Predict the T20 2009 WC Champion

Who would be the T20 WC champ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Anyone from Ind, Pak, Nz, SL can win it.

NZ? England have won 3 out of 3 T20i's against them iirc. In England we hammered them. Anderson and Broad worked out McCullum and we bowled them out cheaply. The runs were then knocked off with ease with Bell playing a glorious unbeaten 50 in what was easily the best innings I've seen from him!

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
NZ? England have won 3 out of 3 T20i's against them iirc. In England we hammered them. Anderson and Broad worked out McCullum and we bowled them out cheaply. The runs were then knocked off with ease with Bell playing a glorious unbeaten 50 in what was easily the best innings I've seen from him!

Well NZ have beaten the world champions in 3 out of 3 t20 matches, so you have to give them their due.;)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If Bravo opens with Gayle the Windies will certainly have a good opening combo. India would be the favourite, NZ have a decent batting lineup but the bowling leaves a bit to be desired. Aus are a chance if things click but some of our batters haven't shown much in T20.
SA will be there abouts with good T20 players in both the batting and bowling department.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
hmm...how about the other finalists from last world cup...Pakistan..we have a very good chance at this, most of our players are made for twenty20 cricket.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

Yeah they have and they played really well in New Zealand to win those two 20/20's. If iic Mascheranas won them the second 20/20 when he smacked four sixes in a row of Patel. But that 20/20 game in England doesn't count for anything. Have a look at New Zealands batting line-up for that game:

How
McCullum
J.Marshall
R.Taylor
Styris
Fulton
Flynn

Only two of them will be playing in this years 20/20 World Cup.

Key
Bopara
Pietersen
Collingwood *
Flintoff
Napier
Mascheranas
Foster +
Broad
Swann
Anderson

That team looks alright, but only Pieterson, Collingwood, and to some extent Flintoff have proven to be good ODI batsmen. The rest are fairly unknown.

My top four teams in no particular order are:

India
South Africa
New Zealand
Australia

I've got a really good feeling about New Zealand winning it though.

akilkumar

School Cricketer
newzeaz hav a real chance to win because they won both t-20 mathes against india and the had a superub team

ross taylor
j.ryder
m.guptill
b.mclum
ian.o. brim
j. oran

Ari

International Cricketer

The sides we played against England with were hardly normal. During the games in NZ we didn't have Vettori in either match and played players like Flynn, How, Fulton, Hitchcock not to mention Southee and Ryder were making there debuts for NZ. Then in England Oram was out injured and still for some reason included Fulton, How and Flynn then add James Marshall and Mason into that and you have a terrible team. To be fair to the selectors we were going through a rebuilding stage around that time with the likes of Fleming and McMillan retiring and Bond joining the ICL, so we had to try out some new guys. But the team is much stronger than it was back then.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Australia. I'm highlighting this fact again and again- after the T-20 World Cup, we have played 4 intl T-20's. And we could win just 1 of them.

Wrong

Defeated Aussies in Mumbai
Defeated Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka

Losses: 1 Australia in Australia and 2 to Kiwis

tech.007

Club Cricketer
any team except Australia,England,New Zea land and West Indies

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Aussies would have been fav had Hayden and Gilly been around.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It will be again Pakistan or India.But my favour goes to Pakistan.
Pakistan has the best record so far in T20 in all international teams,winning 16 matches out of 19 which is more then India,Australia,Newzealand and South Africa and present form of Pakistan's squad will be a threat for all teams.
Hope for Pakistan to have cup this time.:happy:happy

jordox

International Cricketer
It's so close really.

That's what is exciting about T20, you can't really predict what is going to happen. South Africa are the favorites in my books, they were the best team in the previous cup (before they were stupidly knocked out after loosing 1 game, whilst other teams with losses got through) and I'm backing them to win, or at least do well.

But really, who knows. It could easily be anyone.

harrisb

International Coach
im english, and would love to see them win,

but................

they won't, they are still a long way off being a serious contender.

my pick is india

Highlander999

ICC President
That team looks alright, but only Pieterson, Collingwood, and to some extent Flintoff have proven to be good ODI batsmen. The rest are fairly unknown.

Hardly. Key is one of the best 20/20 batsmen in the country, he has been fantastic for Kent. Bopara was a massive hit in the IPL, and Mascarenhas also played pretty well in the IPL and is a very good ODI player for England.

Users who are viewing this thread