Tutorial Provisional Ball Texture Template (+ Bonus: My Custom Yellow/Orange Black-Seamed Ball)

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here is a template I have made for the WhiteBallTextureLR.png texture found in Shapes\ball. It needs some tweaking (the seam needs to be either wider or thinner) but the principles are sound; the seam runs horizontally along the bottom whilst the two sides of the ball are vertical and adjacent, although the "centres" are opposed. See my yellow/orange ball for clarification if required. Note that this only changes the ball you play with- the rotating bowling gadget "ball" must use a different texture (and if anybody knows what it is please tell).

attachment.php

To use the custom ball, creates a folder named "Shapes" in your "data" folder (found at "Cricket Revolution\system\data"), and then create a "ball" folder in said "Shapes" folder. Then, simply put "WhiteBallTextureLR.png" into the newly created "ball" folder". Then, your ball will look like this:

attachment.php

Enjoy! Thank sundeep for demonstrating texture replacement!

EDIT: I chose yellow and orange because I think they were contemplating those colours, along with pink, as new colours for balls (perhaps to be used in t20). They scrapped the idea because they wore differently except for the pink one which I think they used for a women's game, or a charity game for breast cancer research or something.

Attachments

• WhiteBallTextureLR.png
    WhiteBallTextureLR.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 66
  • TEMPLATE_WhiteBallTextureLR.jpg
    TEMPLATE_WhiteBallTextureLR.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 232
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Your doing some much appreciated work mate, thanks

jot15

Club Cricketer
nice work going keep it up

jot15 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

nice work

Users who are viewing this thread