Retirements Thread - Imad Wasim

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
oh o, looks like someone didn't watch Virat today.

He did it once in a blue moon, but Viru does it almost every time.If some one like Binny hits a six of last ball will you compare him with Dhoni ?

PokerAce

Banned
Virender Sehwag celebrated his international retirement with a fine 100 Haryana vs Karnataka. Sehwag scored 136 runs in 170 balls with 16 fours and 3 sixes.

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ To be fair you could say that of all bowlers. No bowler is going to set the world on fire on flat wickets.

Don't really agree. The great bowlers find a way even on flat pitches. Mitch's problem was is all he had is his speed when the pitch didn't seam.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Johnson is just the kind of player that I wanted Stuart Broad end up to be. I seriously hope Broad takes a leaf out of Johnson's career. I am sure they would have chatted a few times on the bowling and even batting. Johnson to me is like Jason Gillespie, a bowler who plays in a shade of a legend but is no less. I am glad Johnson did not have to play under the shadow of Lee in his prime which is why Mitch is getting his due credit. If Gillespie had played in a different era we would all be touting him as a world class legend equivalent to McGrath.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
On his day he was absolutely unplayable, he pretty much single-handedly won the Aussies the 2013/14 Ashes and has bowled some of the most aggressive spells I've ever witnessed, South Africa in 2009 being one great example. He went from being England's twelfth man to the bowler that put fear in the eyes of the English batsmen and possessed possibly the nastiest bouncer seen in recent years due to his slingy action. His retirement is a great loss to Australia and cricket in general and the Barmy Army are a few songs down now. Cheers Mitch, you've helped keep Test cricket great.

Users who are viewing this thread