Round 14: Manchester Divided vs. Vatican Victors @ Monkey Park (10/12/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
MD to defeat this ████ popes by a huge margin...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Manchester Divided vs. Vatican Victors

@ Monkey Park

Man D have prepared a flat pitch, and the crowds are flocking in as they want to watch what should be a really exciting match. Man D have nothing to gain from this game, so will be looking to please their fans, while Vatican will want to steamroll the league leaders and gain some confidence and momentum going into the semis. Vatican have won the toss and, bizarrely, have opted to bowl! Hmm, this should be fun...

0.1 Kapil Dev to Amiya, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
0.2 Kapil Dev to Amiya, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
0.3 Kapil Dev to Amiya, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
0.4 Kapil Dev to KBC, Easy single. (1)
0.5 Kapil Dev to Amiya, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
0.6 Kapil Dev to Amiya, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)

End of over 1
Manchester Divided 7/0 (RR : 7)
KBC 1 (1b)
Amiya 6 (5b)
Kapil Dev 1-0-7-0

1.1 Vince van der Bijl to Amiya, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
1.2 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
1.3 Vince van der Bijl to Amiya, One more to the total. (1)
1.4 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
1.5 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
1.6 Vince van der Bijl to Amiya, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 2
Manchester Divided 11/0 (RR : 5.5)
Amiya 8 (8b)
KBC 3 (4b)
Vince van der Bijl 1-0-4-0

2.1 Kapil Dev to KBC, That was a very good delivery. (0)
2.2 Kapil Dev to KBC, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
2.3 Kapil Dev to KBC, , Byes, another 4 run(s) (4)
2.4 Kapil Dev to KBC, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
2.5 Kapil Dev to KBC, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
2.6 Kapil Dev to Amiya, That was a very good delivery. (0)

End of over 3
Manchester Divided 20/0 (RR : 6.67)
Amiya 8 (9b)
KBC 8 (8b)
Kapil Dev 2-0-16-0

3.1 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
3.2 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, What an audacious shot! Uppercut up and over third man for six! Incredible! (6)
3.3 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, , Byes, another 4 run(s) (4)
3.4 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)
3.5 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
3.6 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)

End of over 4
Manchester Divided 44/0 (RR : 11)
KBC 28 (13b)
Amiya 8 (9b)
Vince van der Bijl 2-0-28-0

4.1 Kapil Dev to Amiya, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
4.2 Kapil Dev to Amiya, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
4.3 Kapil Dev to Amiya, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
4.4 Kapil Dev to KBC, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
4.5 Kapil Dev to KBC, , Wide, one run (1)
4.5 Kapil Dev to KBC, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
4.6 Kapil Dev to Amiya, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 5
Manchester Divided 47/0 (RR : 9.4)
Amiya 9 (13b)
KBC 29 (15b)
Kapil Dev 3-0-19-0

5.1 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, Going, Going, Gone! Six Runs! (6)
5.2 Vince van der Bijl to KBC, Hit straight to long on, and that's caught!

KBC c Kapil Dev b Vince van der Bijl
Runs : 35 Balls : 17 S/R : 205.9

(0)
5.3 Vince van der Bijl to Zorax Doom, Easy single. (1)
5.4 Vince van der Bijl to Amiya, Brilliant ball, and a sharp catch. Nothing the batsman could do there!

Amiya c blake b Vince van der Bijl
Runs : 9 Balls : 14 S/R : 64.29

(0)
5.5 Vince van der Bijl to Covvy, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
5.6 Vince van der Bijl to Covvy, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)

End of over 6
Manchester Divided 62/2 (RR : 10.3)
Covvy 8 (2b)
Zorax Doom 1 (1b)
Vince van der Bijl 3-0-43-2

6.1 w3lshrugby to Zorax Doom, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
6.2 w3lshrugby to Covvy, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
6.3 w3lshrugby to Covvy, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
6.4 w3lshrugby to Covvy, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
6.5 w3lshrugby to Covvy, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
6.6 w3lshrugby to Covvy, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)

End of over 7
Manchester Divided 66/2 (RR : 9.43)
Zorax Doom 2 (2b)
Covvy 11 (7b)
w3lshrugby 1-0-4-0

7.1 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
7.2 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
7.3 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
7.4 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
7.5 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
7.6 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, Good running, two runs. (2)

End of over 8
Manchester Divided 74/2 (RR : 9.25)
Covvy 19 (13b)
Zorax Doom 2 (2b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 1-0-8-0

8.1 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
8.2 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
8.3 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
8.4 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
8.5 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
8.6 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)

End of over 9
Manchester Divided 83/2 (RR : 9.22)
Covvy 19 (13b)
Zorax Doom 11 (8b)
Abhas Gupta 1-0-9-0

9.1 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Zorax Doom, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
9.2 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Zorax Doom, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
9.3 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Zorax Doom, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
9.4 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
9.5 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
9.6 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, That's a single. (1)

End of over 10
Manchester Divided 93/2 (RR : 9.3)
Zorax Doom 16 (11b)
Covvy 24 (16b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 2-0-18-0

10.1 Abhas Gupta to Covvy, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
10.2 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
10.3 Abhas Gupta to Covvy, No shot offered. (0)
10.4 Abhas Gupta to Covvy, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
10.5 Abhas Gupta to Covvy, , No Ball. Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
10.5 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
10.6 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)

End of over 11
Manchester Divided 103/2 (RR : 9.36)
Zorax Doom 21 (14b)
Covvy 28 (20b)
Abhas Gupta 2-0-19-0

11.1 treva to Covvy, That's a single. (1)
11.2 treva to Zorax Doom, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
11.3 treva to Zorax Doom, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
11.4 treva to Zorax Doom, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
11.5 treva to Zorax Doom, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
11.6 treva to Zorax Doom, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)

End of over 12
Manchester Divided 108/2 (RR : 9)
Zorax Doom 25 (19b)
Covvy 29 (21b)
treva 1-0-5-0

12.1 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
12.2 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
12.3 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
12.4 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
12.5 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
12.6 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)

End of over 13
Manchester Divided 112/2 (RR : 8.62)
Covvy 33 (27b)
Zorax Doom 25 (19b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 3-0-22-0

13.1 w3lshrugby to Zorax Doom, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
13.2 w3lshrugby to Zorax Doom, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
13.3 w3lshrugby to Covvy, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
13.4 w3lshrugby to Covvy, Good running, two runs. (2)
13.5 w3lshrugby to Covvy, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
13.6 w3lshrugby to Covvy, Good running, two runs. (2)

End of over 14
Manchester Divided 117/2 (RR : 8.36)
Covvy 37 (31b)
Zorax Doom 26 (21b)
w3lshrugby 2-0-9-0

14.1 treva to Zorax Doom, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)
14.2 treva to Zorax Doom, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
14.3 treva to Covvy, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
14.4 treva to Covvy, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
14.5 treva to Covvy, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
14.6 treva to Zorax Doom, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)

End of over 15
Manchester Divided 131/2 (RR : 8.73)
Zorax Doom 33 (24b)
Covvy 44 (34b)
treva 2-0-19-0

15.1 Abhas Gupta to Covvy, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
15.2 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Easy single. (1)
15.3 Abhas Gupta to Covvy, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
15.4 Abhas Gupta to Covvy, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
15.5 Abhas Gupta to Covvy, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
15.6 Abhas Gupta to Covvy, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)

End of over 16
Manchester Divided 137/2 (RR : 8.56)
Covvy 49 (39b)
Zorax Doom 34 (25b)
Abhas Gupta 3-0-25-0

16.1 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Zorax Doom, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
16.2 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Zorax Doom, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
16.3 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Zorax Doom, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
16.4 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Zorax Doom, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
16.5 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Zorax Doom, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
16.6 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Covvy, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)

End of over 17
Manchester Divided 148/2 (RR : 8.71)
Covvy 49 (40b)
Zorax Doom 45 (30b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 4-0-33-0

17.1 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
17.2 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
17.3 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Going, Going, Gone! Six Runs! (6)
17.4 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
17.5 Abhas Gupta to Zorax Doom, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
17.6 Abhas Gupta to Covvy, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)

End of over 18
Manchester Divided 165/2 (RR : 9.17)
Covvy 53 (41b)
Zorax Doom 58 (35b)
Abhas Gupta 4-0-42-0

18.1 Vince van der Bijl to Zorax Doom, No shot offered. (0)
18.2 Vince van der Bijl to Zorax Doom, Inside edge, and gone! Great bowling, and some loose batting.

Zorax Doom b Vince van der Bijl
Runs : 58 Balls : 37 S/R : 156.8

(0)
18.3 Vince van der Bijl to The Spin, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
18.4 Vince van der Bijl to The Spin, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
18.5 Vince van der Bijl to Covvy, Very well bowled. (0)
18.6 Vince van der Bijl to Covvy, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 19
Manchester Divided 168/3 (RR : 8.84)
Covvy 53 (43b)
The Spin 3 (2b)
Vince van der Bijl 4-0-46-3

19.1 Kapil Dev to The Spin, Going, Going, Gone! Six Runs! (6)
19.2 Kapil Dev to The Spin, And it's a DLF Maxix...uhh...six runs! (6)
19.3 Kapil Dev to The Spin, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
19.4 Kapil Dev to The Spin, Easy single. (1)
19.5 Kapil Dev to Covvy, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
19.6 Kapil Dev to Covvy, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)

End of over 20
Manchester Divided 189/3 (RR : 9.45)
Covvy 57 (45b)
The Spin 20 (6b)
Kapil Dev 4-0-40-0

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 189
Wickets : 3
Overs : 20.0

And Vatican have been set 190 to win! Zorax and Covvy racked up fine fifties, while KBC and The Spin chipped in with blazing cameos to take Man D to a score that is quite competitve, but far from unchaseable. Man D promised entertainment, and they delivered. KBC launched into Vince van der Bijl and took 24 runs off him in the fourth over, while The Spin clobbered Kapil Dev for two sixes and a four in the final over. In between, Zorax hit a brilliant fifty while Covvy scored a more workmanlike fifty of his own. Amiya will be kicking himself for not capitalising on such fine batting conditions, but will be pleased with how his team did without the services of Viv Richards and Don Tallon. Vatican will be puzzled over KI's strange decisions in the field, mainly about giving W3lshrugby just two overs when the rest of the bowlers were bleeding runs. Nevertheless, 190 is a very chaseable score, and Vatican will want to seize this opportunity to get their second win in 3 games over Man D. Join us soon as we kick off VV's runchase!

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Pffft. Remind me next time to give myself a good punch in the gut for not programming the toss algorithm better.

I guess BB or CC might take over at the second place after this one's over. Would want to hang around for the semis though.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
And we're back. Vatican have a massive target to chase, and KI strides out to the middle with Dev. Zorax has taken the new ball and is setting his field. The first innings was full of big shots and entertainment, will the second innings be the same? For VV's sake, they'll be hoping so. Here we go, time to get underway...

0.1 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Low fulltoss, the batsman drives it down the ground for six! Great shot! The bowler is distraught! (6)
0.2 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
0.3 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
0.4 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
0.5 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
0.6 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 1
Vatican Victors 7/0 (RR : 7) Required RR(9.58)
Kapil Dev 0 (1b)
Kshitiz_Indian 7 (5b)
Zorax Doom 1-0-7-0

1.1 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
1.2 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
1.3 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, That's a single. (1)
1.4 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
1.5 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
1.6 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)

End of over 2
Vatican Victors 11/0 (RR : 5.5) Required RR(9.89)
Kshitiz_Indian 10 (10b)
Kapil Dev 1 (2b)
Sydney Barnes 1-0-4-0

2.1 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
2.2 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
2.3 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
2.4 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
2.5 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
2.6 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 3
Vatican Victors 19/0 (RR : 6.33) Required RR(10)
Kapil Dev 8 (7b)
Kshitiz_Indian 11 (11b)
Zorax Doom 2-0-15-0

3.1 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Easy single. (1)
3.2 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
3.3 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
3.4 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
3.5 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
3.6 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)

End of over 4
Vatican Victors 32/0 (RR : 8) Required RR(9.81)
Kapil Dev 20 (12b)
Kshitiz_Indian 12 (12b)
Sydney Barnes 2-0-17-0

4.1 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
4.2 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
4.3 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
4.4 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
4.5 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
4.6 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)

End of over 5
Vatican Victors 42/0 (RR : 8.4) Required RR(9.8)
Kshitiz_Indian 21 (17b)
Kapil Dev 21 (13b)
Zorax Doom 3-0-25-0

5.1 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
5.2 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
5.3 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
5.4 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
5.5 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
5.6 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)

End of over 6
Vatican Victors 46/0 (RR : 7.67) Required RR(10.2)
Kapil Dev 23 (17b)
Kshitiz_Indian 23 (19b)
Sydney Barnes 3-0-21-0

6.1 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
6.2 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
6.3 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
6.4 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
6.5 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, That's a single. (1)
6.6 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)

End of over 7
Vatican Victors 57/0 (RR : 8.14) Required RR(10.2)
Kapil Dev 32 (20b)
Kshitiz_Indian 25 (22b)
The Spin 1-0-11-0

7.1 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
7.2 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
7.3 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
7.4 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
7.5 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
7.6 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 8
Vatican Victors 63/0 (RR : 7.88) Required RR(10.5)
Kshitiz_Indian 26 (26b)
Kapil Dev 37 (22b)
Dr. Pepper 1-0-6-0

8.1 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
8.2 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
8.3 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
8.4 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
8.5 The Spin to Kapil Dev, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
8.6 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)

End of over 9
Vatican Victors 71/0 (RR : 7.89) Required RR(10.7)
Kapil Dev 44 (26b)
Kshitiz_Indian 27 (28b)
The Spin 2-0-19-0

9.1 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
9.2 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
9.3 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
9.4 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Very well bowled. (0)
9.5 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
9.6 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, No shot offered. (0)

End of over 10
Vatican Victors 76/0 (RR : 7.6) Required RR(11.3)
Kapil Dev 46 (30b)
Kshitiz_Indian 30 (30b)
07harrisb 1-0-5-0

10.1 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
10.2 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
10.3 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, No shot offered. (0)
10.4 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
10.5 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
10.6 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)

End of over 11
Vatican Victors 82/0 (RR : 7.45) Required RR(11.9)
Kshitiz_Indian 35 (34b)
Kapil Dev 47 (32b)
Dr. Pepper 2-0-12-0

11.1 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
11.2 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
11.3 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
11.4 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
11.5 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
11.6 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Splendid shot for four! (4)

End of over 12
Vatican Victors 96/0 (RR : 8) Required RR(11.6)
Kapil Dev 61 (38b)
Kshitiz_Indian 35 (34b)
Arslaan Khalid 1-0-14-0

12.1 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
12.2 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
12.3 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
12.4 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
12.5 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
12.6 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)

End of over 13
Vatican Victors 102/0 (RR : 7.85) Required RR(12.4)
Kshitiz_Indian 40 (39b)
Kapil Dev 62 (39b)
07harrisb 2-0-11-0

13.1 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
13.2 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
13.3 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
13.4 Arslaan Khalid to Kshitiz_Indian, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
13.5 Arslaan Khalid to Kshitiz_Indian, That was a very good delivery. (0)
13.6 Arslaan Khalid to Kshitiz_Indian, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)

End of over 14
Vatican Victors 104/0 (RR : 7.43) Required RR(14.2)
Kapil Dev 63 (42b)
Kshitiz_Indian 41 (42b)
Arslaan Khalid 2-0-16-0

14.1 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
14.2 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
14.3 The Spin to Kapil Dev, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
14.4 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
14.5 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
14.6 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)

End of over 15
Vatican Victors 111/0 (RR : 7.4) Required RR(15.6)
Kapil Dev 68 (46b)
Kshitiz_Indian 43 (44b)
The Spin 3-0-26-0

15.1 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
15.2 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
15.3 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
15.4 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
15.5 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
15.6 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)

End of over 16
Vatican Victors 117/0 (RR : 7.31) Required RR(18)
Kshitiz_Indian 48 (49b)
Kapil Dev 69 (47b)
Dr. Pepper 3-0-18-0

16.1 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
16.2 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
16.3 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
16.4 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
16.5 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
16.6 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)

End of over 17
Vatican Victors 125/0 (RR : 7.35) Required RR(21.3)
Kapil Dev 76 (51b)
Kshitiz_Indian 49 (51b)
07harrisb 3-0-19-0

17.1 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
17.2 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
17.3 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Splendid shot for four! (4)
17.4 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
17.5 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
17.6 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, There's a mix up with the batsman, and he's out!

Kapil Dev run out Arslaan Khalid
Runs : 76 Balls : 52 S/R : 146.2

(0)

End of over 18
Vatican Victors 142/1 (RR : 7.89) Required RR(23.5)
gudduthemaster 0 (0b)
Kshitiz_Indian 66 (56b)
Dr. Pepper 4-0-35-0

18.1 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
18.2 Zorax Doom to gudduthemaster, Beaten by pace! Fired in full and quicker, the batsman is late to get his bat down and the stumps are in a mess! Excellent bowling!

gudduthemaster b Zorax Doom
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0

(0)
18.3 Zorax Doom to Geoffrey Boycott, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
18.4 Zorax Doom to Geoffrey Boycott, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
18.5 Zorax Doom to Geoffrey Boycott, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
18.6 Zorax Doom to Geoffrey Boycott, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)

End of over 19
Vatican Victors 147/2 (RR : 7.74) Required RR(42)
Geoffrey Boycott 4 (4b)
Kshitiz_Indian 67 (57b)
Zorax Doom 4-0-30-1

19.1 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
19.2 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Beaten by pace! Fired in full and quicker, the batsman is late to get his bat down and the stumps are in a mess! Excellent bowling!

Kshitiz_Indian b Sydney Barnes
Runs : 67 Balls : 59 S/R : 113.6

(0)
19.3 Sydney Barnes to blake, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
19.4 Sydney Barnes to blake, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
19.5 Sydney Barnes to blake, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
19.6 Sydney Barnes to blake, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 20
Vatican Victors 151/3 (RR : 7.55) Required RR(1.#J)
blake 4 (4b)
Geoffrey Boycott 4 (4b)
Sydney Barnes 4-0-25-1

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 151

And there goes Vatican's hopes of shocking Man D. Man D continue to remain unstoppable, although this time, they owe a debt of gratitude to KI himself. I mean, what was he thinking? 67 off 59 balls when chasing 190? Kapil Dev did his best, but KI just weighed him down from the other end, and once the required rate crept to around 11, the match was as good as gone. With the way KI batted, along with his strange bowling decisions, one could be forgiven for thinking he was trying to throw the game! Expect an investigation on this soon.
Dodgy innings apart, well done to Man D, who just can't be beaten! This loss means Chennai or Beijing, provided they win tonight, could easily move to second place in the table. And if VV lose their final game of the league stages, it could very well see them eliminated for the tournament! The pressure is on!

Code:
Vatican Victors vs. Manchester Divided

Manchester Divided Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Amiya                    c blake b Vince van der Bijl    9   14   0   0  64.29
KBC                  c Kapil Dev b Vince van der Bijl   35   17   4   2  205.9
Zorax Doom                       b Vince van der Bijl   58   37   6   1  156.8
Covvy                                         not out   57   45   8   0  126.7
The Spin                                      not out   20    6   1   2  333.3
07harrisb                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Arslaan Khalid                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Dr. Pepper                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Viv Richards                                      dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Don Tallon                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Sydney Barnes                                     dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 189                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 9.45

Extras : 10    No Balls : 1       Wides : 1    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vatican Victors Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Kapil Dev                            4.0           0      40           0     10
WORLD CHAMPIONS                      4.0           0      33           0   8.25
treva                                2.0           0      19           0    9.5
w3lshrugby                           2.0           0       9           0    4.5
Abhas Gupta                          4.0           0      42           0   10.5
Vince van der Bijl                   4.0           0      46           3   11.5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vatican Victors Innings 

Kshitiz_Indian                        b Sydney Barnes   67   59   7   1  113.6
Kapil Dev                      run out Arslaan Khalid   76   52  10   0  146.2
gudduthemaster                           b Zorax Doom    0    1   0   0      0
Geoffrey Boycott                              not out    4    4   0   0    100
blake                                         not out    4    4   1   0    100
Sohum                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
WORLD CHAMPIONS                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
treva                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
w3lshrugby                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Abhas Gupta                                       dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Vince van der Bijl                                dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 151                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 7.55

Extras : 0    No Balls : 0       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Manchester Divided Bowling

Zorax Doom                           4.0           0      30           1    7.5
The Spin                             3.0           0      26           0   8.67
07harrisb                            3.0           0      19           0   6.33
Arslaan Khalid                       2.0           0      16           0      8
Dr. Pepper                           4.0           0      35           0   8.75
Sydney Barnes                        4.0           0      25           1   6.25

Manchester Divided - 189/3 in 20.0 overs. 
Vatican Victors - 151/3 in 20.0 overs. 

Manchester Divided wins the match by 38 runs

Man of The Match - Zorax, for scoring a fifty and returning to bowl 4 overs for just 30 runs and a wicket on a good batting track.

ZoraxDoom added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

And we're back. Vatican have a massive target to chase, and KI strides out to the middle with Dev. Zorax has taken the new ball and is setting his field. The first innings was full of big shots and entertainment, will the second innings be the same? For VV's sake, they'll be hoping so. Here we go, time to get underway...

0.1 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Low fulltoss, the batsman drives it down the ground for six! Great shot! The bowler is distraught! (6)
0.2 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
0.3 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
0.4 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
0.5 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
0.6 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 1
Vatican Victors 7/0 (RR : 7) Required RR(9.58)
Kapil Dev 0 (1b)
Kshitiz_Indian 7 (5b)
Zorax Doom 1-0-7-0

1.1 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
1.2 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
1.3 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, That's a single. (1)
1.4 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
1.5 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
1.6 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)

End of over 2
Vatican Victors 11/0 (RR : 5.5) Required RR(9.89)
Kshitiz_Indian 10 (10b)
Kapil Dev 1 (2b)
Sydney Barnes 1-0-4-0

2.1 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
2.2 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
2.3 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
2.4 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
2.5 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
2.6 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 3
Vatican Victors 19/0 (RR : 6.33) Required RR(10)
Kapil Dev 8 (7b)
Kshitiz_Indian 11 (11b)
Zorax Doom 2-0-15-0

3.1 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Easy single. (1)
3.2 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
3.3 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
3.4 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
3.5 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
3.6 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)

End of over 4
Vatican Victors 32/0 (RR : 8) Required RR(9.81)
Kapil Dev 20 (12b)
Kshitiz_Indian 12 (12b)
Sydney Barnes 2-0-17-0

4.1 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
4.2 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
4.3 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
4.4 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
4.5 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
4.6 Zorax Doom to Kapil Dev, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)

End of over 5
Vatican Victors 42/0 (RR : 8.4) Required RR(9.8)
Kshitiz_Indian 21 (17b)
Kapil Dev 21 (13b)
Zorax Doom 3-0-25-0

5.1 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
5.2 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
5.3 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
5.4 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
5.5 Sydney Barnes to Kapil Dev, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
5.6 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)

End of over 6
Vatican Victors 46/0 (RR : 7.67) Required RR(10.2)
Kapil Dev 23 (17b)
Kshitiz_Indian 23 (19b)
Sydney Barnes 3-0-21-0

6.1 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
6.2 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
6.3 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
6.4 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
6.5 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, That's a single. (1)
6.6 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)

End of over 7
Vatican Victors 57/0 (RR : 8.14) Required RR(10.2)
Kapil Dev 32 (20b)
Kshitiz_Indian 25 (22b)
The Spin 1-0-11-0

7.1 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
7.2 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
7.3 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
7.4 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
7.5 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
7.6 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 8
Vatican Victors 63/0 (RR : 7.88) Required RR(10.5)
Kshitiz_Indian 26 (26b)
Kapil Dev 37 (22b)
Dr. Pepper 1-0-6-0

8.1 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
8.2 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
8.3 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
8.4 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
8.5 The Spin to Kapil Dev, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
8.6 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)

End of over 9
Vatican Victors 71/0 (RR : 7.89) Required RR(10.7)
Kapil Dev 44 (26b)
Kshitiz_Indian 27 (28b)
The Spin 2-0-19-0

9.1 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
9.2 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
9.3 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
9.4 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Very well bowled. (0)
9.5 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
9.6 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, No shot offered. (0)

End of over 10
Vatican Victors 76/0 (RR : 7.6) Required RR(11.3)
Kapil Dev 46 (30b)
Kshitiz_Indian 30 (30b)
07harrisb 1-0-5-0

10.1 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
10.2 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
10.3 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, No shot offered. (0)
10.4 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
10.5 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
10.6 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)

End of over 11
Vatican Victors 82/0 (RR : 7.45) Required RR(11.9)
Kshitiz_Indian 35 (34b)
Kapil Dev 47 (32b)
Dr. Pepper 2-0-12-0

11.1 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
11.2 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
11.3 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
11.4 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
11.5 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
11.6 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Splendid shot for four! (4)

End of over 12
Vatican Victors 96/0 (RR : 8) Required RR(11.6)
Kapil Dev 61 (38b)
Kshitiz_Indian 35 (34b)
Arslaan Khalid 1-0-14-0

12.1 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
12.2 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
12.3 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
12.4 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
12.5 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
12.6 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)

End of over 13
Vatican Victors 102/0 (RR : 7.85) Required RR(12.4)
Kshitiz_Indian 40 (39b)
Kapil Dev 62 (39b)
07harrisb 2-0-11-0

13.1 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
13.2 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
13.3 Arslaan Khalid to Kapil Dev, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
13.4 Arslaan Khalid to Kshitiz_Indian, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
13.5 Arslaan Khalid to Kshitiz_Indian, That was a very good delivery. (0)
13.6 Arslaan Khalid to Kshitiz_Indian, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)

End of over 14
Vatican Victors 104/0 (RR : 7.43) Required RR(14.2)
Kapil Dev 63 (42b)
Kshitiz_Indian 41 (42b)
Arslaan Khalid 2-0-16-0

14.1 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
14.2 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
14.3 The Spin to Kapil Dev, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
14.4 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
14.5 The Spin to Kapil Dev, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
14.6 The Spin to Kshitiz_Indian, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)

End of over 15
Vatican Victors 111/0 (RR : 7.4) Required RR(15.6)
Kapil Dev 68 (46b)
Kshitiz_Indian 43 (44b)
The Spin 3-0-26-0

15.1 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
15.2 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
15.3 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
15.4 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
15.5 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
15.6 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)

End of over 16
Vatican Victors 117/0 (RR : 7.31) Required RR(18)
Kshitiz_Indian 48 (49b)
Kapil Dev 69 (47b)
Dr. Pepper 3-0-18-0

16.1 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
16.2 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
16.3 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
16.4 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
16.5 07harrisb to Kshitiz_Indian, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
16.6 07harrisb to Kapil Dev, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)

End of over 17
Vatican Victors 125/0 (RR : 7.35) Required RR(21.3)
Kapil Dev 76 (51b)
Kshitiz_Indian 49 (51b)
07harrisb 3-0-19-0

17.1 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
17.2 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
17.3 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Splendid shot for four! (4)
17.4 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
17.5 Dr. Pepper to Kshitiz_Indian, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
17.6 Dr. Pepper to Kapil Dev, There's a mix up with the batsman, and he's out!

Kapil Dev run out Arslaan Khalid
Runs : 76 Balls : 52 S/R : 146.2

(0)

End of over 18
Vatican Victors 142/1 (RR : 7.89) Required RR(23.5)
gudduthemaster 0 (0b)
Kshitiz_Indian 66 (56b)
Dr. Pepper 4-0-35-0

18.1 Zorax Doom to Kshitiz_Indian, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
18.2 Zorax Doom to gudduthemaster, Beaten by pace! Fired in full and quicker, the batsman is late to get his bat down and the stumps are in a mess! Excellent bowling!

gudduthemaster b Zorax Doom
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0

(0)
18.3 Zorax Doom to Geoffrey Boycott, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
18.4 Zorax Doom to Geoffrey Boycott, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
18.5 Zorax Doom to Geoffrey Boycott, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
18.6 Zorax Doom to Geoffrey Boycott, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)

End of over 19
Vatican Victors 147/2 (RR : 7.74) Required RR(42)
Geoffrey Boycott 4 (4b)
Kshitiz_Indian 67 (57b)
Zorax Doom 4-0-30-1

19.1 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
19.2 Sydney Barnes to Kshitiz_Indian, Beaten by pace! Fired in full and quicker, the batsman is late to get his bat down and the stumps are in a mess! Excellent bowling!

Kshitiz_Indian b Sydney Barnes
Runs : 67 Balls : 59 S/R : 113.6

(0)
19.3 Sydney Barnes to blake, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
19.4 Sydney Barnes to blake, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
19.5 Sydney Barnes to blake, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
19.6 Sydney Barnes to blake, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 20
Vatican Victors 151/3 (RR : 7.55) Required RR(1.#J)
blake 4 (4b)
Geoffrey Boycott 4 (4b)
Sydney Barnes 4-0-25-1

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 151

And there goes Vatican's hopes of shocking Man D. Man D continue to remain unstoppable, although this time, they owe a debt of gratitude to KI himself. I mean, what was he thinking? 67 off 59 balls when chasing 190? Kapil Dev did his best, but KI just weighed him down from the other end, and once the required rate crept to around 11, the match was as good as gone. With the way KI batted, along with his strange bowling decisions, one could be forgiven for thinking he was trying to throw the game! Expect an investigation on this soon.
Dodgy innings apart, well done to Man D, who just can't be beaten! This loss means Chennai or Beijing, provided they win tonight, could easily move to second place in the table. And if VV lose their final game of the league stages, it could very well see them eliminated for the tournament! The pressure is on!

Code:

Manchester Divided Innings 

Amiya                    c blake b Vince van der Bijl    9   14   0   0  64.29
KBC                  c Kapil Dev b Vince van der Bijl   35   17   4   2  205.9
Zorax Doom                       b Vince van der Bijl   58   37   6   1  156.8
Covvy                                         not out   57   45   8   0  126.7
The Spin                                      not out   20    6   1   2  333.3
07harrisb                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Arslaan Khalid                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Dr. Pepper                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Viv Richards                                      dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Don Tallon                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Sydney Barnes                                     dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Vatican Victors Bowling

Kapil Dev                            4.0           0      40           0     10
WORLD CHAMPIONS                      4.0           0      33           0   8.25
treva                                2.0           0      19           0    9.5
w3lshrugby                           2.0           0       9           0    4.5
Abhas Gupta                          4.0           0      42           0   10.5
Vince van der Bijl                   4.0           0      46           3   11.5

Vatican Victors Innings 

Kshitiz_Indian                        b Sydney Barnes   67   59   7   1  113.6
Kapil Dev                      run out Arslaan Khalid   76   52  10   0  146.2
gudduthemaster                           b Zorax Doom    0    1   0   0      0
Geoffrey Boycott                              not out    4    4   0   0    100
blake                                         not out    4    4   1   0    100
Sohum                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
WORLD CHAMPIONS                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
treva                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
w3lshrugby                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Abhas Gupta                                       dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Vince van der Bijl                                dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Manchester Divided Bowling

Zorax Doom                           4.0           0      30           1    7.5
The Spin                             3.0           0      26           0   8.67
07harrisb                            3.0           0      19           0   6.33
Arslaan Khalid                       2.0           0      16           0      8
Dr. Pepper                           4.0           0      35           0   8.75
Sydney Barnes                        4.0           0      25           1   6.25

Manchester Divided - 189/3 in 20.0 overs. 
Vatican Victors - 151/3 in 20.0 overs. 

Manchester Divided wins the match by 38 runs

Man of The Match - Zorax, for scoring a fifty and returning to bowl 4 overs for just 30 runs and a wicket on a good batting track.

harrisb

International Coach
good win for us, that pretty much guaruntees us 1st place doesn't it

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Another win for us! Great all round effort by Zorax and also I'm very pleased I'm getting form with the batting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread