PS2 to USB Controller Converter

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys. andrew_nixon advised me to buy the "PS2 to USB Controller Converter", so I could play my PC CD ROM games with a PS2 controller. I'm having a few technical difficulties with it, and was wondering wether anyone could help. On my FIFA 2003 demo, It recognises the controller fine but the controls are messed up (Circle is to pass and change player, when it should be X) and it always vibrates. It's hard to play games when the controller is always on vibration. In my UEFA Champions League 2004-2005 Demo, the controller still vibrates but the controls are fine. In all my games the controller seems to have a mind of its own, as its as if its pushing the up and down buttons all the time. I'd really like to get this working, would anybody be able to help or will I have to ask the manufactures (Play.com and Joytech)

Skateboarder2

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The controls will be different, as the defaults for the PC will be different than the defaults for the PS2. If you can redfine them, do so.

For the vibration, check in Game Controllers in your Control Panel. The calibration settings may also help with the "mind of it's own" problem.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Still no luck. I'm never going back to the keyboard. HELP!

Hicksy551993

Club Captain
i got one of these the other week, only troubles i have had is one or two of my games dont recognise the controller at all but recognise my old one

westam47

School Cricketer
I play with the Logitech Dual Action Gamepad for all my PC games (Cricket, FIFA,Pro Evolution). No problems at all with this pad - I find it works great. You can pick one up for ?20 or even cheaper if you look on ebay.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

I am talking about a Playstation 2 controller, not a regular PC games controller. Under game controllers it tells me that the hardware is installed and working properly. Something can't be right with it. I don't understand andrew_nixon's second question. Please reword it. :onpc

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Skateboarder2 said:
I am talking about a Playstation 2 controller, not a regular PC games controller. Under game controllers it tells me that the hardware is installed and working properly. Something can't be right with it. I don't understand andrew_nixon's second question. Please reword it. :onpc
Check properties of the controller, in the game controllers screen.

My second question is quite simple. 1) Were there any drivers that came with the adaptor. If yes, 2) did you install them.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The properties say it is fine. Now gonna test it with uefacl20042005demo and will post back.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah there was a test page. I pressed all the buttons on both controllers- absolutely fine.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Review

I have played UEFA Champions League 2004-2005 Demo with the PS2 to USB Controller Converter and have solved the 'Mind of Its Own' problem by putting two controllers in at the same time. It is now clear and acts like Playstation 2 controls. The controls were also very good, with an exact replica of the Playstation 2 version's controls. The only remaining problem is that the controller is still vibrating all the time. If anyone who owns or knows a lot about these could answer this, I would be very grateful and some reputation points would be in order. I need to review Boss's Cool Gameplay Patch using this but need to get this working properly first. Imagine how annoying it would be with the controller vibrating throughout an entire Test or 50 overs Match. Please help. :upray

Users who are viewing this thread