Ashes :) There are 10 famous cricket quotations ranging from WG Grace to the Barmy Army which you can tear out and send to you favourite cricket-loving Aussie...

A sneak preview is online at http://www.postcardsfromthesledge.com

I'm really after a bit of advice on how best to promote it. I've published it myself but I don't have many contacts in the cricket world. If anyone has any ideas on how best to get it under the noses of cricket fans I'd be happy to hear them!

Beach

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Nice work and i'm happy for you, but this is in the wrong part of PC mate. Try General Chat.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
id like to welcome you to the forums and hope you can engage in some convosations now your lurking days are over ;)

Ive had a proper look now and it looks great, ive seen that Warne one on Cricinfo :D

Ive also had a look at your personal website and i have to say your illustrations look top!

Last edited:

Coot Comics

School Cricketer
Sorry! I thought that might be the case. I will repost in a different thread as you suggest.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's ok. I've moved it to cricket chat. We're always willing to help fellow cricket sites as long as their not identical to this one!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Great concept, I can think of a few Australian members who'd love to recieve a postcard or two ;)

Coot Comics

School Cricketer
Cheers fellas :)

Glad you saw it at cricinfo - they've been great and wrote a really nice review of it too.

If anyone has any good sledges I can use for future cards let me know - I'm planning to keep drawing them.

Last edited:

Coot Comics

School Cricketer
Yes... I thought I should try and avoid ones that would get me death threats...

Coot Comics

School Cricketer
shane.gif

Thanks guys - a sneak preview...

JamesyJames3

International Coach
I was very impressed by these Coot Comics. Clearly you're a talented artist.

Ways to promote it, maybe get in contact with cricket clubs around the country and see what advertising packages they offer?

Might be worth having a look at Australian grounds for this winter, as even though your drawings are a dig at Aussies, there is bound to be a thousands of English around during the series.

Advertising will really depend on your financial situation, but there are many different types of packages on offer, so maybe worth a look. Whether it be from advertisement boards to programme advertisement.

Users who are viewing this thread