Press Release - 22/10/06

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The Cricket Project's new title has been announced today, in a joint partnership between Youth Cluster and TheArtofCricket.net. Here's to a new era for the game.

The Art of Cricket, the new name for the rebel cricket game, will launch for PC in 2007, Vengeance Gaming announced today.

The announcement was made in the latest episode of the popular Youth Cluster podcast, hosted by game commentator Matthew Dufty.

The game follows the wishes of hundreds of players in focusing on the core gameplay. As a result, you will be able to play out the most immersive and exciting cricket gaming experience ever.

lrg-80-tcp_2006-10-20_11-27-22-95.jpg

The Art of Cricket stuns with the most realistic collision system to be used in any cricket title. Everything the ball hits will make a difference. Also introduced are batsman confidence meters to show how your player is feeling. Can he play safe or go for the big shots? All this accompanies the groundbreaking new batting power meter, giving you full control over the timing and power of your shots.

In addition to these features, the game will include delicately recreated kits, stadiums and equipment seen in real life. Should you want to prove a point, The Art of Cricket includes online play to test your skills.

Prepare for a cricket game like no other, with The Art of Cricket for PC next year. For more, cover drive your way to TheArtofCricket.net for regular news, screenshots and videos.

Copyright TheArtofCricket.net

Thurya

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great name and great web site. well done guys and wish you best of luck!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thurya said:
Great name and great web site. well done guys and wish you best of luck!
Thanks mate. You will be able to see some screenshots involving Sri Lanka on the site!

langerrox

International Coach
maybe you should use a portal system for the site? and have the portal update according to this forum? would make annoucements alot easier/press updates.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
langerrox said:
maybe you should use a portal system for the site? and have the portal update according to this forum? would make annoucements alot easier/press updates.
Matt has worked very hard on this site! It was only a copy and paste job any way.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
The video is highly unrealistic. I mean, an English wrist spinner??? :p

Nah, great work :D

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
viral1991 said:
The name's magnificent! Ste was right, it will make Bradman proud! :)
The Art of Cricket was actually the name of Don Bradman's biography, so he was giving you a subtle hint there. :D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Skateboarder said:
The Cricket Project's new title has been announced today, in a joint partnership between Youth Cluster and TheArtofCricket.net. Here's to a new era for the game.........
A marvelous press release there, I haven't heard what my announcement on youthcluster sounded like yet (it's downloading now), but I would imagine that the press release is much better.

Tucked away in the new screenshots is a good look at the bowling system for TAOC: http://www.theartofcricket.net/gall...et/screenshots/tcp_2006-10-20_11-28-42-37.jpg
Which I think looks really good.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
whitehornmatt said:
A marvelous press release there, I haven't heard what my announcement on youthcluster sounded like yet (it's downloading now), but I would imagine that the press release is much better.

Tucked away in the new screenshots is a good look at the bowling system for TAOC: http://www.theartofcricket.net/gall...et/screenshots/tcp_2006-10-20_11-28-42-37.jpg
Which I think looks really good.
Looks so much better with the links and images. ;)

If I had FTP access I could do some stuff with the screenshots.

Thurya

Club Cricketer
Skateboarder said:
Thanks mate. You will be able to see some screenshots involving Sri Lanka on the site!
Hope to see Murali's bowling.:cool:

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
no words to describe this!
awesome work both the game & the website
:cheers guys

btw why r there 2 confidence bars(green and red) ,is 1 for batsman n oyher 4 bowler

Last edited:

viral1991

International Cricketer
The bowling thing looks great, though its size could be toned down a bit!

And what exactly are those two bars at the bottom-left? Confidence meters?

Users who are viewing this thread