Rahul Dravid - The Forgotten Hero - Completes 15 years of Test Cricket

Gurjot95

National Board President
Rahul Dravid has completed 15 years of his Test Cricket today. Always got ignored by performance from Sachin, but this man teach India how to win outside, the man who never complained anything, the man who always has been great on and off field character. Let's Salute to this Legend, atleast today if we all are going to ignore him in matches. Not even Cricinfo has article on this.

rahul_dravid.gif

Last edited:

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
i don't think dravid is a forgotten hero exactly, he has had plenty of plaudits over the years. but there is nothing he can do about being over shadowed by Tendulkar, who isn't?
Anyway congrats to the man. In his prime he was definitely the Wall.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
yeah! yeh baat! :thumbs

It's been hard watching him over the last 2 years or so but he's still my hero. Will not start any debates. This is not about Sachin. They are both two great players and there's no need to compare them. India has been so fortunate that they were blessed by their presence within the same generation. It doesn't matter who is better or worse as long as it benefits team India and I think it's fairly obvious that Rahul Dravid has been instrumental in more than one of the India's victories over the years.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Dravid is one of my all time favorites. He is best technician of this era. His temperament is also incomparable to any player of his era. I only wish he knows the right time to call it a day.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:thumbs

My favourite Indian test cricketer until he retired from tests, and ODI cricketer until the 2007 world cup, he is in a league of his own. Love him!

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He always gets starts but throws them away in last few months. Very Non-Dravid behavior. Lets hope he scores a big hundred here :clap

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I would also like to affirm Dravid's awesomeness. :thumbs Extremely underrated career.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its great that Dravid is batting very well right now in the ongoing test against WI on a tough pitch. Typical Dravid - when others find it tough to score, this guy always scores. LEGEND!! If he had been born in some other country, he would have enjoyed as much of an iconic status as Tendulkar, in test cricket.

----------

I would also like to affirm Dravid's awesomeness. :thumbs Extremely underrated career.

Agreed. Its unfortunate for him that he was born in a country like India and in the land of Sachin Tendulkar.:D

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Atleast he got a chance to represent the country. Due to the Fab 4(Sachin,Dravid,Ganguly and Laxman), a lot of players have started and finished there career in FC cricket only. :p
We are extremely lucky to be blessed with such high quality batsmen in the same era. Definitely a freak of nature and fate. ;)

Back to the test match, Yup he's batting brilliantly apart from that one wide ball he chased, thanks Sammy for dropping a sitter. :D Its surprising how when Sachin is in the squad i wish for 2nd wicket to fall soon so that i can watch master bat. :p And that wicket is usually Dravid as his partner would either be Gambhir or Sehwag who play attacking cricket. But now without Sachin, I wish him to bat long coz i don't trust the young guns yet.

vet_m

Club Cricketer
Rahul dravid ..
1.One of the best ball blocking techniques.
2.Drives the ball well.
3.Good Concentration.

but confined only to tests and ODI not 20-20.

Users who are viewing this thread