Rate my singing!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I made this quite a few years back now - just converted it to MP3 today. Bloody awful mic. so I couldn't really go for it - I'm hoping to get a decent mic. so I can upload my real singing. What do you guys think - be honest; I've received criticism before and it doesn't bother me - as I said it's from a few years back as well. :)

Edit: The timing is all over the place in the second half of the song - for some reason when I put the vocals with the backing track, they wouldn't align correctly. Not too bad in the first half. :)

Edit: Never mind the download now - I've uploaded it to youtube. :)

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Awww... 29 people have viewed the thread and no-one has had a listen? I'm really disappointed... :crying

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I've actually downloaded it, but had to use the bathroom when it finished :laugh

Listened to it now though, your playing is brilliant. I like the spin your voice has put on it. You've got the same problem I have though, whenever I have to sing a word starting with R I sound a bit retarded

Gotta say, I hate Elton John though :laugh

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I've actually downloaded it, but had to use the bathroom when it finished :laugh

Listened to it now though, your playing is brilliant. I like the spin your voice has put on it. You've got the same problem I have though, whenever I have to sing a word starting with R I sound a bit retarded

Gotta say, I hate Elton John though :laugh

Ha ha, that's not my playing mate - it's a backing track. Voice is all mine though. I know what you mean about the R thing - I've tried to eliminate that, but it just won't have it. :(

Edit: Thanks for listening. :) I'm hoping to get a decent mic. soon and put some better stuff up.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Doh :O

You can play guitar though right?

I've only been playing about five months, so that's very much in its infancy, but I can already sing and play at the same time. I'll definitely upload some of that at some point as well. :)

P

pcfan123

Wow dude that was pretty awesome. You definitely have a good singing voice, and great song choice as well. Jealous :p

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Thanks buddy. :) When I can get myself a good mic, I'll upload some swing as well - I've been told by professional singing teachers that I am very good at that. If I can tie guitar into it, I'm sure I can yet make something of it. The problem is, I am one of those singers who doesn't know what to do with their hands - having a guitar in them will solve that little problem. :)

Edit: You're a much better pianist than me. :D

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Id like to hear you sing some easier tunes, early beatles stuff etc.

How are you going about singing and playing guitar?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Id like to hear you sing some easier tunes, early beatles stuff etc.

How are you going about singing and playing guitar?

My first singing/guitar combo will most likely be 'Something' by the Beatles. I've got the verses down, but the chorus won't be there for a bit - there are a ton of barre chords in it, so the changes aren't anywhere near fluent yet. :)

I could do 'Let it Be' though. Need to get down my music shop and get their advice on a mic. Can't afford to buy an expensive one though - just need one that'll allow me to sing properly without worrying about distortion too much.

Edit: As long as the strumming patterns aren't too complicated, I can sing and play at the same time without problems - but I've gone past the phase of only being able to sing to: down > down > down > down.

Just thought of another one - Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton. :)

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

A good singing song with simple strum patterns is Good Riddance by Green Day

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
\Green Day are the shiz :)

Try some Living End stuff. Chris Cheney is fairly godly and there are a few easy songs of theirs.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Nice suggestion - it doesn't sound as though it has that many chords (Good Riddance).

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A good singing song with simple strum patterns is Good Riddance by Green Day

Wonderwall by Oasis is pretty simple too

But yes Good Riddance would be pretty good too.

Users who are viewing this thread