Random Thoughts

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Kinda sat in a corner for the last week or so. Now catching up with current affairs.

Hope all the guys/gals from Pakistan are safe from the floods. I’m reading like close to 30m people affected!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Too early to post?

Pleasant day to you sir, please do elaborate on what your take is on this picture? Cuz honestly I am not sure what to make of it!

Your probably not aware upon her death she was the Head of State of a couple Caribbean islands.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pleasant day to you sir, please do elaborate on what your take is on this picture? Cuz honestly I am not sure what to make of it!

Your probably not aware upon her death she was the Head of State of a couple Caribbean islands.
Perhaps one small word by her, "sorry", with regards to the trillions (in today's money) plundered, and the millions mercilessly killed, in the service of racist colonialism, would have earned her more respect.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Perhaps one small word by her, "sorry", with regards to the trillions (in today's money) plundered, and the millions mercilessly killed, in the service of racist colonialism, would have earned her more respect.
Slavery and indentureship was well way over by the time she became Queen though. Short time after most of the British Empire would go on to be liberated from the crown.

Dont get me wrong I fully understand what you mean but to blame all those atrocities on one figure head is just wrong.

Are you awaiting an apology from King Charles shortly then?

Some states wish today they never got Independence.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Slavery and indentureship was well way over by the time she became Queen though.
Then it would have been much easier, and an easy path to earning respect for her and the institution, for her to simply apologise for the atrocities of the past.
Dont get me wrong I fully understand what you mean but to blame all those atrocities on one figure head is just wrong.
Never blamed it on her, but i blame her for never apologising. She and her nation profited from it till her passing.
Are you awaiting an apology from King Charles shortly then?
Yes.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Then it would have been much easier, and an easy path to earning respect for her and the institution, for her to simply apologise for the atrocities of the past.

Never blamed it on her, but i blame her for never apologising. She and her nation profited from it till her passing.

Yes.
On that thought then the entire European continent should apologise for carving up the African continent as well. USA should apologise for destabilizing the middle east, Pakistan to the Bengals…….Germans ever apologise to the Jews?

For what 200 years now theyre been asking for an apology from the Royal Family, even if they did or do apologise in the future what does that do? Absolutely nothing in my opinion.

History long before the English tells the facts of rulers and empires built through nefarious means and atrocities against the common man. Learn to live with it and move on. Harboring hate and ill will gets you no where.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
On that thought then the entire European continent should apologise for carving up the African continent as well. USA should apologise for destabilizing the middle east, Pakistan to the Bengals
Yes. They should.
Germans ever apologise to the Jews?
Yes, of course they did.
For what 200 years now theyre been asking for an apology from the Royal Family, even if they did or do apologise in the future what does that do? Absolutely nothing in my opinion.
It is the absolute bare minimum, and they can't even do that. That is the point.
History long before the English tells the facts of rulers and empires built through nefarious means and atrocities against the common man. Learn to live with it and move on. Harboring hate and ill will gets you no where.
History changes.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yes. They should.

Yes, of course they did.

It is the absolute bare minimum, and they can't even do that. That is the point.

History changes.
I really dont see an apology making any sense, but I know many agree with you including current heads from the common wealth nations requesting an apology over the years.

After the German apology I take it the nest demand now are repatriations? Poland alone may well be worth more than the Germans could handle, what then? India ask the Royal family for return of their gold as well? Is that the end game?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I really dont see an apology making any sense, but I know many agree with you including current heads from the common wealth nations requesting an apology over the years.

After the German apology I take it the nest demand now are repatriations? Poland alone may well be worth more than the Germans could handle, what then? India ask the Royal family for return of their gold as well? Is that the end game?
Your argument seems to be "it’s too complicated to deal with the legacy of racist colonialism, so we should let it be".
And Germany has already paid reparations.

Users who are viewing this thread