Release Date-August 7 ( New Trailer, July 16 )

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
^I can understand the pessimism. Cricket gamers have been disappointed by below average games for such a long time. Ashes cricket 2009 may not be THE Game that many of us seek, but as long as it is a step in the right direction, we should give it a try.

That's fair enough, too.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Please tell me these shots are from an early mode of the game. It looks terrible...

They swing so quickly at the end.

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Can we get a disclaimer like: "The video is not an accurate representation of the game?" Because people will whinge whinge tweaking whinge, "oh this looks jerky", "oh it isn't fluid" just wait a few more weeks and see for yourself.

/end rant.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Can we get a disclaimer like: "The video is not an accurate representation of the game?" Because people will whinge whinge fliping whinge, "oh this looks jerky", "oh it isn't fluid" just wait a few more weeks and see for yourself.

/end rant.

If it's not an 'accurate representation of the game' then why would they release it? This trailer is probably the one that will be on tv. They'll see them play the shots and go 'wtf I'm not getting that ████'. Once they see it and it looks crap, it'll be pretty hard to sway em.

stevo1

Club Cricketer
If it's not an 'accurate representation of the game' then why would they release it? This trailer is probably the one that will be on tv. They'll see them play the shots and go 'wtf I'm not getting that ████'. Once they see it and it looks crap, it'll be pretty hard to sway em.

To shut people up on PC.

Well you might be right? Who knows, the hardcore Cricket fans will get it, but as for other people well...

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Does Australia get it on August 7th aswell? Or the 13th?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I'm guessing the 13th. EB NZ has it on that date, and its on the front page now which it wasn't earlier.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
There are some mongrel shots in that trailer, not sure why they included those... rest assured not all shots look like that in the game! lol

Besides that I reckon it's a cool trailer, although perhaps Panesar should be batting... ;)

Out of curiosity I want to ask, are the developers opinions asked by Codies for marketing strategies/release discussions? Personally I feel that, advertisement given for this game & interest put up to release the game by Codemasters is somewhat low. This is definitely a bit harsh from developers' angle since, lots & lots of hard work has been put on the development!

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
Thank God its a week late in Aus. We'll get a lot of reviews from English users.. After that I'll have 7 days to play and return to EB Games if its aint good.. Fingers crossed though..

Gurjot95

National Board President
Trailer looks good not the shot animation though. But as Health said I also hope all the shots are not like this.

Play testers can you confirm this?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
i'm still a bit concerned by the loopy deliveries. I remember Heath saying before that's because the video was taken from easy mode. Is that the same for the trailer?

Users who are viewing this thread