Robin’s Cosy Corner – West Indies Bangladesh Special Quiz

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Q1, a) it was in australia, 1960. couldn't tell you the ground.
b) it was benaud and at that time I guess sobers?
c) :D not a clue. 236 is my guess.
d) it was Wes Hall but don't the last batsman.

Q2) of the 60s? I'm again grasping at straws as I would say the best opening pairs would be lille/thommo of the 70s. some combo of marshal/garner/holding 80s, then waqar/wasim of the 90s. SO the only really fierce guy I can think of would be Fred Trueman and he was ever associated with Jason Statham. so Statham/Trueman.

Q3A) Muralitharan
b) couldn't tell you, it wasn't that good.
c) England. do I get a bonus for telling you it was collingwood that was the man out when he broke it? haha.

Q4)Martin Crowe?

Q5) Tamin Iqbal.
b) I guess he would be 18 or something.
c.) dunno 312 in 378 balls.

that was impossible.

Thurya

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
1)
a. 9-14-Dec-1960
b. Sir Frank Warrel (WI) and Richie Benaud (Aus)
c. WI 453 and 284. Aus 505 and 232
d. Wesley Hall bowled the last over and Ian Meckiff was the the last man out. (run out!)

2) Clyde Walcott and Frank Warrel

3)
a. Jim Laker
b. 68-27-90-19
c. England

4) Martin Crowe

5)
a. Raqibul Hasan Jr.
b. 19 years and 7 months
c. Balls- 609, Mins- 660, 4x33, 6x0

bladescape

Club Cricketer
Question 1

There are two instances of tied tests matches in the history of test cricket.

a. When and where was the first ever tied test match held?
A.1960,9th to 14th December,Brisbane.

b. Who were the opposing Captains?
B.Frank Worrell & Richie Benaud

c. What were the scores of opposing sides?
C.WI's 453 & 284,Aus 505 & 232.

d. Who bowled the last over and who was the last batsman out?
D.Wes Hall,Ian Meckiff was run out by Joe Soloman.

Question 2

The world has seen some great opening pace duo both past and present.

But none of them were as lethal, hostile and fearsome as this one of the 60’s.

Who are these fast bowling demons of the 60’s?
A.Hmmm,Davison and McKenzie or Trueman and Statham are the only ones I can think of.

Question 3

He is the holder of the world record of most wickets in a test.

a. Who is this spin phenomenon?
A.Jim Laker,easy.

B. what was his bowling record for the match?
B.19/90.

C Against which country was this record achieved?
C.Australia

Question 4

He is one of the best batsmen New Zealand ever produced – Pace, Spin he could play all with authority and ease .He was indeed a master craftsman with the willow.

He had a phenomenal batting record in the 1992 World cup.

Who is this Master Batsman?
A.M.Crowe I think....Not sure.

Question 5

This Bangladesh Cricketer is the holder of the record of the third youngest Triple Centurion in First Class cricket.
A.I'm not answering this because I have no idea!!!

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Quiz 3 Answers

Quiz 3 Answers

Question 1

a. It was held from Dec(9 -14)1960 at Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Australia.

b.The opposing captains were:

Sir Frank Mortimer Maglinne Worrell (West Indies).

Richard "Richie" Benaud (Australia).

c.West indies scored 453 and 284.

Australia Scored 505 and 232.

d.Wesley Winfield Hall(West Indies) bowled the last over.

Ian Meckiff(Australia) was the last batsman out.

Question 2

Wesley Winfield Hall and Charles Christopher Griffith (both West Indies).

Question 3

a.James Charles Laker(England).

b.19 wickets for 90 runs.

c.Australia.

Question 4

Martin David Crowe (Newzealand).

Question 5

a. Raqibul Hasan Jr(Bangladesh).

b. 19 Years 161 Days.

c. 313 Not Out, 660 Mts 609 Balls, 33 Fours No Sixes.

Congratulations to Thurya for getting (80%) correct answers!

I also appreciate the efforts and inputs of others as well.

Cheers!

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Cricket Quiz 4

Time for Cricket Quiz 4

Here you go:

Question 1

Name the cricketers who have achieved the rare distinction of taking a wicket with their very first ball on test debut.

Question 2

He was probably the best Australian batsman in his era (late forties to early fifties) after retirement of Bradman.

Was an aggressive batsman with wonderful footwork and timing and an outstanding fieldsman.

In his first 13 innings of his test career he averaged an incredible 100.

He had the knack of coming down the pitch to attack spinners but never got stumped even for once in his career.

Who is the this Australian gem of a batsman of the past era?

Question 3

This English cricketer was an opener par excellence and probably one of the best in the world in his era.

Undoubtedly ranks amongst one of the best English slip fielder of all time and one of the best the world has seen. Some of his catches were simply out of the world. He had taken 120 catches in his career including some blinders.

Who is this Master Opening batsman and Slip Fielder of England of the past era ?

Question 4

He is considered the pioneer of Indian fast bowling.

In terms of sheer speed probably the fastest bowler India has ever produced.

His speed and striking ability is proven by the fact that 13 of his 25 victims in his short cricket career were clean bowled or LBW.

Another interesting thing is out of 25 wickets he took 5 wickets 3 times.

I am sure if speed guns were available at that time he would have clocked (90 -100) miles per hour.

Who is this fast bowling Phenomenon of Indian Cricket team of the past?

Question 5

This Bangladesh cricketer scored a stunning 51 runs from 53 deliveries against India in the 2007 World Cup.

He aptly demonstrated that if you have courage and skills big names does not matter. He thrashed the famed Indian pace attack to all parts of the ground with majestic shots.

In particular one shot that he played when he came down the pitch and hit a savage six of Zaheer Khan was one of the best shots of the tournament.

This performance announced that a Bangladesh star was born and his innings laid the foundation for Bangladesh?s upset win over India.

Who is this talented Bangladesh Batsman ?

bladescape

Club Cricketer
Question 1

Name the cricketers who have achieved the rare distinction of taking a wicket with their very first ball on test debut.
A.Absolutly no idea.

Question 2

He was probably the best Australian batsman in his era (late forties to early fifties) after retirement of Bradman.

Was an aggressive batsman with wonderful footwork and timing and an outstanding fieldsman.

He had the knack of coming down the pitch to attack spinners but never got stumped even for once in his career.

A.Neil Harvey,I think.

Question 3

This English cricketer was an opener par excellence and probably one of the best in the world in his era.

Undoubtedly ranks amongst one of the best English slip fielder of all time and one of the best the world has seen. Some of his catches were simply out of the world. He had taken 120 catches in his career including some blinders.

Who is this Master Opening batsman and Slip Fielder of England of the past era ?
A.I might have a chance if the era itself was mentioned.

Question 4

His speed and striking ability is proven by the fact that 13 of his 25 victims in his short cricket career were clean bowled or LBW.

I am sure if speed guns were available at that time he would have clocked (90 -100) miles per hour.

A.Old Indian team?No idea mate.

Question 5

This Bangladesh cricketer scored a stunning 51 runs from 53 deliveries against India in the 2007 World Cup.

He aptly demonstrated that if you have courage and skills big names does not matter. He thrashed the famed Indian pace attack to all parts of the ground with majestic shots.

In particular one shot that he played when he came down the pitch and hit a savage six of Zaheer Khan was one of the best shots of the tournament.

This performance announced that a Bangladesh star was born and his innings laid the foundation for Bangladesh’s upset win over India.

A.T.Iqbal?(I've got it wrong,havent I?)

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Question 3 - Hints

Question 1

A.Absolutly no idea.

Question 2

A.Neil Harvey,I think.

Question 3

A.I might have a chance if the era itself was mentioned.

Question 4

A.Old Indian team?No idea mate.

Question 5

This performance announced that a Bangladesh star was born and his innings laid the foundation for Bangladesh?s upset win over India.

A.T.Iqbal?(I've got it wrong,havent I?)

Hints for Question 3

He played between the period ( 1954 ? 1975).

Another hint : Once played with a broken arm against the likes of Hall and Griffith and saved the match for England.

robin2855 added 23 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Question 5 looks like Tamim Iqbal.
Question 4, a silly guess: Roger Binny?

He made his debut in India's maiden Test at Lord's in 1932.

He was so devastating that in that test that he demolished the famed opening pair of England - Holmes and Sutcliffe (both cleaned bowled with two unplayable deliveries) who just ten days earlier had created a phenomenal first wicket record of 555 for the first wicket for Yorkshire.

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Well Done!

At least I got 3 out of 4 questions I tried to answer!:D

I do appreciate your efforts and also acknowledge the fact that you correctly answered 3 out 5 questions.

I also acknowledge the fact that you have been an active participant of the quizzes and hope you will continue to do so.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread