Exclusive Interview with ?Transmitten? and ?Codebusters? for Launch of New Games Planetoid Cricket .

D

Dutch

Come on guys, no way have I wanted to cause any real offence. Just having a laugh. As I have often said on this very forum, I do believe that these guys will help us to make this game better. But they have also had a laugh at my expense (89 New Zealand dollars to be exact). I am not a cynical person or one to hold grudges.

I love this game as I love many things in life. I get out of it what I put in; that is my mantra that goes round and round and suits me fine. I like commenting on how people react to situations and things and just want to give this place a bit of mirth now and then. As long as it is good, honest fun and not below the belt stuff.

I think I have stayed above the belt as far as Jamie and Heath are concerned and anything you hear contrary to me going below the belt is just a vicious rumour!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
No point getting frustrated and angry about it tbh.

Look, that's right, the only thing you can do is move on and search for other options. I'm now focused on Cricket Revolution. I didn't realise how much progress they've made over the last 6 months. It may not have test matches, but it's got full one-dayers and a huge multiplayer element. Only 18 days to go till it's released.

jamershepp

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Come on guys, no way have I wanted to cause any real offence. Just having a laugh. As I have often said on this very forums I do believe that these guys will help us to make this game better. But they have also had a laugh at my expense (89 New Zealand dollars to be exact). I am not a cynical person or one to hold grudges.

I love this game as I love many things in life. I get out of it what I put in; that is my mantra that goes round and round and suits me fine. I like commenting on how people react to situations and things and just want to give this place a bit of mirth now and then. As long as it is good, honest fun and not below the belt stuff.

I think I have stayed above the belt as far as Jamie and Heath are concerned and anything you hear contrary to me going below the belt is just a vicious rumour!:)

I dont believe you have done anything wrong we all expect a patch for the major and many issues that occur on this game how it got past testing no one will ever know. They deserve the stick they recieve we want a patch and we wont give up till we get it, as this game has good prospects. We paid good money and we want are moneys worth simple as.

D

Dutch

Look, that's right, the only thing you can do is move on and search for other options. I'm now focused on Cricket Revolution. I didn't realise how much progress they've made over the last 6 months. It may not have test matches, but it's got full one-dayers and a huge multiplayer element. Only 18 days to go till it's released.

Yep, must admit that I am looking forward to that one too. But we always do don't we? Will we ever see Paradise, touch Valhalla, find the Holy Bail!!?? :)

dutchad added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

I dont believe you have done anything wrong we all expect a patch for the major and many issues that occur on this game how it got past testing no one will ever know. They deserve the stick they recieve we want a patch and we wont give up till we get it, as this game has good prospects. We paid good money and we want are moneys worth simple as.

Cheers mate, and well done on your punctuation. You are flying man!!!:D:)

jamershepp

School Cricketer
Yep, must admit that I am looking forward to that one too. But we always do don't we? Will we ever see Paradise, touch Valhalla, find the Holy Bail!!?? :)

dutchad added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Cheers mate, and well done on your punctuation. You are flying man!!!:D:)

LMAO :laugh:D

jamershepp added 4 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

I still got my hopes on ashes cricket if a patch is eventually released. Im not gonna bother with the cricket revolution myself, but must say it does look very pleasing. The way the bowlers look when bowling the run up the throw look that 10 times better than on ac09.

D

Dutch

LMAO :laugh:D

jamershepp added 4 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

I still got my hopes on ashes cricket if a patch is eventually released. Im not gonna bother with the cricket revolution myself, but must say it does look very pleasing. The way the bowlers look when bowling the run up the throw look that 10 times better than on ac09.

Well I shall give Cricket Revolution a go...you never know!:)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Great stuff, Dutch!

I don't know about Cricket Revolution, but I'm definitely going to give TAOC a go; I've been tracking that one for too long to just forget about it. :)

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Great stuff, Dutch!

I don't know about Cricket Revolution, but I'm definitely going to give TAOC a go; I've been tracking that one for too long to just forget about it. :)

thats good to gear.....but we all might be dead and gone by the time it releases ! :facepalm

on a more serious note, be sure to catch the TAOC announcement tomorrow at 1.30PM UK Time ! ;)

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors

Just curious - but why the lack of interest in Cricket Revolution? After how hard you've tried and tried to like AC09, I thought you would be the type to keep tabs on all new cricket games coming out.

For the record, I found it really worthwhile to browse through the Cricket Revolution website. The last time I checked, 8 months ago, the game didn't appear to have any substance. But when I clicked on the website a few days ago - whoa! They've done an incredible amount.

Have you seen the new trailer? What about reading through the player guide? The thing I like is how they publish their change logs on the website, so we can see the changes as they go to avoid bugs. Very comprehensive. So they make themselves accountable. And they have clearly stated that they will patch the game regularly to iron out any issues.

I'm hoping Cricket Revolution surprises a lot of people - including the staff who developed AC09.

D

Dutch

Just curious - but why the lack of interest in Cricket Revolution? After how hard you've tried and tried to like AC09, I thought you would be the type to keep tabs on all new cricket games coming out.

For the record, I found it really worthwhile to browse through the Cricket Revolution website. The last time I checked, 8 months ago, the game didn't appear to have any substance. But when I clicked on the website a few days ago - whoa! They've done an incredible amount.

Have you seen the new trailer? What about reading through the player guide? The thing I like is how they publish their change logs on the website, so we can see the changes as they go to avoid bugs. Very comprehensive. So they make themselves accountable. And they have clearly stated that they will patch the game regularly to iron out any issues.

I'm hoping Cricket Revolution surprises a lot of people - including the staff who developed AC09.

It certainly seems to be done by people that really love cricket and seem to know about cricket. I suppose my only worry is that it looks and feels a bit too arcady for my tastes. I'm old school. Cricket is done by gentlemen whilst the ladies frolic on the river!:)

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
It certainly seems to be done by people that really love cricket and seem to know about cricket. I suppose my only worry is that it looks and feels a bit too arcady for my tastes. I'm old school. Cricket is done by gentlemen whilst the ladies frolic on the river!:)

If I can push the ball around for 1's and 2's, hit the odd bad ball to the boundary and be genuinely troubled by good deliveries, I would sacrifice graphical display every time.

D

Dutch

If I can push the ball around for 1's and 2's, hit the odd bad ball to the boundary and be genuinely troubled by good deliveries, I would sacrifice graphical display every time.

Yes I agree. I would rather have interesting AI oppossition than hair on the arms of Andrew Strauss. (Someone needs to buy the bloke a Ladyshave!:)

Without wishing to be a namedropper, I got in touch with Rob from Transmission (Darkboyblunder) snd he was cool with everything and thought it was just a bit of fun. And before you ask, no he didn't say anything about patches, nor did I ask. He is a very nice guy and he is here quite a lot monitoring feedback and the like. I am sure he will be doing something with that feeedback!;):)

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Hmm, it has changed a bit, hasn't it? And it's coming to Steam as well, so nice and easy to buy. The one caveat for me is the distinct lack of offline modes - no test series, for example. Any cricket game I buy has to have offline test series, otherwise it's a non-starter.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Amen to that!

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Yes I agree. I would rather have interesting AI oppossition than hair on the arms of Andrew Strauss. (Someone needs to buy the bloke a Ladyshave!:)

Without wishing to be a namedropper, I got in touch with Rob from Transmission (Darkboyblunder) snd he was cool with everything and thought it was just a bit of fun. And before you ask, no he didn't say anything about patches, nor did I ask. He is a very nice guy and he is here quite a lot monitoring feedback and the like. I am sure he will be doing something with that feeedback!;):)

shirazu

Club Cricketer
You know the game isn't really that bad unless you play against the AI or 80% of people online. I mean, if you play against other decent players online it's actually a good game and you can see aspects where they gave the gameplay a lot more thought than it seems at first.

With that said...hahaha yeah it's still deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread