Pro35 Evolution : Cricket's Newest Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mate, Australia always get full crowds for it's ODI's. There's nothing wrong with the format.

I am watching ban vs aus rt now on star cricket highlights and the stadium is almost full empty

Imager36

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What you're trying to do is please people who want to watch T20 and those who want to watch 50 over cricket.

What you're actually doing is pleasing neither of them.

Terminator

School Cricketer
What you're trying to do is please people who want to watch T20 and those who want to watch 50 over cricket.

What you're actually doing is pleasing neither of them.

Nop i am doing this coz 50 overs is too long and T20 is slambam crap good for women and children not for men

why am i not pleasing give reasons??

-D-S-B-

International Coach
That's your opinion, so you're trying to please yourself. How many people agree with you here? That should be enough evidence for you.

Terminator

School Cricketer
Nop i represent my friends and locality who think the same and are bored of ODIs & too many WT20s only popular thing is the IPL

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Ok now I definately disagree with you. The IPL is only popular to Indians, sure people from other countries follow their favourite players but I don't know one person who watches the IPL. But hey whatever, good luck with your opinion :)

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I don't know anyone in real life that likes IPL. I hate it.

I am watching ban vs aus rt now on star cricket highlights and the stadium is almost full empty

Aus vs Bangladesh? From ages ago? That's probably because it was in Darwin.

Terminator

School Cricketer
Ok now I definately disagree with you. The IPL is only popular to Indians, sure people from other countries follow their favourite players but I don't know one person who watches the IPL. But hey whatever, good luck with your opinion :)

IPL is the only popular & talked about tourney here.

The recent ODI Asia Cup was a disaster no one knows who won it.

Dont you think that Pro35 will help to bring in more crowds at the domestic level than domestic 50 ovs does ??

It may also help the associates.

Terminator added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Yeah, I don't know anyone in real life that likes IPL. I hate it.

Aus vs Bangladesh? From ages ago? That's probably because it was in Darwin.

Nop its not ages ago.

What about the recent SA vs WI series in WI ??

Too many empty seats.

and read the prev one in reply for IPL.

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Just because people aren't going doesn't mean people aren't watching. I watched it.

Pro35 won't work because you've got a shitload of stupid rules and restrictions.

Imager36

Club Captain
Qualify your point about it helping the associates. In what way, exactly?

It might bring in bigger crowds than 50 over domestic cricket, but that is why boards are already changing to 40 over domestic cricket, which to go and watch is a bit better because you can have lunch and then go and see the match in the afternoon, but Pro35 is pointless when we already have this form.

The IPL is pretty terrible. It may be popular in India, but from everywhere else, it is just a lot of Indian players we've never heard of as well as some international stars playing cricket to a decent, but never exceptional standard, whilst commentators bark to us about Karbonn Kamaal catches, DLF maximums and Citi Under 23 successes.

Terminator

School Cricketer
Just because people aren't going doesn't mean people aren't watching. I watched it.

Pro35 won't work because you've got a shitload of stupid rules and restrictions.

The only new rule here is the 14 ovs of Spinplay to shorten the match duration by around 40 mins thats all no other rule.

Whats so wrong in it??

Terminator added 4 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Qualify your point about it helping the associates. In what way, exactly?

It might bring in bigger crowds than 50 over domestic cricket, but that is why boards are already changing to 40 over domestic cricket, which to go and watch is a bit better because you can have lunch and then go and see the match in the afternoon, but Pro35 is pointless when we already have this form.

The IPL is pretty terrible. It may be popular in India, but from everywhere else, it is just a lot of Indian players we've never heard of as well as some international stars playing cricket to a decent, but never exceptional standard, whilst commentators bark to us about Karbonn Kamaal catches, DLF maximums and Citi Under 23 successes.

Spinplay rule will certainly help the associates to reduce the gap betw them and big nations as they dont have too many quality pacers.

Pro40 takes 7 hrs to finish whereas Pro35 4.5 hrs only.

and Pro40 runs in empty houses in England.

For IPL read my prev.

Imager36

Club Captain
Pro40s are always pretty popular here if they're scheduled properly. And most sides already do play two spinners, and if I were to see my team, Sussex, play a Pro40 with their top players, I'd expect around about 20 overs of spin in the other team's innings. Pro40 takes around 5 hours to play, as shown by the fact that Sky schedule them into 5 and a half hour slots.

Also, there is no rule barring the associates from playing two spinners at the moment, and a quality seam attack would have already destroyed a lot of their batting order before your 'spinplay' comes in.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
14 overs of spin play is ridiculous though.

Firstly; it gives captains less choice with tactics - they can't use their best spinners to open or close the innings, and they need TWO good spinners to bowl 14 overs in the middle period

Secondly; You are restricting teams to how many bowlers and what type of bowlers they need to pick. Basically by enforcing that they need to have 2 spinners bowling, teams are forced to pick two spinners, or 1 and a part-timer. This means teams can't pick all their best players because they may be forced to leave out a pacer or batsmen for another spinner.

If you get bored of ODI cricket than just don't watch it.

Terminator

School Cricketer
Pro40s are always pretty popular here if they're scheduled properly. And most sides already do play two spinners, and if I were to see my team, Sussex, play a Pro40 with their top players, I'd expect around about 20 overs of spin in the other team's innings. Pro40 takes around 5 hours to play, as shown by the fact that Sky schedule them into 5 and a half hour slots.

Also, there is no rule barring the associates from playing two spinners at the moment, and a quality seam attack would have already destroyed a lot of their batting order before your 'spinplay' comes in.

Spinplay is 14 ovs of continous spin bowling mandatory for both the teams.It will shorten the duration by at least 40-45 mins.

Pro35 may take 3.75-4 hrs to end if Pro40 takes 5

What i want is packed stadia for all the matches.

Pro40 gets 35-50% attendance max.

Pro35 will ensure removal of both T20 & 50 ovs & be the ultimate format.

This will help to maintain the stats and reduce overkill.

Terminator added 6 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

14 overs of spin play is ridiculous though.

Firstly; it gives captains less choice with tactics - they can't use their best spinners to open or close the innings, and they need TWO good spinners to bowl 14 overs in the middle period

Secondly; You are restricting teams to how many bowlers and what type of bowlers they need to pick. Basically by enforcing that they need to have 2 spinners bowling, teams are forced to pick two spinners, or 1 and a part-timer. This means teams can't pick all their best players because they may be forced to leave out a pacer or batsmen for another spinner.

If you get bored of ODI cricket than just don't watch it.

I dont watch ODIs anymore (no one in the city also) .The only cricket i watch nowadays is the first 7 matches of KKR in the IPL.

The spinplay will help the minnows as they dont have quality pacers.

What about it will shorten the game ??

Pro35 will take 3.75 hrs what do you say to that??

It may cricket more strategic & close matches.As people will be eager to see how many runs each team scores in the Sp ply ovs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread