Random Thoughts

Someone once said we had Marlon Samuels on here. Not sure if that was true.

One instance I do know of is we had a SL first-class spinner on here. He was very critical of one of the BAS games and backed that up with his playing experience.
Just saw this post, we had a Zimbabwean cricketer, if I remember correctly some of us me & @CremerCurrans had a chat with him, he was playing U19 cricket few years back for Zimbabwe. @CremerCurrans do you remember him, if I am able to find it will post the screenshot of our chat.

Just saw this post, we had a Zimbabwean cricketer, if I remember correctly some of us me & @CremerCurrans had a chat with him, he was playing U19 cricket few years back for Zimbabwe. @CremerCurrans do you remember him, if I am able to find it will post the screenshot of our chat.
Yes, that is correct. I believe it was Brandon Diplock. :)

Can Urdu speakers list Hindi among the languages they speak, and vice versa?

Can Urdu speakers list Hindi among the languages they speak, and vice versa?
If you're asking for opinions, yes. They can speak it almost fluently. Should Urdu speakers list Hindi among the languages they can read and write in, and vice versa? No, because they can't.

If you're asking for opinions, yes. They can speak it almost fluently. Should Urdu speakers list Hindi among the languages they can read and write in, and vice versa? No, because they can't.
Just asking about speaking orally. For example, can i put Hindi among the languages i speak on mv CV? Just a thought that popped in my mind.

Just asking about speaking orally. For example, can i put Hindi among the languages i speak on mv CV? Just a thought that popped in my mind.

I’d assume that your potential employer would take it as you knowing Hindi in written format to an extent as well as knowing that you speak it.

Funfact:

Native Urdu speakers can easily mention Hindi as a known language.
However, native Hindi speakers can't imagine putting Urdu as a known language.

I’d assume that your potential employer would take it as you knowing Hindi in written format to an extent as well as knowing that you speak it.
You can put in 'Hindi (spoken efficiency)' in the CV

You can always clear it during an interview incase the question of reading/writing arises.
Thanks. Although not looking for a job right now, just wondered if I can include it as a flex :laughter:

Users who are viewing this thread