Reverse Swing -Lost By codies

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Hi,
I remember during the announcement and also some advertisments there was mention of reverse swing .can any body confirm its existance and how they have applied it in the game.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Online Cricket Games Owned
I haven't heard anything of it, although I am assuming they have a similar bowling style to 05 so it could swing both ways.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
IloveGilly said:
I haven't heard anything of it, although I am assuming they have a similar bowling style to 05 so it could swing both ways.

In the fact sheet its mentions about reverse swing what i am intersted in
is will the ball move the other way when the ball gets old like after 40 overs
if you bowl an inswinger its becomes an outswinger and deviates more and vice-versa also it would have been great if we had a mini game after every over to shine the ball which could affect the amout the ball swings and also reverse swing

johnj

School Cricketer
Cricket_god said:
is will the ball move the other way when the ball gets old like after 40 overs

Yes, that's how it works

seb_veron

School Cricketer
well how i think it will work and its just a hunch is that in 05 you had the ability to move the ball arrow left or right to determine the swing, maybe in the early stages with the new ball the arrow that moves left, outswing for a right hand bowler will move more to the left than the arrown moving to the right, but in later stages maybe the arrow will move more to the right, inswing for a right hander. thats how i would like to see it be done, but i do not wish every bowler to be allowed to move the ball in as much as the bowlers that can in real life, like shoab, simon jones(if he is fit), malinga and mohammed asif who has the ability to apply both in and out swing and with the new ball.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
The way I thought it worked in 05 was that you would get swing and seam with the first 10-20 overs, and then around 40-50 overs you'd get swing again. I would imagine that would be the way to do it.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't mind as long as they reduce the swing. You could swing the ball 2 yards basically all through out the day.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
puddleduck said:
The way I thought it worked in 05 was that you would get swing and seam with the first 10-20 overs, and then around 40-50 overs you'd get swing again. I would imagine that would be the way to do it.

That sounds pretty much like JohnJ is confirming.

rubbergenius

Club Cricketer
Yep, as JohnJ says, it works on old balls (40+ overs old), so yes, reverse swing is in there...

sharmaz

Club Cricketer
no he means thats how reverse swing works, not if it will be in the game or not (correct me if im wrong)

Also, will reverse swing automatically happen or will there be a special delivery for it like CRIC07?

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
If the controls are the same as in BLIC 05 (and I believe they are) then I can't see any point in having reverse swing, as you could control the ball like it was on a bit of string in 05, so if it reverses it'll just be annoying, surely.

Oh well, I'm sure they've thought of something to do to sort this out. Though I would like to hear confirmation of how the control system will work for this.

Hariz

International Cricketer
So it would mean that in an Odi you will have to bowl 40-odd overs first to get the ball to reverse and there will be no reverse like say in a 20 over game.
Also the seam movement in the early overs was so exaggerated in BLIC 05 that reverse swing didnt make much difference, as you didnt notice it that much, because the ball was swinging anyway, regardless of the condition.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Swing was definitely not a problem in BLIC 05. You could swing it from a massive way from left to right or vice versa. If the controls are a little more like Cricket 07 and you can only swing it a little then reverse swing would definitely be nice.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
There was way to much swing before. Its needs to be changed. Swing should be very minimul, unless very cloudy or humid etc. On some days, there should be no swing, even for the best bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread