Question for Heath Smith regarding Fielding maps in test matches

azkhan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Heath,

I posted this in another thread but I don?t think it?s been seen. I wondering if Trickstar games are able to create a patch for the game which allows the pace bowlers fielding maps to be improved for Test Matches? I think the game is great and a great update from AC09, well done guys:clap. The problem I am talking about was present in AC09 and only affects the pace bowlers field maps including medium fast/medium bowlers etc in test matches. The problem is all the types of fields e.g. defensive, attacking and balanced are nearly all the same as each other. Defensive and balance are near identical to Attacking fields.

Normally the defensive fielding maps would have players spread around the pitch and also more players on the boundary line. ODI and 20/20 fielding maps for pace bowlers are fine when fielding restrictions have lifted. Spin bowlers in test matches have better field maps but for some reason pace bowlers field maps are very similar to attacking maps. I must admit I think the AI has improved in test as they bat superbly but I just think the field maps we have are not right and it?s also what the Ai use against us. Please can a patch be done to correct the fielding maps for all types of seam bowlers in test matches?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Hi Heath,

I posted this in another thread but I don’t think it’s been seen. I wondering if Trickstar games are able to create a patch for the game which allows the pace bowlers fielding maps to be improved for Test Matches? I think the game is great and a great update from AC09, well done guys:clap. The problem I am talking about was present in AC09 and only affects the pace bowlers field maps including medium fast/medium bowlers etc in test matches. The problem is all the types of fields e.g. defensive, attacking and balanced are nearly all the same as each other. Defensive and balance are near identical to Attacking fields.

Normally the defensive fielding maps would have players spread around the pitch and also more players on the boundary line. ODI and 20/20 fielding maps for pace bowlers are fine when fielding restrictions have lifted. Spin bowlers in test matches have better field maps but for some reason pace bowlers field maps are very similar to attacking maps. I must admit I think the AI has improved in test as they bat superbly but I just think the field maps we have are not right and it’s also what the Ai use against us. Please can a patch be done to correct the fielding maps for all types of seam bowlers in test matches?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

Azkhan, it seems that you've obviously played it (waiting for my copy in NZ). I totally agree with you about poor fielding maps being an annoying problem, particularly in '09.

Can I just ask you. Have the maps been improved at all from '09? I mean in just about all game modes there were several almost identical maps in attacking, balanced and defensive fields. So, many repeated themselves exactly (and I mean not one change) that I was just about tearing my hair out and would be very greatful for a review of the new field maps across T20, ODI and Test please?

I accept that you have already revealed that some of the new ones are poor and need some new improved options, but as they stand are they already marginally better than '09?

Please let me know the state of things.

azkhan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Azkhan, it seems that you've obviously played it (waiting for my copy in NZ). I totally agree with you about poor fielding maps being an annoying problem, particularly in '09.

Can I just ask you. Have the maps been improved at all from '09? I mean in just about all game modes there were several almost identical maps in attacking, balanced and defensive fields. So, many repeated themselves exactly (and I mean not one change) that I was just about tearing my hair out and would be very greatful for a review of the new field maps across T20, ODI and Test please?

I accept that you have already revealed that some of the new ones are poor and need some new improved options, but as they stand are they already marginally better than '09?

Please let me know the state of things.

Hi C A Iversen,

from what iv seen all the fielding maps are the same or very similar to AC09 across all the formats.

Users who are viewing this thread