Quick question about Career team allegiance

Bahger

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am playing in the Australian season and after a successful stint with the Victoria Bushrangers I have been recruited to play T20 cricket for another team. I do not know how the system works; will I still play in 4-day matches in Australia, if so, for which team? And where so I stand as far as playing again for my original team, Kent CCC is concerned? In Career mode, are you a total cricketing mercenary or can you see seasons through with one team (I think I played only for Kent in my first season but that was because I did not get any other offers until the season appeared to be over). I cannot tell when a season is over; is it when you receive new offers from other teams? The signing-on bonus is a big incentive to accept offers and of course I want to play test cricket for England, but will I spend the rest of my career flitting about like this? Many thanks.

Ren

Club Captain
You are a Kent player, that base team doesn't change. Each season you're selected for IPL and all AUS teams you are offered a 1 season contract by interested teams.

Bahger

Club Cricketer
Thank you. But when do I get to play English county cricket again, for Kent?

Ren

Club Captain
You're welcome @Bahger

Start of the next season you'll be back with Kent for the English domestic season. Think of the other leagues as your off season contracts :)

If you look at your current competition (X button) or other competitions from the career menu ("Y" on 360 controller) you can check upcoming rounds and therefore how far away the end of the season for that type of match will be.

Bear in mind you can only view competitions you're selected for and series your international team has played.

Bahger

Club Cricketer
Thanks again for the useful info. I have a follow-up question/observation: I am playing the T20 series in Australia, having accepted the invitation, but in my stats it still says "Awaiting Selection" for T20. Also, I am baffled by the batting stats that get shown as my innings is about to begin. They do not seem to reflect the specific league/game type I am playing, yet neither do they seem to be career stats. Can anyone enlighten me?

Ren

Club Captain
Thanks again for the useful info. I have a follow-up question/observation: I am playing the T20 series in Australia, having accepted the invitation, but in my stats it still says "Awaiting Selection" for T20. Also, I am baffled by the batting stats that get shown as my innings is about to begin. They do not seem to reflect the specific league/game type I am playing, yet neither do they seem to be career stats. Can anyone enlighten me?

The selection status is a snapshot of what to expect based on your current abilities and your past performances. It does seem strange that you can be "Expecting selection" after you're selected, but if you play well it will change to regular member, core member or star member eventually. Think of them as your career player's expectations if the teams were re-selected right now.

I've noticed the same issue with career stats when walking to the wicket, along with commentators often saying it's your debut when it's not. I guess just ignore it for now, only a minor issue and big ant have been investing so much time in making the gameplay better I for one don't mind if they leave this one for later :)

Users who are viewing this thread