Prediction thread: World Cup 2015 squads.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's a long, long way off but I'm sure a few countries, Australia in particular, are already building toward compiling a strong 2015WC squad in three year's time.

How do people think the squads will look for their own country when the time comes around? For Australia in a 15 man squad, I'd like to see:

1) Shane Watson
2) David Warner
3) Shaun Marsh
4) Nic Maddinson
5) Michael Clarke (C)
6) Mitchell Marsh
7) Matthew Wade (WK)
8) James Faulkner
9) Steve O'Keefe
10) James Pattinson
11) Pat Cummins

12) Peter Nevill (WK)
13) Chris Lynn
14) Dan Christian
15) Mitchell Starc

I invite people to put forward their own, for any country. It'd be interesting to see if anyone has insight for countries such as Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Ireland etc.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan I am saying

Mohammed Hafeez
Asad Shafiq
Azhar Ali
Misbah ul Haq
Umar Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Fawad Alam
Abdur Rehman
Wahab Raiz
Umar Gul
Saeed Ajmal

subs
Sarfaraz Ahmed
Shoiab Malik

dajesmac

Club Captain
Saeed Ajmal will be 37. Though it'd be great if he were still around, he may still be.

----------

What about the likes of Nasir Jamshed and Khurram Manzoor?

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Pour Angleterre:

XI
Alastair Cook (c) - The best in the world now, and he'll just get better.
Joe Root - Kieswetter will be dropped and Pietersen won't last, and Root is next in line.
Jonathan Trott - Class player. He'll still be around, probably averaging mid-40s by then.
Ravi Bopara - Will probably get a lot of starts but not a lot of hundreds. Not overly secure.
Jonny Bairstow (+) - By 'eck lad, 'e gives t' ball a right good whack.
Jos Buttler - The consummate finisher, this guy is just immense.
Tim Bresnan - A good all rounder, will probably get the spot because we don't have anyone like Flintoff.
Stuart Broad - Will etch his name in as one of England's go-to bowlers.
Graeme Swann - He'll be about 35 by then, so the WC will be his swansong (see what I did there)
Graham Onions - Will finally have shaken off his injury, and will displace an injured Tremlett.
Steve Finn - Will be our premier fast bowler, and rightly so.

Reserves
Craig Kieswetter - Can't see him ever being too far from the England side, I think he'll be around as backup for Root.
Kevin Pietersen - Will still be in the squad and will still have done nothing to justify it.
Samit Patel - A talented all-rounder, but I don't think Flower likes him.
Chris Tremlett - Would be a cert for the XI if it wasn't for his injuries.

dajesmac

Club Captain
That's quite a dramatic change in the makeup of the batting lineup. No love for Eoin Morgan? He has shown an ability to be a Mike Hussey-like finisher in one day matches.

formula1man

International Cricketer
It's a long, long way off but I'm sure a few countries, Australia in particular, are already building toward compiling a strong 2015WC squad in three year's time.

How do people think the squads will look for their own country when the time comes around? For Australia in a 15 man squad, I'd like to see:

1) Shane Watson
2) David Warner
3) Shaun Marsh
4) Nic Maddinson
5) Michael Clarke (C)
6) Mitchell Marsh
7) Matthew Wade (WK)
8) James Faulkner
9) Steve O'Keefe
10) James Pattinson
11) Pat Cummins

12) Peter Nevill (WK)
13) Chris Lynn
14) Dan Christian
15) Mitchell Starc

I invite people to put forward their own, for any country. It'd be interesting to see if anyone has insight for countries such as Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Ireland etc.

That looks about right. if David Hussey gets into an unstoppable run of form even at 37 he could still be there. I dont think Maddinson or Lynn will be there however Forrest and Ferguson seem more likely.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
That's quite a dramatic change in the makeup of the batting lineup. No love for Eoin Morgan? He has shown an ability to be a Mike Hussey-like finisher in one day matches.

No - I think that until he gets his head straight he'll be a liability. I also think that by 2015 Ireland might have test status. Morgan will still only be 28, and may be offered a special dispensation to go back to Ireland.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The thing with India is that, I believe most of the guys who are playing or who are in the team right now will be there for the 2015 World Cup. So my predicted Indian XI for the 2015 World Cup would be:

Gautam Gambhir
Ajinkya Rahane
Virat Kohli
MS Dhoni
Suresh Raina
Manoj Tiwary
Irfan Pathan
R Ashwin
Praveen Kumar
Rahul Sharma
Umesh Yadav

Reserves: Rohit Sharma, Parthiv Patel/Dinesh Karthik, Varun Aaron, Aushik Srinivas (left arm spinner)

dajesmac

Club Captain
That looks about right. if David Hussey gets into an unstoppable run of form even at 37 he could still be there. I dont think Maddinson or Lynn will be there however Forrest and Ferguson seem more likely.

Dussey I would love to still be around, I just don't think he will be. I didn't want to make a premature call on Forrest, and while I love Ferguson he seems out of favour at the moment. But things can change.

Maddinson I really rate. Has that sort of Michael Bevan class about him and in a few years I think he could become something special. Just my view though.

No - I think that until he gets his head straight he'll be a liability. I also think that by 2015 Ireland might have test status. Morgan will still only be 28, and may be offered a special dispensation to go back to Ireland.

Fair enough.

That would be great. I'd love to see Ireland get back some of the talent they've produced to be honest.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Clarke won't be at 5, he'll take over at 3. He can't hit out to save himself, just look at how he got out in the last ODI. SOK would need a big turn around to make the 50 over side.

Hard to predict who will end up in the side from here. Maxwell could get himself the number 7 spot especially if Dussey has moved on but even if he hasn't he could get in on his hitting ability. Khawaja is starting to put his hand up as is Cowan. And Cooper is starting to deliver.

Addy

National Board President
  1. Imran Fart
  2. M.Hafeez
  3. Kamran Akmal (WK)
    -------------------------
  4. Younis Khan
  5. M.Yousuf
  6. Bazid Khan
  7. Faisal Iqbal
  8. Azhar Ali
  9. Shahid Afridi
  10. Shoaib Malik
  11. Saeed Ajma
  12. Rana Naved
  13. Rao Iftikhar
  14. Mohammad Sami
  15. Umar Gul
l

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Clarke won't be at 5, he'll take over at 3. He can't hit out to save himself, just look at how he got out in the last ODI. SOK would need a big turn around to make the 50 over side.

I really liked the #3 version of Clarke I saw last match, because Clarke's weakness is trying to be too precise in finding gaps. If he comes in towards the end of the powerplay, then that weakness doesn't matter quite so much as dots are more frequent and he'll hit some boundaries because he's a good field threader. Then he can disrupt the spinners lengths when they come on to bowl after the PP, and as you point out, he doesn't have to finish. Clarke to #3 FTW :yes

As for O'Keefe, well I'm not sure he'd need a big turn around. The spinner job in Australia is very unpredictable. Lyon is the current golden boy, but give him a poor series in a losing side and he'll be discarded pretty quickly I would think. I like Lyon, but there's nothing overly special about him, and that means there could be a bit of a revolving door in future.

I like that original squad of dajesmac, but I think Callum Ferguson is there somewhere, and Maxwell probably instead of Christian by 2015. And the backup keeper won't be Nevill, it will be Phil Hughes who will be looking for a career change lower down the order :p

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The thing with India is that, I believe most of the guys who are playing or who are in the team right now will be there for the 2015 World Cup. So my predicted Indian XI for the 2015 World Cup would be:

Gautam Gambhir
Ajinkya Rahane
Virat Kohli
MS Dhoni
Suresh Raina
Manoj Tiwary
Irfan Pathan
R Ashwin
Praveen Kumar
Rahul Sharma
Umesh Yadav

Reserves: Rohit Sharma, Parthiv Patel/Dinesh Karthik, Varun Aaron, Aushik Srinivas (left arm spinner)

I agree with the lineup but I feel Yuvi will be there but if not than we have the back up. I would also give Ojha a run in ODI's. He has looked good in shorter formats as well. So the team will be pretty much same but here it is.

(1) Gautam Gambhir
(2) Ajinkya Rahane
(3) Virat Kohli
(4) Yuvraj Singh/Rohit Sharma
(5) Suresh Raina
(6) MS Dhoni
(7) Ravindra Jadeja
(8) Ravi Ashwin
(9) Irfan Pathan
(10) Praveen Kumar
(11) Umesh Yadav

(12) Manish Pandey
(13) Manoj Tiwary
(14) Varun Aaron
(15) Pragyan Ojha

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
As for O'Keefe, well I'm not sure he'd need a big turn around. The spinner job in Australia is very unpredictable. Lyon is the current golden boy, but give him a poor series in a losing side and he'll be discarded pretty quickly I would think. I like Lyon, but there's nothing overly special about him, and that means there could be a bit of a revolving door in future.

In terms of ODIs he does, his record is a long way off from his other two formats. And when you consider he isn't being picked with his Test stats, he is going to need some turn around to make the ODI side. Unless of course they do a Peter Forrest but the selectors (past and present) don't seem to rate him. The new selectors overlooked him for the A team (he wasn't injured at the time) and then recently the T20 side. Now both may have been down to circumstances but certainly doesn't read well for him.

I like that original squad of dajesmac, but I think Callum Ferguson is there somewhere, and Maxwell probably instead of Christian by 2015. And the backup keeper won't be Nevill, it will be Phil Hughes who will be looking for a career change lower down the order

Dunk and Triffit look like they could make decent keepers in the shorter form of the game. Nevill doesn't seem to have the hitting capability.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I agree with the lineup but I feel Yuvi will be there but if not than we have the back up. I would also give Ojha a run in ODI's. He has looked good in shorter formats as well. So the team will be pretty much same but here it is.

(1) Gautam Gambhir
(2) Ajinkya Rahane
(3) Virat Kohli
(4) Yuvraj Singh/Rohit Sharma
(5) Suresh Raina
(6) MS Dhoni
(7) Ravindra Jadeja
(8) Ravi Ashwin
(9) Irfan Pathan
(10) Praveen Kumar
(11) Umesh Yadav

(12) Manish Pandey
(13) Manoj Tiwary
(14) Varun Aaron
(15) Pragyan Ojha

OH I forgot UV. Will be good if he can be there.

Users who are viewing this thread