surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
i saw the galleries and was excited and impressed a lot..Infact i kept on telling Duff that " it rocks " for many times :)

viral1991 said:
And what exactly are those two bars at the bottom-left? Confidence meters?

yeah what those two meters stands for? I guess one for stamina & other for confidence? :what

viral1991

International Cricketer
surendar said:
yeah what those two meters stands for? I guess one for stamina & other for confidence? :what

I think it could be bowling & batting confidence meters like BLIC! But if it is stamina, its an excellent feature! :)

sid_19840

International Coach
Good to hear the official name,I think that this news makes the game even more promising if it wasnt so already.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
hows this TAOC wallpaper(unofficial).Just made it 4 fun
wpfwj5.jpg

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
This game has really improved since I've last been here. It's starting to shape up really well and the game name is quite unique. Keep up the work!

Not a bad effort Potter.

azulfiqar

School Cricketer
IloveGilly said:
This game has really improved since I've last been here. It's starting to shape up really well and the game name is quite unique. Keep up the work!

Not a bad effort Potter.

yea my sentments exactly...and these guys do it all on their spare time...imagine if EA or Codies approached them to make EA 2008 or BLIC...they could make a game even better than Pro Evo!

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Hey all, sorry i've been absent for a couple of days had some urgent stuff to attend to.

Well, first things first, many reps and congrats for Matt (WhitehornMatt) and Lee (Skateboarder) for all their efforts and hard work on the site!! This was not paid work folks, they did it in their own spare time...great stuff, really is appreciated guys, well done :hpraise :hpraise :clap :clap :cheers

Yes, the name "The Art of Cricket" was the name of the Don's 'cricketing bible' which was released as a book and CD. The publishers granted me permission to use the name for this game, which i thought was really appropriate ;) and sounds cool too.

I should explain a few things about the screens and videos too..

i) the 2 meters at the bottom left corner apply to the strike batsman only and are the batsman's confidence and the batsman's stamina.

ii) the inner circle is now fixed and heaps better imho

iii) the umpires are in, now to implement the animations ;)

iv) stadium crowd had been simplified as discussed before, but will be improved later on

v) the bowling icons show which deliveries are available to that particular bowler. The bowling powerbar is not completed yet.

vi) all Hud icons and logos were done by Holmie, so reps for him...including the new batting powerbar!!

Also great news about some affiliations popping up. This can only be good for the game's popularity. Good work Lee for managing these. :clap

So have a look around the new site and ill be posting more screens soon enough.

cheers all,

LM

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Cheers Paul

The stamina idea is great. Game is really shaping up!

Will you be using all umpires with their own faces. cause a while ago i made an umpire info thread with umpire info.

Also will umpires have charatceristics eg like some are lienient to LBW some like to check with the thrid umpire?

Last edited:

viral1991

International Cricketer
That stamina idea is very good! I cant wait to play with a player with full confidence & full stamina! :)

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Definately a very nice idea. It adds the realism into the game and makes the game more strategical in a lot of different ways.

Anything added to this game is both new and unique. Keep it up.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
nightprowler10 said:
Well, I've been away for too long. Glad to see LM decided on a title. A bit unusual, but in a good way. :)
The title was decided five months ago...

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Brett_Lee said:
Cheers Paul

The stamina idea is great. Game is really shaping up!

Will you be using all umpires with their own faces. cause a while ago i made an umpire info thread with umpire info.

Also will umpires have charatceristics eg like some are lienient to LBW some like to check with the thrid umpire?

yeah, stamina will be really cool...adds a lot i think...

yeah, umps will all be individual too...different faces and also each ump has a heap of stats that determine their leniences towards different types of decisions and various other things...

LM

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
legend_master said:
yeah, stamina will be really cool...adds a lot i think...

yeah, umps will all be individual too...different faces and also each ump has a heap of stats that determine their leniences towards different types of decisions and various other things...

LM
The umpire stats could be a little bit controversial, although it would be brilliant if someone could be called as chucking by a certain umpire :D
Will the umps have different animations for their signals? Because it is a bit boring if they all do it one way (like in every other cricket game I've played)

Last edited:

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Yeah the billy bowden six signal! :D

That ads a great thing to the game with thier own characteristics!

Users who are viewing this thread