Rain is possible in c2k2! - yes

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
Online Cricket Games Owned
Need do little bit of HEX editing.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
please enlighten us on this sam as Andrew the EA Sports producer has said that they didn't have time to implement this in the current version ?

sam2002

oh sure
since there is weather bug, u can't see the rain in tests.(real test mode)
there are some comm sounds files,in-game menu files.there are 3 types .low possiblity ,med possiblity and high possiblity.if u look at the match conditions menu when u play a match,there a rain possiblity = = NO.
should find the offset of the rain possiblity in saved game files.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
oh, so what you are saying is that after starting a test match - save it, then using a hex editor (or shailesh's gamtweak if it did such a thing) and alter the setting for rain probability to high etc

The problem then would be if any code was written to actually implement rain in the game. If no code was written to check the rain probability value & act upon it, then I guess we are stuffed ???

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
That's right Zim..they may have unused items (like they have reverse sweep etc.) but if there is no code, we won't get anything.

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Well... amit(who is a new member of these forums) swore to me in person that he had seen some rain in the game after he accidently edited something in the game tweaker program and saw some rain...he mentioned that the rain possibility chance changed from "none" to "random" and he got some rain.He went into great details and told me about the commentary,clocks,covers etc.I ofcourse can't tell if he was lying(it didn't sound like that to me) but i think we should try to find if there's any truth in this story.

Cheers.</span>

Edited By ritwikgames on 1031143699

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
[color=#000000:post_uid14]hmm..I am inclined to find that out now..will keep you guys posted. ???[/color]

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid14'>I am playing a test match with "HIGH" possibility of rain as I type..If I do see rain, next version of GamTweak will have it and will be released right here :cool:</span>

sam2002

yes shailesh
it is in offset 120-130.it is getting a bit darker.wat u think?.

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
I can't wait!!Try to capture a screen shot of the rain,please!
Shailesh,I hope c2002 online will get the new version of the game tweaker first!

amit

School Cricketer
[color=#000000:post_uid1]guys i have seen rain[/color]

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid14'>OK, the story so far..

- I managed to tweak the rain forcast..so in game it shows rain forcast = average/high etc. in match conditions.
- The screen shows correct icon in place of usual rain - 'none'.
- At the start of the match Ritchie said "there is chance of rain later on..so we won't get full day play"
- During play, it got dark..I could tell it from the clouds..they changed.

But still I haven't seen rain :angry: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH</span>

Users who are viewing this thread