Random Thoughts

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I'm a number 11 batsman so I find spinners easy if they don't flight the ball. If they flight it, I will get stumped because I just go for a wild slog and miss the ball altogether.

P

pcfan123

Even 70mph is too fast for me, I am comfortable at 60-65 at max. Anything higher and I cannot play with a straight bat anymore. I bet if I had started earlier I could play higher speeds but I first picked up a bat in my 20s

P

pcfan123

I played baseball up to the Varsity level and football up till the end of junior high

ARay

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm a number 11 batsman so I find spinners easy if they don't flight the ball. If they flight it, I will get stumped because I just go for a wild slog and miss the ball altogether.

Sadly, I normally come number 3 or 4. So I end up facing the darn spinners :mad:
Especially since my team mates depend on me to hold the innings together I cannot go for a slog fest :(

P

pcfan123

I hope you are talking about real cricket because if its a tennis ball then it does not count :p

ARay

County Cricketer
I hope you are talking about real cricket because if its a tennis ball then it does not count :p

Of course real cricket ball. :yes
Sadly haven't played in a while now. :noway
Studies have forced cricket to take a back seat.
Sigh.

P

pcfan123

Lol, now you started it Treva, all the Indians are going to come rushing telling us that if we don't end up being doctors or engineers we are failures :laugh

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I was planning on taking a break from Saturdays during June with my A2 exams almost here, but because of my immense form I have decided to continue playing. Here's hoping I still get into uni :D

ARay

County Cricketer
I was planning on taking a break from Saturdays during June with my A2 exams almost here, but because of my immense form I have decided to continue playing. Here's hoping I still get into uni :D

Treva haven't you already applied? I mean university applications close by December and you get an offer by now.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah but it is a conditional offer. I need to get BBC grades to get into my first choice uni, Lincoln, and BCC to get into Derby.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Lol, now you started it Treva, all the Indians are going to come rushing telling us that if we don't end up being doctors or engineers we are failures :laugh

Tsk, stereotypes. :p It's more the parents who want their children to be stuff like that.

I never really played cricket - I did play, until it got banned in my school when I was in Grade 6, and the serious training only started in Grade 5, so was disappointing. I was an opening batsman, but I was generally chosen for my fielding. The ban eventually forced me to switch to football, athletics and swimming in school. Dubai is quite horrid, school-wise, in terms of facilities.

Users who are viewing this thread