Problems with official patch

Moley

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
After running the .exe file for the official Codemasters patch I get an error message 'Wrong disc inserted' when I try to play the game. I always end up having to reinstall and presumably I then lose the benefit of the updated files. I have tried using maximum and minimum installations and still the same thing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

keheric

School Cricketer
I've had the same problem, did you get the ?5 sold out version? I bought that and the patch on the disc didn't work so I tried downloading it instead and that didnt work. Has anyone else had the same problem? if so was it with the sold out version or the normal 'non-budget' version?
Oh, if anyone knows how to get around this problem please, plllease tell us all!

Cheers

hposter

School Cricketer
what's the size of your software.exe file? it's in BLC directory. If it's > 1MB, it's probably a cracked version. The official patch won't work.

Ste (old)

Club Cricketer
Doesnt the Sold Out version have the official patch allready implimented?

Moley

School Cricketer
In the interests of testing this out, what was the most obvious fault that the patch was supposed to correct?

hposter

School Cricketer
It has fixes for wides, helmet cam following bowling cursor, etc.

Moley

School Cricketer
Just reinstalled the game again. You seem to be able to bowl as wide as you like without getting called and the helmet cam view doesn't follow the cursor.

Users who are viewing this thread