ppl who wants to make kitsbats and other stuffs for BLIC on PS2 read here

alien

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey guys there is one big file called BIGBAG.dat on ps2 version of the game. i knew a guy so i asked him to make an extractor/rebuilder and he made it. i will post the extractor/rebuilder soon. i hope some1 is interested to modify BLIC since it has fake kits for all the teams in exhibition modes and faces as well. so i think we will be able to change faces as well.
i will post the file soon

alien

School Cricketer
ok here is the list of the files that are inside that BIGBAG.dat file. oh well i am attaching the file so if u wanna download do it. guys i am not that good for making kits, is there any1 who can make kits faces and other stuffs? oh and here is the extractor/rebuilder. if u have any question how to use it then write here.thks

does any1 know how to open .tex files. if we manage to open those files then editing everything will be possible. in the bigbag.dat file there are .bag files and in those bag files there are .tex files. i hope some1 finds a way to view those files. oh btw all the bats are in reaplace.bag file. all the faces are in playershead.bag or playerheadthumbnails.bag files.

Attachments

• LBA.TXT
    54.2 KB · Views: 52
  • BLIC.zip
    331.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Ste

Executive member
Hi

Can you actually open playershead.bag, replace.bag etc. If so what do you open these with? In the .bag for the teams what files are there? any .dds files?

Ste

horner2693

Club Cricketer
cool, had a look in my iso this morning and i can see the bigbag file. hope you can release the tool soon as i am keen to edit my ps2 version. is it possible to edit fake names inside the bag aswell? or do you need a mem card save file.

btw, played my first game this morning and to all you haters out there, please stop your whining. its noone elses problem if youve overhyped the game for yourself. ea have made no porgress in all these years of producing cricket games whereas codies make their FIRST impressive attempt at a ps2 cricket game. cant you guys appreciate the foundations codies have laid down for the future of brian lara?

soz for the mini hijack of thread.

good work with the editing keep it up. ill try and contribute anything i can as i too want to edit the ps2 iso.

horner2693

Club Cricketer
ok guys, could possibly have a breakthorugh here but not sure yet. i was 'googling' and came across a program called 'game extractor'. a basic version is free but a full version costs $5. i got the free one to test it out. im not sure how to use it yet but i have managed to extract files from the 'playershead.bag' but they are in hex.

anyone with more expetise with this program etc. may have more luck. heres the site to download it. p.s. it even mentions on the site that the game extractor can work with brian lara 2005! looks extremely promising, especially when used in conjunction with alien's tool.

The Tool (Click Here)

alien

School Cricketer
Ste said:
Hi

Can you actually open playershead.bag, replace.bag etc. If so what do you open these with? In the .bag for the teams what files are there? any .dds files?

Ste
hey ste i tried to open the bag files with bag viewer from prakash and it opened replace.bag file and many more without any problem but there are few files that i can't open for e.g. playerhead.bag, playerheadthumbnails.bag.
oh and inside the bag files are .tex files instead of .dds files. i hope some1 can tell me how to view those .tex files. the extractor/rebuilder has been attached in the previous post.

Snoopy

School Cricketer
Sounds really really good, hopefully it will be easy enough to put the real player heads in Exhibition matches.

horner2693

Club Cricketer
alien said:
extractor/rebuilder has been attached in the previous post.

so does your extractor do the same thing? i must have been a little confused then.

am i correct in thinking we need to find a program to open bag files?

Snoopy

School Cricketer
I'm sure when someone posts how to do it on PC or PS2 it will be the same on Xbox.

horner2693

Club Cricketer
has anyone tried paint shop pro to open the .tex file. i read somewhere that supports them i think

Zahir

School Cricketer
how do u actually get it from the PC onto ur PS2 version???

hardeepdewal

School Cricketer
Zahir said:
how do u actually get it from the PC onto ur PS2 version???

you could get a ps2 max drive. this basically plugs into your usb on the pc and the front of your ps2. just get the file, which hopefully will come out soon, and place it in the max drive. then plug the max drive into your ps2 and i think you leavve it in there or copy the file on to your memory card.

Users who are viewing this thread