MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Interesting thing, I played golf online with a mate an hour or so ago, and it worked pretty well, although there was a bit of a delay, not such an issue with golf, but cricket might have a bit of trouble, this is on 56k btw.
Setting up the game was easy though, I just told him the ip on msn and it worked, having a server for games wouldn't be as good I would think, but useful if you don't know many people.
So basically, over the internet play would be a bit hard to keep at a reasonable speed. But could be possible on high speed or lan connections.
I would make it an add-on.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wildwil said:
Hey LM can I do SA domestic kits and commentary and SA roster?

yes, of course...i thought i already agreed to this ages ago? anyhow...yes is the answer

:p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
whitehornmatt said:
Interesting thing, I played golf online with a mate an hour or so ago, and it worked pretty well, although there was a bit of a delay, not such an issue with golf, but cricket might have a bit of trouble, this is on 56k btw.
Setting up the game was easy though, I just told him the ip on msn and it worked, having a server for games wouldn't be as good I would think, but useful if you don't know many people.
So basically, over the internet play would be a bit hard to keep at a reasonable speed. But could be possible on high speed or lan connections.
I would make it an add-on.

Well, we dont know if LM has any ideas abt makine online play easy and fun for 56k connections... Lets see. Still broadband has not fully covered a lot of people. So I too think 56k connections should be given importance when online play is concerned!

Add-on wont be a bad idea but I would wait to see LM's development on this area!

MushyMix

School Cricketer
What are the main gameplay features of this project ?
Anything different from EA cricket 2005 or Brian Lara

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
MushyMix said:
What are the main gameplay features of this project ?
Anything different from EA cricket 2005 or Brian Lara
A new power bar to determine how hard you hit the ball and how well you time it is being introduced for the first time in this game.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Is it going to be...

Too early and soft----Delicate------Well timed-------Powerfully hit--------Too hard

For someone like Sehwag, 3 and 4 will b better than the others because he is a power player

Last edited:

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
it will actually be based on how much power you put into the powerbbar combined with the strength and timing of the player and the shot rating as well as some other stats - this is then affected by any kind of mishit and offset against the bowl ratings...so just because you go full on the powerbar doesn't necessarily mean it'll go all the way every time...

Inzi bhai

School Cricketer
Well I would like to ask Legend master some few question about the game.
and here I go.......... Hi I watched your screen shots which were shown previous friday it was a good effort but couple of few things were missing in that particular screen shots: see below

1) stadium (there were no stadium only shown a few adver boards and boundary lines and no crowd as well)

2) Bowler and fielders ( the screen shots shows only batsman playing a miss hook shot but they were no fielders or keeper to catch that) :D

anyways keep up the good work.

srk121

International Coach
Inzi bhai said:
Well I would like to ask Legend master some few question about the game.
and here I go.......... Hi I watched your screen shots which were shown previous friday it was a good effort but couple of few things were missing in that particular screen shots: see below

1) stadium (there were no stadium only shown a few adver boards and boundary lines and no crowd as well)

2) Bowler and fielders ( the screen shots shows only batsman playing a miss hook shot but they were no fielders or keeper to catch that) :D

anyways keep up the good work.

Inzi bhai: (no offence) but please read the discussion board it shows the progress of the game. Paul has not made stadiums till yet they are still under developments. secondly he will start working on bowling very soon. bowler is hiding due to not having a good model. fielding still has to bee done till yet. game is still in progress.

Users who are viewing this thread