Release blic 99 with new graphics and sounds

simran3

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey codies why cant you re-release the classic cult game blic 99. :mad:

Its got everything all you have to do is spruce up the graphics to 07 levels and its perfect .

What do you guys think about this ?

Top Score

School Cricketer
simran3 said:
Hey codies why cant you re-release the classic cult game blic 99. :mad:

Its got everything all you have to do is spruce up the graphics to 07 levels and its perfect .

What do you guys think about this ?

BLC 99 is now virtually any EA game from 2002 onwards. Seeing the main dude (Jeremy Wellard) behind BLC 99 is now the main guy at HB-Studios I don't think codies will ever go down that path. He probably took the source code with him and sold his soul and code to EA ;)

simran3

Club Captain
Dude the programmers at codemasters need to get a CT scan done , just to make sure they don't have any brain damage.

Why did they let the guy go , no wonder all their games suck. I mean 2005 was like almost there, untill you started hitting 6's to with a fine leg glance .

These guys need to be given a education on cricket and gameplay .

I say lets all revolt and boycott codemasters ; unless of course they release a patch a ;)

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
simran3 said:
Dude the programmers at codemasters need to get a CT scan done , just to make sure they don't have any brain damage.

Can we please stop with the persornal comments. Whether you're joking or not, it is uncalled for.

simran3 said:
Why did they let the guy go , no wonder all their games suck. I mean 2005 was like almost there, untill you started hitting 6's to with a fine leg glance .

As far as I know it wasn't just Mr Wellard who moved on, but the majority of the team behind BLC '99. People move on, it happens.

It's not like massive strides have been made with the Cricket series though, is it?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
stevie said:
Can we please stop with the persornal comments. Whether you're joking or not, it is uncalled for.

As far as I know it wasn't just Mr Wellard who moved on, but the majority of the team behind BLC '99. People move on, it happens.

It's not like massive strides have been made with the Cricket series though, is it?

I agree. To be fair to Codemasters, they probably work their butts off to make quality products. I reckon that there's a situation whereby the publisher/producer or whatever has said 'get it out by such and such a time' and the testers have said 'It's not ready yet',
Producer: 'So what? We need to start making money!!',
Tester: 'Whatever! (Who wants to bet how long it'll be before the forumites start clamouring for a patch?)

Saying that Codies need a CT scan is completely uncalled for.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Moved to the BLC99 forum.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BLIC '99 The memories, that was the best cricket game ever!!!! It was HARD! And I used to love bowling with Warney lol.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
The reason why BLC'99 is still a classic is that it was coded very well. No silly gameplay, animation or graphic bugs.

The games of this era have really really bad coding behind them.

Users who are viewing this thread