PS3/360 Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

grkrama

National Board President
I for one would be willing to pay some bucs over to BA , if it means I get a needed patch months quicker than what would otherwise be the case.

Its not just about money, even if its crowd sourced it will still take time for submission , testing etc extra bucks wouldn't change much in that process. These platforms are just not easy to deploy patches like steam were they can just push it quickly.

On steam we have had like more than 10 revisions in the last phase alone for patch 3. so hypothetically lets say the consoles charge like 10000$ for a submission, would it be ideal to have these many revisions there, certainly not both in-terms of money as well as time for each update to process.

Also i believe BIGANT should rebrand these as updates instead of patch. only the first couple would fall under patch fixes.

Last edited:

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Why I`m mentioning money , is because of BigAnt`s limited resources that they had available to do anything for this patch .

There was a long lull , for many months , before they could even start Patching work on Number 3 .

What I`m saying , is if BA had XXXX amount of money suddenly being available , they could have then dedicated at least 1 x programmer in the mean time for the patch , whilst everyone else was tied up .

I am fully aware of all the small little incremental patches on PC Platform that happened on each Friday for almost two months on end Grkrama , I frequent this site each day.

Hope you understand what I actually meant.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Why I`m mentioning money , is because of BigAnt`s limited resources that they had available to do anything for this patch .

There was a long lull , for many months , before they could even start Patching work on Number 3 .

What I`m saying , is if BA had XXXX amount of money suddenly being available , they could have then dedicated at least 1 x programmer in the mean time for the patch , whilst everyone else was tied up .

I am fully aware of all the small little incremental patches on PC Platform that happened on each Friday for almost two months on end Grkrama , I frequent this site each day.

The point is that it's not possible on the console platforms because their whole submission process is geared to preventing unstable patches.

grkrama

National Board President

The point im making is its not practical to have rolling updates on Consoles unless you are super rich and and super influential in the league of like say EA or UBI.

The long Delay was more due to them having to concentrate on having their products rolled out on consoles and TTC.Its combo of their time and resources to something that will earn them more or something that is just a Todo list.

Dont want to get into an argument but just merely pointing out that if we are actually crowdfunding BA to have more resources than they already have, it would have to amount to a lot more than just resources to have just one programmer up, it would mean for BA to have a separate division dedicated for this. So if anyone is up for funding for that then cool but to me it sounds impractical.

Also just cause we didn't get patches doesnt mean they weren't working on it at-least partially.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The point im making is its not practical to have rolling updates on Consoles unless you are super rich and and super influential in the league of like say EA or UBI.

i have never heard of EA or UBI delivering "beta" patches to select users on consoles? how would they pass submission?

grkrama

National Board President
i have never heard of EA or UBI delivering "beta" patches to select users on consoles? how would they pass submission?

more like some quick hot fixes if things go wrong, certainly consoles dont have beta branches afaik. I meant 'rolling updates' in terms of number of patches and the swiftness in process of getting them out.

ex: Grand Theft Auto V Title Update Information – Rockstar Support

they seem to be able to get couple of updates in a matter of 4-5 days when they want etc

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
more like some quick hot fixes if things go wrong, certainly consoles dont have beta branches afaik. I meant 'rolling updates' in terms of number of patches and the swiftness in process of getting them out.

ex: Grand Theft Auto V Title Update Information – Rockstar Support

they seem to be able to get couple of updates in a matter of 4-5 days when they want etc

But I'm talking about Acid Burns idea - it's not possible regardless of money

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
To put it plain , I never thought to use the Crowd funding to get Beta patches out to the Console`s , because according to my knowledge its impossible to do in anycase .

I simply thought with more money at BA`s disposal , they could allocate more resources (manpower) to the actual Patch 3 work , thus starting the whole weekly update process (via Steam ) say , 6 months earlier .

This will then result in the Consoles getting it earlier , because the "final" Patch 3 that can be submitted to Sony/MS can be ready quicker because of starting 6 months earlier with the whole process.

fulhamfan

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
i have an xbox 360 and am thinking of buying this game as the cricket season is coming to an end and I need my cricket fix!

is it worth buying or is it bad. the reviews say it is buggy as hell?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i have an xbox 360 and am thinking of buying this game as the cricket season is coming to an end and I need my cricket fix!

is it worth buying or is it bad. the reviews say it is buggy as hell?
There are a few bugs (nothing major) but yes if you're a cricket fan then you should definitely buy it.

fulhamfan

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Ok cool.
Is there licensed teams and players on xbox version?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No, but you can get real-life players through the Academy - we have a thread here where we recommend the best available player-created teams available if you have the time to go through it - there is a "get best" feature which automatically downloads the highest rated teams but its misnamed because it downloads teams that aren't that good.

TanVeer7

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
My Xbox gets hang when I select DBC academy option while creating a player or when I try to replace my player with other player my Xbox freeze sometime.. Is der anyone facing same problem? If yes then let me know..

Flapjack

Club Captain
Not sure if this is a known bug, or just a one-off but this was given out 'bowled'

Apologies for rubbish quality of video.

Playing an ODI in Melbourne, England V Australia (AI) on PS3

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I already straightened it for you.

I love this internet classic. "I expressed my opinion, I'm allowed to do that, it's what we do here!". Wrong. You're absolutely allowed your opinion, you're also allowed to be comprehensively and immediately shot down when it's wrong.

Um, you did...

...you should read your own material sometimes.

Geez, I wonder if that might have something to do with the oft-mentioned COSTS involved in doing that for a small developer? I wonder if it might have something to do with crowd-sourcing bug testing (for free) from a dedicated few here on PC.map as well as the developer team at BigAnt chosing to get it right on PC before throwing it out to the console crowd, at their expensive, to only get reamed when it comes back with more bugs and tweaks needed? Your assertion that you're "shafted" is absolutely ridiculous given you've already had 2 patches already on consoles, further DAILY support here on PC.jet from developers who not only frequent this very thread, the thread you claim isn't worth posting in (but did anyway) but also visit all the other threads, provide support, feedback and community assistance for both PC and Console issues, take on board the pages of feedback and suggestions from this community, one that has absolutely no affiliation with the developer outside of Matt now being their coffee boy in the office...

I mean COME ON.

Put it this way; How many AAA sports game developers support their titles over a year after release for free, interacting with the community on a daily basis and pushing patches out on PC tweaking the in-game system to get the best outta what they had in the box?

Get back to me with a comprehensive list and citations.

Nobody is saying you can't. What I am saying is your assertion that, in your own words you shouldn't...

Is absolute nonsense, nothing but trolling to get attention and now you're whinging because you got called on your bullshit.

This game has plenty of niggles and things that could do with tweaking or patching, their community support and constant, nay, daily feedback and participation at PlanetCricket.yeti is not one of them and I'll stand up and back them 100% every time someone like you wants to throw mud at them for their community support focus, which has been a HUGE part of their presence here and we will all suffer if morons like you don't get called on it now, because they won't show up with the same gusto next time around otherwise.

Move along.

I almost read your whole response but then I remembered I didn't care... I've since been having a whale of a time playing outside and getting to know my inner child. Peace out

Users who are viewing this thread