Release Date-August 7 ( New Trailer, July 16 )

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
so now less than 20 days to go..
if someone is goin to buy the game on day 1,please try to post a brief review on your first day experience..
i know its still early to talk of all this but still just reminding.

people said "ooh no info on the game,give us something,where is the trailer etc" (am one of 'em) :D
now when they got the trailer and release date , they say "bad trailer,release date too long,bad animations,similar to BLIC07,bad gameplay=bad AI etc"

so it cant be stopped i guess.comments on whatever they think will be posted.
just leave it as it is.they'll shut up when they play the game as i personally think its worth the wait (from the previews).

so be optimistic and wait for the game and till then watch the series.its going really well.i mean the spark of the series is at its peak.

I am purchasing the game on 7th august so i will have a few games then post what i think of it. :D

stannie65

School Cricketer
The other day someone mentioned that Codemasters Official UK Ashes Cricket 2009 game homepage | release date, demo, videos, screenshots, news and offers was about to go live - the official website for the game.

It keeps redirecting to the standard website on the codemasters site which has been there all along, just updated with a video.

Is that the new, proper "official" site, or is there something bigger and better to come, a bit like the codemasters websites for dirt 2 and operation flashpoint?

edit, where its all gone green it should be www play ashes .com....

samvaze

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not Expecting too much frm Codies. Lets c If EA Can capitalise This,
to Bounce Back In The Business real Quick.
i heard That Trine Game Studio Is The Developer OF EA Cricket 10
Which Incl. ICC T20 2010,Champions Trophy2009,And May B DLF IPL Season 3 :upray
If Yes Then We Cricket Fan's Will B Flyin All Over as soon as it hits the stores

madmattg

International Cricketer
ok, so looking at the video.....i say it looks rubbish. Poorly presented video that looks like some pre-school art project.

Hey Ill still play it as I love the cricket games as they are all we have online and like to play sports games in general, but come on why cant they employee some creative talent instead of releasing this dribble.

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
I Personally felt BLIC-2007 Trailer released before game was good but the game ****** :eek:. Lets Hope the reverse happens this time around with AC09.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
ok, so looking at the video.....i say it looks rubbish. Poorly presented video that looks like some pre-school art project.

Hey Ill still play it as I love the cricket games as they are all we have online and like to play sports games in general, but come on why cant they employee some creative talent instead of releasing this dribble.

How do you know the game will be 'dribble' (drivel?) I respect the opinion of the guys who have played the game (and I know what I'm talking about when I say that their opinions carry a lot of weight around here). You want to buy EA Cricket's latest effort? Go for it. As for the rest of us, we'll be enjoying (potentially) the best Cricket game since BLIC '99. As for saying the video looks like a 'pre-school art project', what planet are you on?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

I Personally felt BLIC-2007 Trailer released before game was good but the game ****** :eek:. Lets Hope the reverse happens this time around with AC09.

Remember, no-one gave BLIC 2007 glowing praise after playtests, indeed I don't think there were any playtests. Also, this game is being made by an entirely new developer.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

If Yes Then We Cricket Fan's Will B Flyin All Over as soon as it hits the stores

All EA do is wheel out the same game with shinier graphics, an updated roster and a new year tacked on. Transmissions are actually trying to make a good cricket game.

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
Remember, no-one gave BLIC 2007 glowing praise after playtests, indeed I don't think there were any playtests. Also, this game is being made by an entirely new developer.

I Never mentioned in my post that People praised after Playtests. I just mentioned about the video and gameplay of 2007 and hoping for better game this time around.

D

Deleted member 11215

Someone infract that

P

pcfan123

it just shows how much he knows about cricket games if he thinks EA ones are good

madmattg

International Cricketer
How do you know the game will be 'dribble' (drivel?) I respect the opinion of the guys who have played the game (and I know what I'm talking about when I say that their opinions carry a lot of weight around here). You want to buy EA Cricket's latest effort? Go for it. As for the rest of us, we'll be enjoying (potentially) the best Cricket game since BLIC '99. As for saying the video looks like a 'pre-school art project', what planet are you on?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Ok, the dribble was referring to dribble and in as "you are dribbling SH*T" . Not drivel as it would be colloquially used to slobber or drool. Which I suppose would have been the correct context as I didnt finish the sentence.

So as for the pre-school art project, having finished a Game Design degree myself at Bond University in Australia, if I had handed this video in for a finished piece of work I would have been laughed at. The animation, music, shot selection and characterisations present nothing. It looks like a complete load of rubbish.

Look at it seriously, against clips of Tigerwoods, Forza Motorsport, The Madden series etc. Your a person that plays cricket you go ok, that looks wierd he looks like he is running for the toilet after some bad curry. Now think of it as a person that doesnt play cricket does it make you want to play the GAME. " I think NOT "

As for the game play, I am hoping it will be better than the video shows. Ill still play it an reserve my decision until then. As for listening to the guys that have played the game, I would have loved to have already playing it and worked from there but that has not been the case. It was for UFC undisputed that I reviewed and Beta tested.

But hey it will be a wait and see then.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

playtest reviews are BS they were paid to give gud reviews to pc:D game looks just like its previous versions. no difference

Panninis and Soda do not constitute payment. I beleive that the PC reviews were objective and unbiased. PC reviewers from Australia and England came to generally the same conclusion, its a decent game and improved from BLIC2007.

Users who are viewing this thread