Pro level batting

Wolfin2010

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have reached the pro level in the career mode now I can't touch the single bowl, I already tried Net and Match practice but no luck.

Any advise?

I have reached the pro level in the career mode now I can't touch the single bowl, I already tried Net and Match practice but no luck.

Any advise?

At Pro level, you have to use the LS to control your footwork. This has to be done before you play the shot (only slightly before). Apparently on the PC on Amateur, footwork is not necessary?

I'm confuse about the footwork because in the practice match no matter what I do, for the footwork it says very poor.:mad

I'm playing on 360, not sure if it matter or not.

I don't see a method there, man? Just a guy playing front foot to everything.

Some people premeditate the footwork for quicks, so they hold the LS up while the bowler is running in. I've been experimenting with it, and it works quite nicely if you play anything off towards the covers, and anything leg towards square leg.

It gets me into trouble if they drop one short on the leg side, because the pull shot invariably goes in the air.

How are you trying to move your feet, bro? What camera are you using?

Thanks for the reply.
I'm using the "Far Batsman" camera, before reaching the Pro level I didn't use the LS. Now I guess I have to work on it. Thanks for the advise.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm using the "Far Batsman" camera, before reaching the Pro level I didn't use the LS. Now I guess I have to work on it. Thanks for the advise.

I've found "Close Batsman" to work better for me, I find it easier to see the line and length that way. Mind you, I have the circle around the ball turned off (but the trail left on).

If you think about it like you're actually batting, it will go better. Move the foot, then play the ball. Against the quicks the lag between footwork and shot is _very_ small, but I used to get in trouble trying to play them at the same time, when my shot would get selected slightly before the footwork - and thus I'd miss the ball completely.

Some people premeditate the footwork for quicks, so they hold the LS up while the bowler is running in. I've been experimenting with it,

Thanks for the info bro, I highly appreciated it. I just tried holding the Left Stick up in the practice match and it work fine I was able to hit sixes to spinners, I haven't pratice against fast bowlers yet but I'm sure it will work fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20140817_134749.jpg
    IMG_20140817_134749.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
My brother gave me some tips, so here they are.

You have to use up or down left joystick in order to play a good shots.
For the green and yellow balls use up Left joystick (front foot).
For the red ball use down left joystick (back foot) for the best result you have to use both joysticks at the same time.

So much advice on batting. Using feet and shot both at same time, may well actually help.
I wish BigAnt would actually clarify all the advice, whether it is myth or reality. Is there an optimal time to move feet or not? Is there a bigger timing window for playing defensive shots or not? Is it better to defend toward the ball or just defend straight up? (in my xp, for spinners I get less/no edges when defending straight up, but against pace it seems better to angle the bat (on pro)). etc etc.....
If BA actually gave some of their own advice, based on the known game mechanics etc, then maybe this forum would only need to be half the size, players wouldn't get frustrated so much and not give up playing until patch 3 (if they come back to playing at all), and maybe half the things people think of as bugs / anomalies would turn out to be them not playing properly.

The best advice I can offer is to use your instincts. I tend to play front foot shots as I did when I used to play as a school boy/with friends, however I've also managed to wean myself off that and just play using my reactions. More often than not I will get out but the balls I do manage to hit I've improved my overall shot making and decisions. My only problem is getting stuck/confused on the odd slower ball or the ball thats aiming for middle stump. I end up leaving it too late to make the shot. If you can just try not to pre-meditate and go with what feels right at the time.

I always use Pro Cam, as this makes the game feel the most realistic. And despite the terrible head movement (arrrggghhh!!!), I love this way of playing.
Today: After getting out 3 times very cheaply to balls I thought I was doing everything right to (timing, direction, front/back foot), (one ball: med fast right arm over, pitches on leg, good to full length, straightening slightly. I push forward for feet, defense shot angled slightly toward mid-on. My player jumps right across leg and I outside edge it to keeper.
So I decide to try close batting cam. I score 89 runs until I lose my next wicket. My highest score yet on pro. Finish my 10 man innings just under 400. Defensive shots as solid as a rock, batsman not moving all over the place. Timing is much more forgiving (it seems). Have much more time to choose foot and shot placement for fast and med fat bowlers. Can this just be down to camera angle??? I have been playing this game for weeks now, and with just changing one aspect of the game I am 3 to 4 times better at the game.

One important difference between Pro Cam and Close Cam is the FOV. So much narrower on Close Cam. So movement and speed of ball is much easier to pick up. Could BigAnt allow players to change their FOV, so that Pro Cam can have the same as close cam.

Last edited:
At Pro level, you have to use the LS to control your footwork. This has to be done before you play the shot (only slightly before). Apparently on the PC on Amateur, footwork is not necessary?

Yeah, in Amateur the LS was not even needed. Now I know why I scored that double ton so easily. Now reaching a 15 feels like 150. Batting really seems tough in Pro level. Cant even imaging the next stages.

Yeah, in Amateur the LS was not even needed. Now I know why I scored that double ton so easily. Now reaching a 15 feels like 150. Batting really seems tough in Pro level. Cant even imaging the next stages.

My experience is that Veteran isn't that much harder than pro, and Legend is a bigger step from Veteran - but the biggest jump is Amateur to Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread