Pro35 Evolution : Cricket's Newest Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I dont watch ODIs anymore (no one in the city also) .The only cricket i watch nowadays is the first 7 matches of KKR in the IPL.

The spinplay will help the minnows as they dont have quality pacers.

What about it will shorten the game ??

Pro35 will take 3.75 hrs what do you say to that??

It may cricket more strategic & close matches.As people will be eager to see how many runs each team scores in the Sp ply ovs.

Well if the only cricket you watch is a little bit of IPL every year then obviously you don't like the sport so why do you care about this?

If the minnows don't have quality pacers nothing is stopping them from picking quality spinners.

And what do I say to it taking '3.75 hours'? I couldn't care less. The game doesn't need to be shortened. If you want a short game go watch T20.

And how does scoring as many runs as possible off the spin play overs make it strategic? Captains can't change the bowlers or anything, they're forced to sit there and watch their spinners take a walloping for 14 overs.

Terminator

School Cricketer
Well if the only cricket you watch is a little bit of IPL every year then obviously you don't like the sport so why do you care about this?

If the minnows don't have quality pacers nothing is stopping them from picking quality spinners.

And what do I say to it taking '3.75 hours'? I couldn't care less. The game doesn't need to be shortened. If you want a short game go watch T20.

And how does scoring as many runs as possible off the spin play overs make it strategic? Captains can't change the bowlers or anything, they're forced to sit there and watch their spinners take a walloping for 14 overs.

I loved every piece of cricket till 2004.

I watched every match of India even if it meant bunking school.

But the non minnows or test nats too will also be forced to pick spinners theres the catch.

T20 is short but without any substance for reasons read the thread again.

This bit is necessary just to shorten the duration which has always been the -ve point of the sport.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Well the catch it stupid.

I'm pretty sure shortening the game from 100 overs to 70 overs will shorten it enough without having spinners bowl for 14 straight overs. It's just making a joke out of the game to shorten it and make restrictions like this because people are too impatient to sit there and watch a proper game of cricket.

We don't need an in between of T20 and ODI cricket. Twenty20 is a joke game which is for those who are too impatient to sit through normal cricket and think it's stupid to have a game go for that long. We don't need a "Pro35" version. Cricket is meant to be an all-day sport. You bat, you field. You have 50 overs to bat. You use your 50 overs wisely to build a score. You have 50 overs to bowl. You use those 50 overs to use your CHOICE of bowlers smartly, when you want - on the basis of who's batting, what the conditions are like and what the match situation is. Not being forced to bowl spinners at a certain point.

It's not meant to happen in 3 hours if you want a proper match. Cricket wasn't made as a 3 hour sport then made longer and longer by officials. It's always been a game of determination, desire and concentration.

Farken.

Imager36

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yep. Real IPL fan. All you want is to see spinners get whacked for the 14 spin play overs, the first 10 fielding restriction overs, and the final 5 overs 'cause it's the end of the innings. That leaves 6 overs where a batsman might be happy with taking a single.

Except, or course, the spinplay might not encourage big hitting. As soon as a good defensive spinner, e.g Mike Yardy comes in and makes batsmen settle for singles, the game is defensive again. All it will do is make almost every spinner defensive.

Terminator

School Cricketer
Well the catch it stupid.

I'm pretty sure shortening the game from 100 overs to 70 overs will shorten it enough without having spinners bowl for 14 straight overs. It's just making a joke out of the game to shorten it and make restrictions like this because people are too impatient to sit there and watch a proper game of cricket.

We don't need an in between of T20 and ODI cricket. Twenty20 is a joke game which is for those who are too impatient to sit through normal cricket and think it's stupid to have a game go for that long. We don't need a "Pro35" version. Cricket is meant to be an all-day sport. You bat, you field. You have 50 overs to bat. You use your 50 overs wisely to build a score. You have 50 overs to bowl. You use those 50 overs to use your CHOICE of bowlers smartly, when you want - on the basis of who's batting, what the conditions are like and what the match situation is. Not being forced to bowl spinners at a certain point.

It's not meant to happen in 3 hours if you want a proper match. Cricket wasn't made as a 3 hour sport then made longer and longer by officials. It's always been a game of determination, desire and concentration.

Farken.

But 8 hrs is too long in this fast paced world.

T20 sacrifices the quality & standards of cricket & its also starting to lose viewers search on the web you will find it.

A bit of Spin Play is the safest way to solve both the above problems.

It will be the Ultimate format.

Debate on the other points too of my thread plz.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
14 overs of continuous spin play is one of the most hilarious ideas I've ever heard. Everytime I read it, or see this fella trying to justify it, it makes me laugh. Completely taking the art of captaincy and tactical bowling changes out of the game. It also prevents teams from picking their best team, as not every team has 2 spinners good enough for International cricket. Pro35 is not needed, it wouldn't bring any more fans in than Pro40 does, it's pointless as a format. It's not short enough for players to feel like they can have a bash like T20, but not long enough to build a proper innings, it's pointless. As for continuous spin play, it's one of the most laughable ideas I've ever heard.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
But 8 hrs is too long in this fast paced world.

T20 sacrifices the quality & standards of cricket & its also starting to lose viewers search on the web you will find it.

A bit of Spin Play is the safest way to solve both the above problems.

It will be the Ultimate format.

Debate on the other points too of my thread plz.

It's not too long.

Pro35 isn't any better than T20. It's still "sacrificing the quality & standards of cricket"

Ultimate format my ass. This will kill cricket more than T20. This is a farken joke. Surely a gee up?

Terminator

School Cricketer
Yep. Real IPL fan. All you want is to see spinners get whacked for the 14 spin play overs, the first 10 fielding restriction overs, and the final 5 overs 'cause it's the end of the innings. That leaves 6 overs where a batsman might be happy with taking a single.

Except, or course, the spinplay might not encourage big hitting. As soon as a good defensive spinner, e.g Mike Yardy comes in and makes batsmen settle for singles, the game is defensive again. All it will do is make almost every spinner defensive.

The spinners will have to improve their quality to not to get whacked + take wickets this will help Art of Spin and result in more Warne & Murulis.

Terminator

School Cricketer
14 overs of continuous spin play is one of the most hilarious ideas I've ever heard. Everytime I read it, or see this fella trying to justify it, it makes me laugh. Completely taking the art of captaincy and tactical bowling changes out of the game. It also prevents teams from picking their best team, as not every team has 2 spinners good enough for International cricket. Pro35 is not needed, it wouldn't bring any more fans in than Pro40 does, it's pointless as a format. It's not short enough for players to feel like they can have a bash like T20, but not long enough to build a proper innings, it's pointless. As for continuous spin play, it's one of the most laughable ideas I've ever heard.

It's not too long.

Pro35 isn't any better than T20. It's still "sacrificing the quality & standards of cricket"

Ultimate format my ass. This will kill cricket more than T20. This is a farken joke. Surely a gee up?

What you are not seeing is the rest 21 ovs. where the captaincy will be tested.

You cant come to any conclusion unless its trialled.

It will help to bridge the gap btwn minnows & test nats i am sure.

Its way better than 2 innings 50 ovs too.

Spinplay is only meant to shorten the duration and test the skills of a spinner without sacrificing the score.

Its better than empty stadiums and slambam & disbalance of INT calender & lack of a proper stable format.

And more of one sided 50 ovs games.

Terminator added 3 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

It will make cricket more entertaining if 2 batsmen get centuries or a batman gets a 150+ score like 163* unlike 105 or 120 in T20s & a bowler gets 6-7 wickets.This will make the match statistics more substantial the word is subtance which T20 doesnt have at all.

What do you say to this??

T20 is too short for atleast 2 batsmen to get centuries (which has happened a lot of times in ODIs) or a batsman to score 150+ in an innings and too short for a bowler to take 6-7 wickets whereas it takes 7.5 hours for an ODI (50 ovs) to end too boring.

Last edited:

Terminator

School Cricketer
Nop it will help to make cricket a global game.

Theres no point of having high standards if only 8 nations play well.

It will be cool if more nations play well.

Give points against above.

It will help bowling standards though.

Last edited:

darthlewis1

Club Captain
No this is just a stupid idea, your obviously not a proper cricket fan if you just watch a bit of the ipl. If you can't be bothered to watch a odi you can't like cricket that much. Pro35 would be another pointless format achieving nothing, if your to impatient to watch some proper cricket just stick to the ipl.

Terminator

School Cricketer
No this is just a stupid idea, your obviously not a proper cricket fan if you just watch a bit of the ipl. If you can't be bothered to watch a odi you can't like cricket that much. Pro35 would be another pointless format achieving nothing, if your to impatient to watch some proper cricket just stick to the ipl.

Maybe why you guys are saying all this is bcoz Aussies are 4 time ODI WC Champions.

A Bollywood movie which is more than 3 hours is a flop or critcised nowadays how do you expect us to watch 8 hrs of odi cricket.

But I am not the only one :

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/cricket-discussion/death-odi-cricket-67851.html

Falling Twenty20 crowds worry county chairmen | England Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Just give answers to the above links.

Pro35 is the only way which will help the associates without sacrificing cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread